Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    You would do something far worse if your car got hit.
    My car has been hit! More like a love tap though, just a bent fender and a new corner light. A mans balls though...

Seth I'm sorry your M3 got hit man, I know how you feel and it sucks not having your car because of someone elses negligence. Thankfully it doesn't look to bad and it shouldn't cost you anything to fix. Just make sure to file a claim through the other dudes insurance and maybe let your insurance know what happened just to be on the safe side.

On the bright side, maybe you feel like having your hood, bumper and passenger fender resprayed just like my car when I got backed into. A whole new fresh front end!
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Yeah I see that part of it for sure. However a few points to make on the subject - not to be a constant Debbie downer.

1. Regardless of who's insurance pays my rates will increase likely.

2. My $1000 deductible will need to be paid upfront until they work out stuff with his insurance or sue him for damages. On top of that's insurance only covers $25 a day rental car so I have to pay out of pocket for that as well since no rental car is $25 a day.

3. My carfax is now dirty and while I have photos and all that to show the severity and documents, the cars resale value will now forever be effected by it, possibly to the tune of several thousand dollars.

Just doesn't seem fair I go through all the hassle and financial costs because some asshat decided it would be fun to get wasted and bash into a row of cars.

Either way it's at iND so it's in good hands and MAYBE I'll get lucky and get a new toy or two out of this.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Seth, unfortunately you're correct. Your carfax will show an accident but you have photos to show the extent of damages so for any prospective buyer, you will have all supporting documents showing how your car was properly repaired back to stock or better than stock condition. Your resale may take a hit but then depending on the buyer, maybe not.

Hopefully you can hammer the crap out of that asshat and really make him pay for his stupidity.....there are consequences for one's actions and he should be held accountable for what he did. It's simple as that. Hopefully, you will be properly reimbursed and compensated for your troubles. Good luck Seth!

Since you are not at fault here, I really doubt your insurance rates will go up. Trust me, I work for the Texas Department of Insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    3. My carfax is now dirty and while I have photos and all that to show the severity and documents, the cars resale value will now forever be effected by it, possibly to the tune of several thousand dollars.
    Seth this part may not be that bad.

Yes the Carfax will be dirty and yes the resale will be lower, but in a case like this your insurance company should cover diminished value.

Basically if you ever sell the car you should be able to recover the difference in value from the insurance.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Fredo in 2008 9 days after buying my first brand new BMW e90 a fedex truck on the highway started littering the the road with packages and one hit my car hard, $1250 worth of damage. FedEx paid it out of pocket and my insurance wasn't even contacted, however 2 months later at renewal time my rates jumped up because of my motor vehicles report.
    Call me Seth

Wow, things must be different over there.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    Yeah I see that part of it for sure. However a few points to make on the subject - not to be a constant Debbie downer.

1. Regardless of who's insurance pays my rates will increase likely.

2. My $1000 deductible will need to be paid upfront until they work out stuff with his insurance or sue him for damages. On top of that's insurance only covers $25 a day rental car so I have to pay out of pocket for that as well since no rental car is $25 a day.

Just doesn't seem fair I go through all the hassle and financial costs because some asshat decided it would be fun to get wasted and bash into a row of cars.

Either way it's at iND so it's in good hands and MAYBE I'll get lucky and get a new toy or two out of this.
    Talk with your friends about this, but I'm pretty sure if you go through the other dudes insurance about the accident, your insurance rates won't go up because your insurance isn't doing anything. His insurance is also directly responsible for providing you a rental car for however long your car is in the shop for necessary repairs. I would raise hell about it.

Good luck Seth I hope everything works out.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

That's if he has insurance. I still don't know as it wasn't listed on police accident report.

I was instructed to go through mine and then will be reimbursed later when they get his info.
    Call me Seth

I know plenty of people that wouldn't mind a dirty CarFax so long as it was fixed correctly. Not all ///M buyers as ass-cheeks-clenched enthusiasts that nitpick over every tiny detail for no logical reason.

I'm sure it'll all work out great in the end, Seth.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast