Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I am in the middle of installing a whole new system in my car. From what I've learned, the BMW deck sends a differential signal to the amp (i.e., it is not using an RCA Cable). The amp is then separating everything out powering everything but the subs. The subs are powered by a separate amp.

If you plan on upgrading the speakers, you can't just drop in knew ones in the factory locations because the HK system is not setup for 4-ohm speakers (you could go try to find separates, but then you are stuck with the factory amp putting out about 15 RMS a channel). You will end up needing to get an amp. You can still use the factory head-unit, but since I wanted Pandora, Bluetooth, and other bells and whistles I went with an aftermarket head-unit (JVC and Kenwood have color-changing decks).

If you go the component route for front speakers, it is easiest to mount the tweeter in the factory location. For mounting the mid-bass the most common two options are mounting to the door panel or cut a hole in the door and mount to the door. Based on my research, if you are going to mount to the door panel buy something that is 6.25 to 5.25 because then all you need is an adapter and you can mount your speaker (assuming its bottom mount depth is less than 2.5"). I am going to go the door mounting route and use a 6.5" component set for the front. For more info on cutting the doors please see this thread on e46fantatics: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=317339

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    ....has 24bit burr brown DACs, 3x 4V pre-outs, pretty unusual deck.) feeding an old autotek 900.4. Front channels feed ~110 watts to a set of 6.5 CDT components in the front doors with tweeters mounted in custom built sail panels, rear channels are bridged and wired down to 2ohm to feed ~400watts to an elemental designs 11o.v2. Rear door speakers are factory and fed with the rear channels of the headunit's amp.
    Am I the only one completely lost with what zj96sc just said?
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    how does adding something like a Dynavin effect everything sound quality wise?
    Skip it, audiophile and performance car don't mix. Besides, that stuff adds a lot of weight if you do if the right way (doors, floor, and trunk). Just get better quality sound system and turn up the volume

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinZHP View Post
    Am I the only one completely lost with what zj96sc just said?
    I used to know what he said but have no clue anymore about most of it

subscribed...

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Skip it, audiophile and performance car don't mix. Besides, that stuff adds a lot of weight if you do if the right way (doors, floor, and trunk). Just get better quality sound system and turn up the volume

I used to know what he said but have no clue anymore about most of it
    So you think if I need navi (which I do for my work travels) I should just givea givea givea garmin instead of doing something to replace the BMW business CD deck?
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Ahhh... Forget what I said, I was confusing it with Dynamat. It's 1AM out here and I'm not thinking clearly. I need to go to bed soon

Yes to Dynavin. Windows or Android?

ok hahaha. But again, how does the dynavin effect the sound (or does it not... and why)?
    Call me Seth

Dynamat is sound deadening material which makes your car quieter on the inside with doors and windows closed but it weighs a lot. With a quality aftermarket setup your car will sound great but don't you wanna hear your engine/exhaust?

I would think Dynavin is similar quality to the stock system but I would ask somebody that has one. Maybe check the thread on E46F about it...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=839753

Honestly I think BSW + Dynavin would be a perfect setup for the car without going too crazy on a custom sound system

oh I'm all too familiar with dynamat. Had rolls of it in my garage for years.

I would love to hear my car
    but this is going to be my daily driver and I listen to a lot of music on my way to/from school, work, everywhere...

Anyway, BSW is about the same PRICE as dynavin so I dunno, if I think I need BSW I might opt for the DICE kit instead and a garmin to save some $. If I can get by with just some cheaper speakers to replace the OEM's then maybe now Dynavin is worth it. Says it puts out 50w x4.
    Call me Seth

Dynavin also has more stuff to it... personally I want it for the OBC functions more than anything else

http://www.dynavin.com/products/product_dnv_e46.php

Official US distributor:
    http://jandtdistributing.com/dynavin...ories/bmw-e46/

I put the Dynamat info out there for those who don't know, I had a feeling you know what it is.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast