Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Ok. Yeah...who needs slammed cars anyways )
    Its one of those things where you either really dig it or you dont....I've been slamming cars since before it became major and Stance Nation came around.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    looks like a hefty list you got there!

Get some pics in here! I love the process of a build come along in pictures
    If you check out the welcome thread, there are pics in there....but I'll post em up in a bit here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    You may want to look into CobyWheel products for all your Alcantara needs. They are a forum sponsor and the quality is top notch!
    I have an agreement with Redline as a sponsor, but thanks for the recommendation!

Your car is wired for alarm already, if it's inactive you should see about having it coded into the vehicle. Anyone with a laptop and the right programs downloaded can have it done for free, no need to pay a visit to the dealer. PM AZ3579 or M3TAS1N regarding the issue.[/I]

I don't recommend the remote start feature. As per BMW, get in and go. Letting the car idle when cold is not good for your engine.
    True, it is armed and functional, but lacks features that I want. I plan on having Drone Mobile Installed. Unique setup and a ton of features. I'm aware of the idling concern but I dont ever let a car just sit for more than a few minutes when utilizing remote start. Just for when I'm inputting GPS info to my H/U before heading somewhere.

I know the vents look cool and all, but being in the PNW, all of that rain having a direct route into the engine bay is not good. I am totally on board for a CF hood with the power dome, tho. They look totally bad ass!! Please make sure that you get the correct hood shocks or you'll bend or crack the CF near the base.

History with 4 CF style hoods, I got this one down for sure.

DDM is a shit company. Don't ever buy from them. For a relocation kit, I would recommend the GoMiniGo.com license plate bracket that mounts to your tow hook location.
    Good to know, I have had no issues with them in the past, but thanks for the recommendation!

So having them in your high beam bowls will ruin the life of the bulb and potentially harm other motorists. (You can code your LCM for what we have dubbed "The Trifecta," which allows your inner bowls to come on with the Bi-Xenon bulbs and your fogs will remain on. It's very bright and it's not harmful to your bulbs.
    Ever heard of a retrofit? In a quad bi-xenon setup the bowls are eliminated, there is no reason to keep them since the projectors are fitted in their place. Used to do retrofit's when I lived in SoCal, they're cake.

eBay headers, Burns Stainless Y merge, 3 inch custom. Best performance gains I've seen. If you want Sound...look into Magnaflow and aFe's new performance exhaust.
    Thanks, but eBay is just crap. Nameless is a great company, google them and see just how amazing their work is. 100% fabbed in the U.S., local, knowledgeable. Name brands are not my thing, unless absolutely unavoidable.

[I]If you want to talk Turbo, speak to Nivo! He's the most knowledgeable on THIS forum.
    I've actually emailed back and fourth with him a few times. Awesome stuff with what he has done but I am seeking out a complete custom kit, and Nameless did the turbo on my buddy's WRX STI with amazing gains and numbers.

Jon, this looks like it will be a very fun build! What is your end goal with this car? Track, DD, Auto-X, Drifting, Stance, ect. Hope my advice was useful and can save you some money!!
    My primary philosophy is that a build should never just have one purpose but should serve many. This is currently my DD and I plan on keeping it as such along with a potential Auto-X candidate and show car. Each build I have had has served multiple purposes. I could not build a car and just trailer it everywhere and never drive it, thats just abuse and wrong.

Current Ride: '13 R56 Mini Cooper S Hardtop - Ice Blue - Manual

RIP Berenger 7/13/15 189,963k
    '03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black
    ST V1 Coilovers | Beyern Wheels 18x9F 18x9.5R | Redline Goods Interior | Umnitza Halos | UUC Short Shift Kit | Stage 2 Clutch | Lightweight Flywheel | BMW Performance Intake | Pioneer 2-Din Carplay HU | Bav Sound Speaker Upgrade | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob | LED Interior Conversion | Poly Bushings All Around | CF Splitters | CF Roof Spoiler | Projector Fogs

pics added to first post!

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black
    ST V1 Coilovers | Beyern Wheels 18x9F 18x9.5R | Redline Goods Interior | Umnitza Halos | UUC Short Shift Kit | Stage 2 Clutch | Lightweight Flywheel | BMW Performance Intake | Pioneer 2-Din Carplay HU | Bav Sound Speaker Upgrade | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob | LED Interior Conversion | Poly Bushings All Around | CF Splitters | CF Roof Spoiler | Projector Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by JG330i View Post
    I'm aware of the idling concern but I dont ever let a car just sit for more than a few minutes when utilizing remote start. Just for when I'm inputting GPS info to my H/U before heading somewhere.

So how do you plan to start the car when it's parked in gear? Dunno, seems pointless to have remote start.

Ever heard of a retrofit? In a quad bi-xenon setup the bowls are eliminated, there is no reason to keep them since the projectors are fitted in their place. Used to do retrofit's when I lived in SoCal, they're cake.

Yeah, I'm well aware of the retrofit concept (I'm a lurker over on HIDPlanet), I considered it before I found my custom OEM setup. But you're missing my point regarding the ability to use flash-to-pass. Unless you are going to be running the all four at the same time, which in that case is totally overkill. OEM is king for e46 lighting (except for ZKW with their stupid plastic bowls). I don't mean to sound elitist or anything, but poor lighting choices, like HIDs in the reflector housing, 10,000k lights, and crappy projectors are something I see everyday with the car crowd in my hometown. It's my biggest pet peeve, and it really just makes me rage. I doubt I'll ever pass your car on the road, so that's not a worry, just trying to help you make the best decision. You should really consider the AL fix for your ZKWs.

Thanks, but eBay is just crap. Nameless is a great company, Google them and see just how amazing their work is. 100% fabbed in the U.S., local, knowledgeable. Name brands are not my thing, unless absolutely unavoidable.

LOL, my bad, I thought you meant like you haven't decided which exhaust you were going to get. like a To Be Determined type thing. Carry on.

My primary philosophy is that a build should never just have one purpose but should serve many. This is currently my DD and I plan on keeping it as such along with a potential Auto-X candidate and show car. Each build I have had has served multiple purposes. I could not build a car and just trailer it everywhere and never drive it, that's just abuse and wrong.

I'm very anxious to see how your interior plays out. Check out our Auto-X thread!!
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

I'm very anxious to see how your interior plays out. Check out our Auto-X thread!!
    Thanks!

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

Hey Mafia Family,

Do me a fav and click the link below and "Like" the photo on FB. There's a car show this weekend, first one for the ZHP, and we get bonus points towards judging for likes on the pic. 10 likes=1 pt!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf

TIA!!!

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

Done. Not err-body reads projects threads so you may want to post somewhere else too.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Done. Not err-body reads projects threads so you may want to post somewhere else too.
    Gracias!

Will do!

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

With the carshow this weekend, I decided to redo my wheels. Previously, did plastidip then painted over.

I powerwashed with high pressure and heat to remove the pd off the wheels and peeled the excess off.

The process:
    5-6 light coats Plasti-Dip
    30 minutes between coats
    5-6 light coats of Burgundy (Or Preferred Color)
    30 minutes between coats
    3 clearcoats (did not use last time but am this time)
    30 minutes between coats

Currently waiting on doing the 2nd coat on the inside of the wheels. After the 2nd, I'm gonna hit the hay and let these sit overnight then apply the Burgundy tomorrow. Looking forward to better results this time since I actually removed the wheels off the car instead of masking everything off with newspaper and plastic bags over the rotors and calipers.

Also doing my buddies faded CF hood as a stickerbomb

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

Onto the faces again and starting coats of Burgundy.

They are not going to be THIS bright when finished...my camera is just being STOOOOPID.

I'll post when they are mounted later this evening.

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

nike001 Guest
    So.. you used plasti-dip and then you sprayed over them with a color of your choice.. to sort of make it a plasti-dip of your own color choosing?

And then you can just peel it off whenever? Hmm.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast