Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Justin regarding the M5 mirror housings, no they won't work with the OE M3 base plates. The angle of both the base plate and mirror housings are different and as a result the mirror housings won't have the right angle to look right. It will look worse actually...and the mirror housings are too big for the 3-series lines in my opinion...
    I too thought that perhaps the E39 M5 mirrors might be more of a direct bolt on to our ZHP sedans than the E46 M3s. The mirror housing looks the same, and the base might be more of a direct fit, no?

I do still want to convert to folding mirrors, just not sure when it'd get done. Its way down on the list.
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Yeah, those gaps at the base are really distracting.

I don't want M5 mirrors, but I was wondering if the M5 base plate would mate with the M3 Mirror.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Jon,

You can ask Ryan and Kyle to take pics of the M3rep mirror housings and OEM M3mirror housings side by side so you can actually see how much bigger the M3rep mirror housings are. They are not the same mirrors.

@ Justin, no. The mirror base plates from the M3 reps are shaped differently from the mirror base plates of the OEM M3 mirrors. The angle where the base plate meets with the mirror housing won't be the same since they are two different types of mirrors (one being from the E46 M3, and the other from the E39 M5). Attaching the mirror housing to the wrong base plate won't allow the housing to line up correctly although I have never attempted doing this. Perhaps Ryan and Kyle can confirm when they retrofit their OEM M3 side mirrors to Lucy?

I kind of like the Schmeidman mirrors TBH. Especially with power fold and led. I think they'd be sick.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I like the LED and power fold option, both of which can also be retrofitted to the OEM M3 side mirror if someone desired. I admit that the LED lighting looks cool

I kept on wondering why Schmeidmann never went to the extent of making ribbon connectors since their website pics show a sedan, and yet their website selections only specifies mirrors are for coupes and verts.....?

@Charlie....Justin mentioned something concerning M3 & M5 being interchanged baseplates....now, since M3s would require extensive mods to make them fit....did someone mention if there are no other way...would an OE E39 M5 fit to the ZHP without mods....as in plug & play? I'd take an M5...but no reps tho.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Lawrence, the base plates are not the same. The M5 mirrors apparently fit with no modding aside from probable wiring differences.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    I kept on wondering why Schmeidmann never went to the extent of making ribbon connectors since their website pics show a sedan, and yet their website selections only specifies mirrors are for coupes and verts.....?

@Charlie....Justin mentioned something concerning M3 & M5 being interchanged baseplates....now, since M3s would require extensive mods to make them fit....did someone mention if there are no other way...would an OE E39 M5 fit to the ZHP without mods....as in plug & play? I'd take an M5...but no reps tho.
    Have they been contacted to ensure they don't?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Affirmative. The sales tech are not familiar with ribbon connectors. They do not know why there are different connectors. Sales are sales. Minimum technical knowledge. They only work with what they got.......

In the meantime, anybody know what type of wiring connectors for an E39 M5?
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12