Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: JP's E21 DD

Awesome work! That's one hell of a background for the engine pics. Focused more on them than the build lol.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Great work, come assemble my S52 next, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    High temp paint

JP, engine build looks really, really nice. I will look forward to the concours photos in the near future!

Also, I think that you may have some additional weight savings on the pulley by reducing the added fur on the right side... 😀

-Brettski

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Awesome work! That's one hell of a background for the engine pics. Focused more on them than the build lol.
    hahahaha... thanks! Yeah, the M88 and Katy Perry make good friends for my engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    Great work, come assemble my S52 next, lol.
    lol... I have no experience with M5x internals. I have disassembled a M54B30, but I didn't pay that much attention; I was just trying to get the crank.

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    JP, engine build looks really, really nice. I will look forward to the concours photos in the near future!

Also, I think that you may have some additional weight savings on the pulley by reducing the added fur on the right side... 😀
    Thanks Brett! I doubt I will be having any concours photos photos soon, I still need a new paint job.

I did clean up the pulley a little bit. I needed to polish the front seal surface so I got the fur off at that point

In case anybody else was distracted by the background:

Mmmmm

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

JP's E21 DD

head 'on'... Ben will be here Friday to actually put things together/set timing/wiring/etc.

'74 casting, more Toyota, new gasket, new hardware

water pump pulley painted, alternator bracket painted/installed, oil filter installed, timing mark painted on crank pulley

intake

exhaust

cleaned up the surface rust and primed the subframe

painted

needs a wash

Last edited by Hermes; 04-01-2015 at 07:45 PM.

few more last things... head actually on/timing set. Need to pull a tii distributor out of the pile and check it out/install. Will physically install the engine tomorrow and deal with fine tuning later.

you might notice that my stock downpipe/cat has been removed, headers sitting out for test fitting

btw, I finally mounted my bumper correctly (nyloc ftw)

ready for the new engine

just hanging out with my shark nosed friend

Pulled the stock speedo cable/O2 light reset box, replaced with an equal length 2002 cable

maybe I'll repaint this in a few years

Cut out the battery tray so I can use a 325i airbox

Flywheel/clutch/pressure plate installed

In

Test fit the headers, will need some modifications

Lots of room without AC or the low mount alternator

Radiator & shroud on. NOS early E21 small fan blade

new coolant pipe

Installed the rest of the coolant hoses and the thermostat. I think I might change the alternator to the 80A 318i version from the 90A 325i version I currently have. I don't really need the extra 10 amps as the stock E21 was something stupid like 65A, but because the 90A is a hard mount vs the 80A has bushings and is the correct one for an E30 M10.

Awesome stuff JP .

Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast