Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Kyle...where is your Driver's side headlamp washer cover?!?!?!

Awesome job on the detail as always!
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Kyle...where is your Driver's side headlamp washer cover?!?!?!

Awesome job on the detail as always!
    Blah, I knew this would come up, just when!

When the car was in the body shop...(had to keep on going back to fix the dent on the roof and front bumper damage from unload), and it's FINALLY DONE. I was drying off the car and the cover just fell off. The body shop kept on saying how they broke it, and had to order a new part. But when it fell off, they rigged it so just stayed on (and it was still broke). Needless to say, I drove there Monday and they are ordering me a new piece and painting it for me.

Thanks!

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    I clean all my pads, but they take time to dry. That being said, the pads get caked up with polish and loose their ability to cut and need to be cleaned, and since I don't want to wait days for that 1 pad to dry. I use around 5-6 pads a car, that's why I have so much. You can cut it close with 3-4, but then you're not getting perfect results/results that you wanted.

It's all a gambling game when it comes to choosing correct Polish/Pad combo. You have to keep on experimenting with polish and pad combo until you find something. I have over 8 different pads, and 6 polishes, no car is the same. I knew this combo would work because I did a test panel on my car earlier in the year.

Polish/Cut/Correct are all the same There are softer pads, like LLC Black, Blue and Gold that are used for finishing polishes (Black) and blue/gold used to apply sealants or Jewel the paint...

Make Sense
    ?
    Nope. But I get the gist. I just need to start, "get my hands dirty" , and I'll start figuring things out. I'm going to try a 5 pad "kit" from autogeek, testing the different densities/feels (?) of the pads for the products I have. I think a light cutting pad, and some designated polishing- no cutting pads, and a jeweling pad (which is black apparently) will get me started. then I can order more of which I want. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you in the future, but thanks for helping so far!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    Nope. But I get the gist. I just need to start, "get my hands dirty" , and I'll start figuring things out. I'm going to try a 5 pad "kit" from autogeek, testing the different densities/feels (?) for the products I have. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you in the future, but thanks for helping so far!
    IMO, I wouldn't do that

If you start out with M105/205 (Or Menzerna SIP/106FF) and Orange/White LCC pad you should be easy to go (Or Cyan, Tangerine Hydropads). The pad combination starts when you get alittle more into the detailing. Those pad combos are really nice for BMW CC

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    IMO, I wouldn't do that

If you start out with M105/205 (Or Menzerna SIP/106FF) and Orange/White LCC pad you should be easy to go (Or Cyan, Tangerine Hydropads). The pad combination starts when you get alittle more into the detailing. Those pad combos are really nice for BMW CC
    Ok. I've heard really good things about M105 before and would like to get some. I only have light swirls and light scratches from washing, so Orange and Whilte pads should handle that.?. And what does BMW CC mean? BMW Car Care?

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    Ok. I've heard really good things about M105 before and would like to get some. I only have light swirls and light scratches from washing, so Orange and Whilte pads should handle that.?. And what does BMW CC mean? BMW Car Care?
    Yea 105 205 is the combo to use now. Can't beat it.

Orange with 105 and white with 205 on a PC should do the trick. BMW CC means clear coat

Sent using satellite technology

Incredible job!

Easily one of the nicest paint correction/detail jobs I have ever seen Absolute perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    Incredible job!
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Easily one of the nicest paint correction/detail jobs I have ever seen Absolute perfection!
    Thanks Guys

Gorgeous! How many miles are on your M if you don't mind me asking?
    - Derek

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast