Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2115 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1115161520152065210521132114211521162117212521652215 ... LastLast
Results 21,141 to 21,150 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
    The joy of winter going away
    You know it. It's kind of like switching to summer tires being the "seal" of winter being done. lol

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    nice. the temps are OK for me to do that this week, but next week it's only supposed to be 2-3C as the high, and that's just not really warm enough.

i'm interested to check out those firestones!
    The lows are still a bit cold here, but ultimately it doesn't matter as long as it doesn't snow. That's where it would really be a problem! Temps aren't low enough to cause freezing over here so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I'm Finally getting around to doing maintenance on the car that I've been neglecting for the last couple of years. I have a pile of of parts to go in.
    I decided not to re-bush the whole rear sub frame because it doesn't need it. With the exception of the diff bushings, everything is in perfect shape. The Guibo and center bearing show no signs of deterioration or wear but are getting replaced because I already bought the parts....
    IDK if it's because the car has been stored for the winter and garage kept in the summer but I'm not seeing any deterioration of the rubber suspension/driveline bits other than the FLCAB and the diff bushings. I'm at 147k
    My friend was telling me he's never had to do subframe bushings on the E46's that have come through the dealer when he still worked there as a tech. He said they rarely need replacing.

I think mine are still good with 293k+ on 'em...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    My friend was telling me he's never had to do subframe bushings on the E46's that have come through the dealer when he still worked there as a tech. He said they rarely need replacing.

I think mine are still good with 293k+ on 'em...
    Yea when I was still up north I asked Kristen to bring home from BMW dealer, the tool to do the RTAB and she said they didn't have one because they never have to replace them.

I haven't been easy on my car for the 100K+ miles I put on it... I thought, with all the talk about it on the internet, that all of the bushings and rubber bits would be worn out by now but I'm finding it's quite the opposite...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I'm Finally getting around to doing maintenance on the car that I've been neglecting for the last couple of years. I have a pile of of parts to go in.
    I decided not to re-bush the whole rear sub frame because it doesn't need it. With the exception of the diff bushings, everything is in perfect shape. The Guibo and center bearing show no signs of deterioration or wear but are getting replaced because I already bought the parts....
    IDK if it's because the car has been stored for the winter and garage kept in the summer but I'm not seeing any deterioration of the rubber suspension/driveline bits other than the FLCAB and the diff bushings. I'm at 147k
    That makes sense. Rubber loooooves to crack in cold weather. Probably why the rubber bushings in my Florida car look good at 155k.

Your wife said you don’t need anything but your dad van.
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Lol, I hear you guys had a good laugh about that...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Changed the short shifter pin to the "35% shorter than stock" setting and realigned the shifter cables. Think I need to get a taller and heavier shift knob.

Shifter cables are interesting though, the side to side movement needs to be sured up but the front to back distance is literally two inches from 1-2, etc.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Switched over to the summer tires/wheels last night. So glad to have the BBS back with proper tires.
    I need to do that. Almost 80* today but some nights near freezing expected next week.

Intake cleaning complete.
    I miss this intake so much. Been running the stock one for the past 3 months. Being lazy sucks!

Man I love this sound. The TSE3 sounds so boring without this intake.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    I need to do that. Almost 80* today but some nights near freezing expected next week.
    The temps don't really bother me, as long as it doesn't snow. That's the real killer.
    Will probably be buying performance winter tires next winter season. This rubber band feeling of the WS-80's was starting to get old.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

The temps don't really bother me, as long as it doesn't snow. That's the real killer.
    Will probably be buying performance winter tires next winter season. This rubber band feeling of the WS-80's was starting to get old.
    i find the x-ice3's really good for this - they are a good balance. michelin does have a 'performance winter' but the x-ice3 is actually really good. i run them on both the Touring and the X3.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 2115 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1115161520152065210521132114211521162117212521652215 ... LastLast