Ok everyone, I know this is ANOTHER camera thread... With our tax return on its way, the lady and I have decided its time to buy a new camera. She wants to get into photography for friends/family, mostly shooting babies and kids, and I'd like to get into it for shooting nature and cars... We have been pretty settled on the Canon 60D. I've read a lot that many people outgrow the Rebels, even at the amateur level. While I don't see that happening for quite some time, I don't want to run into that... We don't plan to buy another camera for quite awhile, if ever, so I want to make sure that we get something that we can learn and grow with for a LONG time. Of course, that being said, I've been reading a lot about a new 70D being released at the end of next week. So, now I'm kind of wanting to see a list of specs on that model to see if I should wait. I like the weather sealing of the 7D (question if that will be the case with the 70D), but we really want the vari-angle LCD of the 60D (also reported to be possible on the new 70D). Of course, the 60D is also much more budget friendly...

So my main question, where do you all prefer to purchase from? Am I safe buying either of these models from the big stores (Best Buy, Costco, etc??) or should I look to smaller photography retailers? Also, what about purchasing online through Amazon?? I honestly don't use Amazon that much...

I do know that I need to look at the lenses that may or may not be offered in the bundles. I've been reading quite a bit about the lens designations and I will make sure to select the best package based on lenses. I'm thinking for now we'll go with a 17-85mm for all around shooting, work on other stuff later. But aside from lenses and package deals, where is the best place to shop or the best deal to find??

And also, what do all of you know about this new 70D? Anyone have any more info than the "rumor reports" that I find when searching online?? If it is truly a replacement, I think I might want to wait for it...

Aaaaaaaaaand discuss. Thanks in advance folks!