Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Always a chance someone stuck an after market one on there that's hollowed out.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I couldn't tell from the pic you posted Nike...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Look for this Homie....

http://www.zeckhausenracing.com/

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Avus Autosport in Glendale, CA, deleted it from my car... two owners ago. So I don't know what it's like to drive with a CDV. But I felt compelled to do something to the clutch system, so I bled it once I got a Motive power brake bleeder. And then I put in a UUC stainless steel clutch line. There was nothing wrong with the old clutch line; I just couldn't resist the urge to make these small mods and tinker with the car.

I went to do mine and found out it was already gone.

No other way to compare as the only other e46 I drove was a CSL M3 in highschool, 1st to second is rugged and I have to shift faster than I was used to with other cars. There seems to be a sweet spot in the rpm's to shift at and it's early. When it's right tho it's butter. Shifting is precise as well. Dont know if this will help but I have no CDV and thats how it feels to me. There is a definitive sweet spot right in the middle of the clutch pedal and it engages without much delay.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

its better mostly for the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts when you push the car hard. otherwise you won't feel a difference.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

My CDV is gone, PO did it. First ZHP still had it. Night and day for the better. Guibo probably takes the brunt of the impact, still if you know what you're doing it is a non-issue.

Add in a clutch stop and SSK and it is a whole nother world.

1-2 and 2-3 are hardest because they are the largest jump in ratio. Low RPM makes it easy because the RPM difference is smaller. For high RPM/WOT shifts, give the engine more time to wind down to your next RPM and you'll see them start to smooth out. LTW flywheel would probably help in this regard.

1st Gear 4.35
    2nd Gear 2.50
    3rd Gear 1.66
    4th Gear 1.23
    5th Gear 1.00
    6th Gear 0.85
    Reverse 3.93

As an example:

Shift 1->2 at 6500RPM, your new RPM is 3700, so ~2800 RPM (give or take some for accel/deccel during shift) that she has to fall to line up smoothly.

Shift 1->2 at 2000RPM, your new RPM is 1150, so ~850 RPM that she has to fall to line up nice.

You get the picture. I've let my shifts take a little longer and it is getting better. Doesn't help if you're trying to rip gears, but that's not what I spend most of my time doing.

The biggest benefit you get from the CDV delete is consistency and feedback.

The thing to remember about the CDV is that it is a limiting factor, not a scaling factor. In other words, the CDV doesn't make the clutch close at some set fraction of the speed that your foot moves on the pedal - it lets the clutch close at the same speed your foot moves on the pedal up to a certain point, after which any faster motion from your foot doesn't increase the speed at which the clutch closes.

The effect from the driver's standpoint is that while at slow pedal-release speeds the clutch engagement point correlates nice and directly with clutch pedal position, but when you try to release quickly, the engagement point moves artificially (and inconsistently) higher up the pedal's travel. This throws your muscle memory out the window, and most often results in you applying throttle too soon, which translates into excessive and unnecessary clutch slippage.

For that reason,

Quote Originally Posted by bimmeryota View Post
    I never did this mod but heard that it made the biggest primary difference in paralell parking where precise modulation is key. Is this true for those that have done it?
    the thing you heard is exactly backwards - at low engagement speeds you will not notice a difference, but when driving aggressively and shifting quickly, there's a significant difference between cars with and without the CDV installed.

At the end of the day, rev-matching your upshifts and downshifts does much more to prolong the life of the entire driveline, and it's only possible to learn how to do this properly on a car without a CDV installed.

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Before removing mine, the car would grind 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift. This is while WOT shifting. without it it is gone. (high rpms, shifting fast).

2005 BMW 330i ZHP
    2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP A DIY Turbocharger Project!

My site: www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=545&dateline=1337626488

i put in the modified hollowed out unit and felt night/day in 1-2 and 2-3 shifts
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast