Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Straight Pipes

Muffler was cut about 4 inches up stream so it could be reattached if desired I went with 3" tips. They were the largest that would fit in the stock spot in the rear diffuser

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Cool thanks for the info

Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

most i listen to those videos the more i like this idea. i definitely like the mods that are lots of cool for little $$- ballin on a budget is my motto.

If having the muffler deleted, ask the shop to do what you see in midlandtech's photos - tie the two pipes together with rod or flat bar in multiple places. this can help cut down on resonance and drone as it couples the vibration of the two pipes together. Also ensure you get the tips as far aft of the bumper as the OEM ones - this also helps cut down on drone as well.

You can also just put in a universal magnaflow, 14815 or 14816 are both popular, difference is the tip size. They're straight through designs so they will be functionally transparent to straight pipes but will probably wake it up a little less. Both are in the mid $100s and a good local guy exhaust shop should send you out of their door for $200 or less total.

I had this setup on my E30 - stock everything except muffler replaced with magnaflow, and loved the sound. I've been trying to find clips of it on M54s/330s/ZHPs and from what I can find I really like it.

If I ever do an exhaust this will be the route I take.

It's a good temporary solution or like RVA said - for when you're trying to ball on a budget. However companies like Eisenmann and UUC know how to manipulate the sound to make it sound BETTER than straight pipes and this is where you're gonna fall in love with the sound of your ZHP.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    It's a good temporary solution or like RVA said - for when you're trying to ball on a budget. However companies like Eisenmann and UUC know how to manipulate the sound to make it sound BETTER than straight pipes and this is where you're gonna fall in love with the sound of your ZHP.
    I have been thinking of getting the tse light but it's still 5-600... Maybe some day down the road

~Steve

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    If having the muffler deleted, ask the shop to do what you see in midlandtech's photos - tie the two pipes together with rod or flat bar in multiple places. this can help cut down on resonance and drone as it couples the vibration of the two pipes together. Also ensure you get the tips as far aft of the bumper as the OEM ones - this also helps cut down on drone as well.
    Well put sir my tips stick out a little more than stock ones just for that very reason

~Steve

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456