Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    So...you did not do the complete cooling system overhaul?

Sent from Corolla, NC USA = Party
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    So...you did not do the complete cooling system overhaul?

Sent from Corolla, NC USA = Party
    I did everything but the Rad, I think the one hose is just sitting a little funny. It appears to be dripping out of the smaller of the two connections at the top of the expansion tank.
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

You may want to get that looked at...don't wait for it to go. Burp the hose, pull the hose, lube the o-rings with concentrated coolant and reinstall correctly.

Horney...via TT.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    You may want to get that looked at...don't wait for it to go. Burp the hose, pull the hose, lube the o-rings with concentrated coolant and reinstall correctly.

Horney...via TT.
    Yeah, it is a very slow leak but I am letting the engine cool now and I'll look at it in a few hours.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete

Glad to hear all went relatively well buddy! I would've loved to be there today to lend a hand, but you know, family commitments. I am also glad to hear that you're a VANOS/cooling system pro now... You can help me do my car when the time comes...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    Glad to hear all went relatively well buddy! I would've loved to be there today to lend a hand, but you know, family commitments. I am also glad to hear that you're a VANOS/cooling system pro now... You can help me do my car when the time comes...
    I wouldn't say pro, but I will definitely be glad to help when the time comes!

Quote Originally Posted by 328ioc View Post
    I wouldn't say pro, but I will definitely be glad to help when the time comes!

Good enough for me!
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Ok mini update. Car ran fine, other than a crappy idle, on the way to work this morning (about 25 miles) temp stayed steady between 93 and 98 degrees Celsius but generally remained at 95 the whole drive. As of now it looks like the small dripping has stopped too. But I will investigate more at lunch.

Devlin, that's good news Glad to hear that everything turned out a-okay for you!

Now you can help give other's a hand during our next annual SIGFest... I know I'd be willing to help out

Well hopefully this is the final update on the vanos and cooling system job.

Found the vaccum leak.

I, in the bone head of the week award totally forgot about the 4 grommets that go on the 4 bolts that run down the center of the valve cover.......

Yep rookie mistaken lol. Going to throw them on in a little bit. Should be all good after that.

EDIT: rubber grommets installed and all is well.

Last edited by 328ioc; 08-06-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast