Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    I am way late but just so people in the future who might look here can know, Dr. Color Chip would make that area MUCH better. You can sand the roughest part down with 600-800 grit wetsanding, and cut away the pieces of paint that are flaking with an exacto. Use the squeegee that Dr. Color Chip sells and you can make the color match, such that you bumper (HokieZHP) would pass what some call the "5 foot test" where it becomes invisible. That's not to say if you have the highest standards it shouldn't be resprayed, but some people have different priorities.
    - Derek

just ordered the kit, thanks for convincing me lol

Just browsed through this. And thank God I found it, I didn't want to do a respray! Thanks Dane! I'll post results soon

indeed, it does look awesome - i may buy a kit for some odd spots i've got, but i most likely will have the front end resprayed as my bumper, hood and LF fender are pretty bad.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    indeed, it does look awesome - i may buy a kit for some odd spots i've got, but i most likely will have the front end resprayed as my bumper, hood and LF fender are pretty bad.

peter
    Peter, the squeegee package covers a large amount of surface area. Maybe try it before doing the respray?
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

This may work for my hood/fenders. The front end needs a respray and I was thinking about just doing the whole front end, but this may save me some money!

Might as well try it and see if it works, if so, then you just saved yourself a good amount of money :D
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

Nice writeup as usual. Question, do you think this product would work on road rash on a front bumper or just paint chips?

Quote Originally Posted by ziazhp View Post
    Nice writeup as usual. Question, do you think this product would work on road rash on a front bumper or just paint chips?
    Nope. You'll still see the road rash. Besides, you won't have enough to cover road rash; the kit was designed for chips, which take up a lot less paint.
    There is no cheap way out of fixing rash, unfortunately.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greetings,

I have some chips on the front of my hood that started rusting. This seems like it could work. I was thinking of using a rust pen for the rust, cleaning, and then some touch-up point. Would this work or is something else recommended?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567