Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

HELP! Need advice on VMR wheels!

Hi all, I'm still fairly new around here but I have some more info I'd like to share.

If you didn't know already, I had a silbergrau '05 325Ci (sports package) that got totaled a few months ago, which ultimately led to my purchase of my current silbergrau '05 330Ci ZHP. The insurance money covered the purchase, and I am concluding my chiropractor visits soon. I should be expecting some extra cash sometime in the future.

I had previously made this thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ew-or-M3/page2

I was thinking of getting the ESS SC or even an E46 M3 but I have decided to keep the ZHP but put that SC on hold. Not a good investment to shell out that much at this time, since I will need to pay extra to upgrade other aspects in order to accommodate the extra boost.

Instead, I would like to get some wheels. Specifically, VMR V710's.

I love the look of the factory ZHP wheels but they are a pain to clean (I used to Q-tip in between the spokes ) but I like the V710's even more. Plus I want to reduce weight.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated! I admit, I am very naive when it comes to wheels and as such, I'm hoping to just be able to buy a set of 4 and be able to slap them on and still use the tires I have now on them without also having to add spacers or do any adjustments.

Enlighten me!

VMR's are nice. I have only heard good things.

But....

BBS.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I have OEM (BBS ) CSLs on the e90 which are basically the same as 710s, don't expect a easy cleaning experience lol, it sucks!!

As for VMR, never heard anything bad about them.

You have silbergrau, maybe look into gun metal? Probably don't show break dust as bad.

Sent from my fancy city machine.
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Just FYI, the V710s are not perfect CSL replicas. If that's the look you're going for, you need the VB3 or V703s as they're listed in the VMR site...

Anyway, I really like the VMR wheels myself. If you want an easy cleaning experience, I think you should look at the V701. Those wheels are HOT.
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Yep, what Jon said.

Also realize VMR's aren't much weight savings and actually in some cases depending on how big the rims are, you might be adding weight.
    If that is any issues, look into some APEX ARC8's or like Dane said, BBS.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

V710s are a closer replica of the HRE monoblock wheel while the VB3(what I have) is the CSL replica. I do agree that the 701s are pretty hot too...
    Depending on where you get them the finish may or may not be OEM quality and have heard some things about using wheel cleaners on them and them not holding up. I only use soap and water and keep them waxed and haven't had any issues and would reccommend if you weren't going to go the BBS route.

i looked at the VMR 710s (in fact if you look at my thread two threads down, titled "New Wheels: Decisions, Decisions" you'll see i was leaning towards those initially), but found the Avant Garde M310s to be a better option. visually, they are nearly identical, but the M310s are low pressure cast, meaning they have a higher load rating and are slightly lighter. the 18x9 ET38 M310 weighs just under 24lbs. nearly 5 lbs of weight savings per wheel. car is peppier and they look great imo.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Like Dane said....if you want the best then I say go with BBS. You will pay out more but these rims are OE for BMWs...

For my ///M I went with VMR VB3s and couldn't be happier. The hyperblack finish is perfect for my TiAg and I still love the CSL styling. The V710s are also awesome wheels and if you get them you will be happy. Being in New England....we are notorious for having an abundant supply of potholes (ask Chad44, SNA77, Nivo, or BP) my VMRs have held up perfectly over three years of usage. Amazingly enough in three years I haven't had any curb rash on them (knock on wood!)

Other than the occasional chip from road debris, the wheels themselves are sound and true. I'm sure if you get the V710s they will be perfect... They will be easier to clean over the VB3s and should look great! I would get these but they don't come in hyperblack which is the color I find best suited for my ///M.

Here are a few pics of the VMR VB3s I'm currently running on my ///M

When I replace these I will be going with another set of VMR VB3s but with 19X10 in the rear vice 19X9.5 VMRs are good quality wheels at a great price

Thanks for all the input guys. All these other mentions and the pics....
    I can't decide on which set just yet but I definitely will be getting something.
    Quick question though, for those who have aftermarket wheels, did you sell your ZHP wheels or did you hold on to them?

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by M3TA5IN View Post
    I have OEM (BBS ) CSLs on the e90 which are basically the same as 710s, don't expect a easy cleaning experience lol, it sucks!!
    How did that come about? Most people just go for reps, and I know OG rims carry a pretty hefty price tag

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast