Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very interesting....I might get one if it would work on my car...kinda like the idea of it but would have to think about whether it was really necessary. Reprogramming steeringwheel buttons would be a nice touch though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerWill View Post
    Very interesting....I might get one if it would work on my car...kinda like the idea of it but would have to think about whether it was really necessary. Reprogramming steeringwheel buttons would be a nice touch though.

I don't know if there is a definitive definition for the term re-mapping but to me it means that you are changing the function of something. As in their example, you would re-map the R/T button from the Radio/Telephone function to the OpenTrunk function. That IS NOT what the Car Kracker does. The Car Kracker sits on the K-Bus line and listens for commands, you write little routines that when it hears a specific command, it transmits other commands onto the K-Bus. The example they show for the R/T button looks like this:

IF kbus.codecompare(@RTButton)
    - kbus.sendcode(@TrunkOpen)

When the Car Kracker hears the RTButton command, it transmits the TrunkOpen command. What's important to understand is that it DOES NOT SUPRESS THE ORIGINAL COMMAND. This means that you R/T button does two things; change the Radio/Telephone mode AND pop the trunk open.

William
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    I don't know if there is a definitive definition for the term re-mapping but to me it means that you are changing the function of something. As in their example, you would re-map the R/T button from the Radio/Telephone function to the OpenTrunk function. That IS NOT what the Car Kracker does. The Car Kracker sits on the K-Bus line and listens for commands, you write little routines that when it hears a specific command, it transmits other commands onto the K-Bus. The example they show for the R/T button looks like this:

IF kbus.codecompare(@RTButton)
    - kbus.sendcode(@TrunkOpen)

When the Car Kracker hears the RTButton command, it transmits the TrunkOpen command. What's important to understand is that it DOES NOT SUPRESS THE ORIGINAL COMMAND. This means that you R/T button does two things; change the Radio/Telephone mode AND pop the trunk open.

William
    Thanks for all the info William, keep us updated on your work. I have mine in but just haven't gotten around to putting it together or working on it yet.

I really have no idea what I am doing

Quote Originally Posted by Whitexi View Post
    Ermagerd!!

Wier diagerms!!
    Haha!! This had me rolling!
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

So I take that this will do absolutely no good to me since I don't have my phone connected to my E46 in any way....?
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot434 View Post
    So I take that this will do absolutely no good to me since I don't have my phone connected to my E46 in any way....?
    Not sure what you mean, since this doesn't have anything to do with your/a phone

I really have no idea what I am doing

Along these lines, do any of you with Nav know how to get rid of that initial warning screen?

When I first got the ZHP, I downloaded and burned software to CD that I then loaded into the Nav computer and did some sort of firmware hack/update.

But now I don't remember specifically why I did it or what it changed, other than putting a customized image on the Nav "welcome" screen. It was supposed to have ditched the warning screen but it did not. Maybe my map DVD is too old?

I know you can, I haven't done it. I know there are tons of tips on xoutpost. com.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Get someone that can do coding turn it off for you... I know you can do it with ncs expert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123