Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Member - Tampa, FL

Hi All.

My name is Matt and I am 26 years old from Tampa, FL.

Where to start... I guess I have been a "car guy" since high school. My first car was a 1991 Galant VR4 and man do I miss her, number 1667/2000 made in 1991. Taught me how to wrench on cars and there is nothing like AWD and a big turbo on the street. Fast forward many years and many cars later (boy time flies!) and I found myself in a ZHP. I can't say that I was really looking for one, but I purchased her last December.

2004 – 128,XXX at purchase, currently at 132,XXX
    Black Sapphire
    6 Speed
    Alcantara and Black Cube
    HK System
    Cold Weather Package and no Sunroof (From what I have read, may be kind of rare?)
    Auto wipers, lights, and climate
    Bluetooth
    Also has an ipod hook up in the glove box, but I don’t own an ipod (gasp!) so it hasn’t been used

I knew purchasing a higher mileage car I would be in for some fun, but I am planning on doing most maintenance myself. So far though I have had an indy shop work on her and I have been less than pleased, so it’s time to suck it up and do things myself like I had intended.

I had the drive belts replaced within the first few weeks of owning by the shop and then changed the oil and filter myself to OEM 5w30. I have also had a couple blown window fuses, but threw in a 20A (stock I think was 15A) and it seems to have fixed that issue for now.

A few weeks later, I was pulling up to a friend’s house and managed to tear out the inner fender liner and ambient air temp sensor. I drove around for less than a week with those missing and somehow my gauge cluster ended up frozen.

After spending over a month at the shop, I get my car back with a used cluster (No more red needles and lower redline = sad face) and I get a car back with noticeable vibrations. I was thinking the worst since the car was towed to the shop, not on a flatbed. But, what do I find? The lug nuts on the front driver side wheel were not tight, one had backed out and the other four completely loose. Their excuse was that they never even had the wheel off… so I guess I won’t be going back there anymore.

My only real plans as of now are to flush the cooling system before summer here in FL and to flush the transmission fluid. Also, I plan to do new pads and rotors all around, once the rears are worn. (Getting close, but no light yet)

I also need to find a bike rack, I have been thinking OEM rails and Thule or Yakima bars. But the Sea suckers have caught my eye and the company is local to me…

A couple pics:

The day I brought her home:

Parked:

Thanks for letting me join the site! I have lurked, obviously, for a while and really like what you Gents *edit* (and ladies too!) have going on here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I am sure I will be posting plenty of my own.

Welcome, Matt.

We also have a few outstanding women here, too. Not just gents (though mostly gents). Glad you decided to post.

Welcome. Hopefully you'll find what you need here for your DIY projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. Car looks good. And yes, sunroof delete is pretty rare.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Welcome Matt. No sunroof is rare. Sorry to hear about the incident with the indy shop. Between the incorrect towing and replacement of the wrong cluster, I'd be furious. Definitely time to start DIY'ing more. If you have any questions don't hesitate to post, we have a wonderfully large knowledge base on the forum.

And great looking car!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Nice slicktop...welcome to the site.
    2003 325i JAPANROT with some engine mods...currently undergoing an unscheduled front end rebuild

Welcome to the family, Matt! Nice looking sedan.
    ~Jeff

2003 330i / Orion V2 AEs / ASA GT1 Wheels / CDV Delete / OEM Aux / AFE Pro5 Intake

welcome to the mafia.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Welcome to the family...

"Lapit mga kaibigan at makinig kayo, ako'y may dala-dalang balita galing sa bayan ko
    Nais kong ipamahagi ang mga kwento at mga pangyayaring nagaganap sa lupang ipinangako..."

No sunroof, more headroom! Welcome to the Family, Matt!!
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast