Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

DISA rebuild cured my power dip

I've been putting off replacing my DISA valve for years because I didn't want to spend a couple of humdred dollars for something that MAY fix my power dip ~4000-4500 RPM. My DISA valve appeared to be ok when I pulled and examined it.

Then I saw Dane and some others talking about the German Auto Solutions DISA rebuild kit, I bought one and installed it. Now the tranistion at that RPM is perfectly smooth - no more fluttering or stumbling. I'll tell ya, I pulled that DISA valve at least three times to test it but every time it appeared to be tight and smooth. Obviously, there was some kind of binding going on.

The Kit is high quality and uses a solid shaft and aluminum flap instead of plastic. The instructions show in good detail how to tell if your existing DISA is servicable AND they will let you return the kit if it's not
    I'll never replace a servicable DISA again!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Really cool and good to hear. Generally speaking, how hard was it to do?

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    Really cool and good to hear. Generally speaking, how hard was it to do?
    It was really easy and the instructions are excellent
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

That's great to hear.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Just ordered a kit for myself!!
    ~Jeff

2003 330i / Orion V2 AEs / ASA GT1 Wheels / CDV Delete / OEM Aux / AFE Pro5 Intake

Great to hear, Rob! You may want to leave some feedback for Gary @ G.A.S. He's looking to build an all aluminum piece. No chance for vacuum leaks. Great work!

Sent from Branson, MO.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Good to hear as this is something I plan to look into myself very soon. Can you post a link to the parts you ordered? I found somewhere online a "gold" kit, but I can't remember where... It was like $300... Please tell me you spent less than that!!!
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Its a kit from German Auto Solutions and costs $75.

Sent from Branson, MO.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

The Gold one is a new DISA with the rebuild already done. I was shocked it was $300 but it turns out if you bought a new DISA and the kit, the Gold is really only $30 more and already done for you. Obviously just the rebuild kit is way cheaper at $75.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Autozone.com
    ~Jeff

2003 330i / Orion V2 AEs / ASA GT1 Wheels / CDV Delete / OEM Aux / AFE Pro5 Intake

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast