Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

No throttle when brake pedal is pressed.

This issue just came up. I was on my way to work and went to do my usual heel-toe down shift and got nothing. I messed with the idea for a few minutes and came to the conclusion that when the brake pedal is pressed, you get no throttle response. I put one foot on the brake and floored the gas. Nothing. Take foot off of the brake, tap pedal, revs go up like they should.
    When I did my oils filter housing gasket yesterday, I had the battery disconnected for the better part of the afternoon. Could this have something to do with it? Did the lack power reset something? WTF?

Please help, I want my heel-toe downshifts back.

Brought to you by sci-fi level technology and Tapatalk.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

It's a safety thing. The throttle is supposed to shut off if the brake is applied. Sort of a runaway car prevention thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Yes, on a new Toyota! But my car--and apparently static's car before the OFHG replacement--I can press the brake and still rev the engine.

Static: Disconnecting the battery for a few hours might reset the adaptive whatchamacallits, which can affect throttle response, but I haven't heard of it adding some new brake-throttle safety interlock. Unless the BMW dealer sneaked into your garage and reflashed your DME while you were taking a bathroom break.

Mine seems to rev just fine for heel-toe - at least, as far as I can tell.

Never had the issue before. It really puts a damper on my driving.

Brought to you by sci-fi level technology and Tapatalk.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

So does mine. I can hit the brakes and rev the nuts off my motor if I wanted. That's a really bizarre problem Static, I don't know what it could be.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Are you talking about when it's in gear on in neutral? When I'm cruising down the highway on throttle and press the brake my throttle cuts but in neutral i can rev it with my foot on the brake.

I think I misunderstood your question
    -Chris-

What do you mean by "When I'm cruising down the highway on throttle and press the brake my throttle cuts" Are you saying that if your cruising and brake while in gear giving it more gas while braking does nothing to increase revs?

I never brake while in gear, so I have never tried to do this. I have also never attempted a burn out (as badly as I want to I'm to paranoid I'll break something)
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

No I mean if I have my foot on the throttle driving and then press the brake, it will cut the throttle as a safety switch for runaway cars or if the throttle gets jammed. In other words, the brake will always overpower the throttle because when it is pressed, the throttle cuts out completely.

I did it to see what would happen. I'm pretty sure all modern cars have this feature. Both of my parent's audi's do and my brother's subie.
    -Chris-

...Chris, I'm not sure what you're talking about, but if you're in gear and doing that of course you're not going to get any response, as the car is slowing down.

What Kyle is experiencing is completely different. He's braking in gear, depressing the clutch with his foot still on the brake then blipping the throttle and downshifting. The clutch is depressed so technically it's in Neutral, and the foot is still on the brake, this is not a safety precaution. Something has changed.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to respond, Kyle Never had this problem.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast