Quote Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
I didn't know this thread existed (my fault for not searching) or I would have just rented the tool I bought from one of y'all.

I have a new MIS RTAB tool that I used for one job, would ship from Memphis, TN, or pick up if you happen to be local, paypal a deposit, return deposit less an agreed amount for "rental" when the tool comes back...

Thanks!

I successfully rented, used, and returned Marcus' (Imola.ZHP) MIS RTAB tool.
First, I waited until last minute to decided to rent from someone. Marcus was first to respond and had it in the mail immediately. It arrived on schedule, I used it and returned it (Flat rate shipping box <$6 ). Marcus immediately returned the deposit. No worries there.

As for how the tool worked, well I am glad I had it. Would have been a real PITA without.

One hint - after watching several DIY videos, I saw the tool being used from either side. However, if you examine the rear trailing arm bracket where the bushing in press fit into, you will notice one side is very squared off while the other side is rounded on the OD (outside diameter) and beveled on the ID (inside diameter). It works best if the tool's support base (the U-shaped piece) is located on the squared off side - this greatly reduces the chances of it slipping off the RTA when tourqe is applied. Also, always insert new busing from the beveled side (it really helps get the bushing in straight and without damage)

If your are replacing RTABs, do yourself a favor and get the tool. yeah, $25 is a bit for tool rental, but afterwards you will know it was worth it.