Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Meee

Exactly. I would rather not run a stance-only set up on my e46. My e30 is a stance queen, and that's how I'd like it to stay haha. I think I'll see if I can get some pictures of fitment from Miro. I'll post updates. Thank you for all if the input guys. Keep it coming!

Let's just set one thing straight... "Stretched tires" are NOT correct fitment... That's a deliberately improper fitment purely for having a wider rim. Personally, I think it looks silly...

If you want proper fitment, go with 18x8.5" up front and 9" out back, or go square with an 8.5"... My wheels are 18x8.5" ET35 all the way around... Fitment looks pretty good, and I'm running a 245/35 tire all the way around, again for a correct fitment.
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

I'm with Dalton. Go staggered and push the fronts out a bit with spacers to even them up
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    Let's just set one thing straight... "Stretched tires" are NOT correct fitment... That's a deliberately improper fitment purely for having a wider rim. Personally, I think it looks silly...

If you want proper fitment, go with 18x8.5" up front and 9" out back, or go square with an 8.5"... My wheels are 18x8.5" ET35 all the way around... Fitment looks pretty good, and I'm running a 245/35 tire all the way around, again for a correct fitment.
    Its not for everybody but that is the proper way to do it if you want to go low and have a proper stance that is flush.

And stretching tires let's you go low.

And if you are after " correct fitment ", you wouldn't undersize the tires meanings stepping down in width.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Its not for everybody but that is the proper way to do it if you want to go low and have a proper stance that is flush.

And stretching tires let's you go low.

And if you are after " correct fitment ", you wouldn't undersize the tires meanings stepping down in width.
    I agree, if you're going for extreme low, sure, slam, tuck and stretch all you want. But we all know that performance is compromised, as well as safety and roadworthiness. And its extremely hard on tires... I just think its a waste of time/money...

But as we all say, to each their own...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

When you say "stretched" are you talking about putting them on a rim wider than is recommended? I see that all the time here in L.A. but I can't imagine anyone that cares about handling doing it.

The width of the rim will definitely effect the sidewall profile and contact width but there is an acceptable range. I looked up my 255/35/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport's and Michelin gives a rim width of 8.5-10". That's a pretty big range and they would look quite different on an 8 1/2" rim vs a 10" rim.

EDIT***

This wasn't aimed at anyone in particular I'm just wondering if everyone is on the same page
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    I'm with Dalton. Go staggered and push the fronts out a bit with spacers to even them up

I've done many a research on wheel fitment, because I was trying to figure out any way possible to make 9.5" ET35 fit in the rear of my car without having to stretch, camber, and roll/pull fenders. I didn't find any way.

(The 9.5"ET35 wheel I was set on was the concave APEX ARC-8, since the lesser widths/offsets didn't come in concave)
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    When you say "stretched" are you talking about putting them on a rim wider than is recommended? I see that all the time here in L.A. but I can't imagine anyone that cares about handling doing it.
    I looked up my 255/35/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport's and Michelin gives a rim width of 8.5-10". That's a pretty big range and they would look quite different on an 8 1/2" rim vs a 10" rim.
    Yes, thats what people are talking about.

Michelin tires have a beefier sidewall compared to most other companies. So their 255 width tire on a 10" wheel wouldn't look the same as other manufacturers 255 tire would. It might be noticeable, but you'd probably have to be looking for it.

Any images of what a 9.5 et35 looks like on the e46 ?

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post

Thank you for understanding. I don't agree with tire stretch. I have friends running 225's on 9 and 10 inch wheels to make things fit. That's asinine if you ask me. I do enjoy the look of the squared up 9.5s from a purely aesthetic standpoint; they look great. But there is a sacrifice in drop, and a a 9.5 inch wheel up front is a lot of wheel to be throwing around corners. I think I might go with the 8.5s. I know the 9.5 will fit in the rear, but I'm going to have to roll the fenders A LOT and go up a good bit in the rear (and the front to match). Jupiter, do you have pictures of your car that I could see for fitment? Or a link to a thread in here with pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Any images of what a 9.5 et35 looks like on the e46 ?
    Look in the link I posted, the black sedan has the 9.5 et40s on his car with a 5mm spacer to flush them out. ESSENTIALLY, it's an et35.... If you can deal with the 5mm not being in the wheel itself.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast