Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

So my diff fell down...

Yup, my e46 M3 diff actually fell while driving. Thankfully no mayor damage, $150 got it solved in a single day.

Apparently the M3 has a common failure at the diff cover bushings, which no body (not blaming you guys) told me I should have changed them before the whole process of installation. In the e36 the bushings can be replaced for $11 each, while in the e46 the entire cover has to be replaced because BMW wont sell the bushings separately.

The scary part was when it actually fell because I was on the highway and the car started shaking very hard whenever I would touch the gas. Since I could not stop to check, and I was near my mechanic, I got to his house thinking the worst; new diff, new carrier, new axles, cracked panels, sell the car. He told me that he could get the part from the dealership at $150 (instead of the $365 that would have cost me if I went by myself), and he would not charge me because he had forgotten to suggest me changing it the first time. Fortunately the part was available and later that day I was on my way again.

Now the car feels even better than before, and I am happy no other damage was done, and I can keep the car.

Pic of the "carnage"

So, if you are planning on doing the M3 diff swap, take this into consideration. You can also buy solid bushings, or polyurethane bushings, and reuse the diff cover; but that is more race oriented.
    Juan Luis

2003 Imola Red Sedan

Wow...that's crazy.

This post brought to you by Uncle Clark's Anti-gravity Cream. Put some on your Super Collider just before the Big Bang.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Dang, so THAT's what I forgot to mention! (Sorry, bad joke). I can only say that because everything came out ok. Wow, as Justin said, that is CRAZY!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

What, you couldn't anticipate something like that? One time my engine fell out, so I swerved right, popped the hood, caught it, then flipped it back in its bay all in one fell swoop.

It was pretty sick, actually.

Glad you and the car are okay!
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    What, you couldn't anticipate something like that? One time my engine fell out, so I swerved right, popped the hood, caught it, then flipped it back in its bay all in one fell swoop.

It was pretty sick, actually.

Glad you and the car are okay!
    Maybe not the best post while trying to sell your car. But fwiw, i saw you do this and it WAS awesome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

It wasn't the ZHP engine, silly. I couldn't lift that whilst driving! Jeesh, the imagination on you!

It was my MINI's engine! Duh!
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    It wasn't the ZHP engine, silly. I couldn't lift that whilst driving! Jeesh, the imagination on you!

It was my MINI's engine! Duh!
    Oh werd.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.