Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    AutoCheck reveals that this car is a lemon buy back from CA, and it has also been in an accident with the left front end. Right rear wheel overhang has a dent in the crease, rear of trunk lid has been repainted, road rash on front left rim. Just in case anyone else is interested.

Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Bitches
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Wow. Sale pending.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce08s View Post
    AutoCheck reveals that this car is a lemon buy back from CA, and it has also been in an accident with the left front end. Right rear wheel overhang has a dent in the crease, rear of trunk lid has been repainted, road rash on front left rim. Just in case anyone else is interested.
    Wait, so if this information is correct, why was the initial post so misleading? Clovold?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

NOTE TO SELF: Do not try to sell a car...for someone....without verifying some of the information yourself.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by deuce08s View Post
    Wow! Thanks for the heads-up.

Wonder if Craig was aware of this; I don't think so given his positive endorsements in the first page.

btw, did you see and drive the car?

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Wait, so if this information is correct, why was the initial post so misleading? Clovold?
    My guess is that Craig did not know.

Craig, question: now that this information is out there, is the buyer still interested in buying the car? Let us know how the sale process is going now. I think we're all curious.

Hey guys, let me explain.

The owner bought the car from a local car dealer in '07 and was not informed of the lemon buyback or the accident.

I didn't suspect anything, so I didn't spend my own money on a CarFax check. I'm doing this to help a friend in the hospital and I am not being compensated in any way. deuece08s found these when doing a Carfax check.

After finding out about these issues I had the dealer run a report on why the car was a buyback. I can post the PDF if you want (I sent it to deuece08s) but it was in CA and it basically amounted to a couple minor issues in the first 10,000 miles (2 bad coil packs, bad ecu). CA is very strict, and the first owner took advantage of that to basically get himself a new car for free. That report wouldn't make me worry about this car in the slightest.

I can't find out anything about the accident because it was a previous owner in CA. From the report we know that it was an incident with a parked car on the drivers side fender. Probably a parking lot incident. The repair must have been very professional because I can't see any signs of the repair.

Yes, the is a tiny ding in the passenger side wheel well lip. Smaller than a pencil eraser and shows no damage to the paint or clear coat. A little paintless dent repair would make that go away.

Upon close inspection it does appear that the rear of the trunk lid was repainted. Only the back side of trunk lid itself, not any of the surrounding area of the tail lights or where the lid closes, and not the top of the trunk lid. I don't know why.

The second person that came out to look at it (the same day) was informed of these findings and commited to buy the car ON THE SPOT.

Glad to hear that you found a buyer -- even with the branded title.

Just want to clarify one thing, though. You wrote: "CA is very strict, and the first owner took advantage of that to basically get himself a new car for free."

The first owner would not have received anything for free. Doesn't work that way. Instead, the first owner would have got all of the money that he paid toward the vehicle (down payment, monthly payments, most recent registration payment), minus a rental fee, for the lemon vehicle. So, if the guy paid a total of $20,000 (comprising down payment, monthly payments, etc.), he'd get $20,000 minus the rental (use) fee.

The rental (use) fee is computed using a formula that consists of a numerator (mileage used prior to the first incident that led to lemon status), denominator (120,000), and the purchase price of the vehicle when new.

An easy example will help. Purchase price of $50,000. 12,000 miles used before first incident that led to lemon status. Denominator of 120,000. Math looks like this: 12,000/120,000 = 10%. 10% of purchase price is $5,000. If the buyer paid more than $5,000 to the lender during the relevant period, he or she would receive an amount in excess of the rental (use) fee. A person paying $20,000, then, would be entitled to $15,000 in reimbursement. That's $5,000 for the rental cost and $15,000 back to the purchaser. If the person owned the vehicle for two years, it would work out to a rental of $208.33 a month. Certainly not free.

Anyhow, that's how it works.

Thanks for the clarification., I guess I didn't really understand how that works.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast