I'd love to do something like that, but I've got a million "because life, man" excuses as to why I can't. One day I'll get fed up, call quits, and head for the horizon...

I do plan on building a sleeping platform in the bed, with pull-out storage drawers underneath. I want to keep all camping/cooking/recovery stuff there on a semi-permanent basis, so that the only things I'd need to pack for a weekend outdoors would be a bag of clothing and some food. May even get one of those fancy ARB Fridges and setup a (dual?) deep cycle battery in the bed to power it. I've seen builds where people do absolutely insane things with their truck beds - like showers, complete with heating, water pumps, privacy curtains, etc. I'll start on this idea once the canopy is installed and I waterproof the bed to a point I'll be happy with. The trick will be to make the storage drawers high enough to store everything I want (need to make a list of this, measure dimensions, plan and then plan some more), but low enough to still allow me room to a) move around on top of it without hitting my head on the canopy, and b) carry large~ish cargo when the need arises.