Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Hybrid View

You've gotten most covered pretty well, here are my thoughts:

- Radiator is one of the only items that seems to last on the cooling systems of these cars, but if you've already ordered, no problem to go ahead and replace
    - For the tension pulley, you'll need to look and see if you have the hydraulic or mechanical.
    - Spark Plugs: NGK BKR6EQUP
    - I'd hold off on the tranny fluid until you've done all the other maintenance to see if it is really needed.
    - Not sure what you mean by idle sensors, but if you're having problems with RPMs surging at idle, check the Idle air Control Valve (ICV).
    - For the whistling, you'll just need to carefully inspect the plumbing for cracks. Dane Wilson has a photo of the common failure point under #9 here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ve-maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    -Idle sensors(I hope I'm right?) Do you mean Idle Control Valve?Camshaft Position Sensors?
    -Spark Plugs(I vaguely remember NBK ebrkqup, or something like that,Help please) NGK bkr6equp
    -I heard Seafoam is a smart idea in some cases for smoother idle, Yes-Walmart
    -Lower intake boot, I been trying to find, but I don't know how to know if that's where the whistle is coming from, I don't trip any codes .
    -Tensioner, I do not know which one is usually recommended to be replaced. Replace both tensioners and the deflection pulley
    -Tranny Fllush, You can swap out fluid, but won't be able to DIY flush. Need the sticker on side of your tranny.
    -New Brake Fluid - I used super blue race fluid. I think theres better stuff out there though.
    -Possibly 02 sensors? Get O2 sensors off of Amazon
    Quote Originally Posted by telijah View Post
    You've gotten most covered pretty well, here are my thoughts:

- Radiator is one of the only items that seems to last on the cooling systems of these cars, but if you've already ordered, no problem to go ahead and replace
    - For the tension pulley, you'll need to look and see if you have the hydraulic or mechanical.
    - Spark Plugs: NGK BKR6EQUP
    - I'd hold off on the tranny fluid until you've done all the other maintenance to see if it is really needed.
    - Not sure what you mean by idle sensors, but if you're having problems with RPMs surging at idle, check the Idle air Control Valve (ICV).
    - For the whistling, you'll just need to carefully inspect the plumbing for cracks. Dane Wilson has a photo of the common failure point under #9 here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ve-maintenance
    NGK bkr6equp - Thanks wrote that down.
    And yes the idle control valve!!! I was trying to remember what that was referred to as.
    Seafoam just goes straight into the vacuum right?
    Both Tensioners?Ones hydraulic and ones mechanical, which one is correct? http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-325.../Drive_Belts/2

I believe this is the right LIB(lower intake boot)

Amazon sells O2 sensors? Never knew that.(I don't know which one is the correct one! Never changed these before!)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...2+sensor&ajr=0

And thanks for the link! That picture made it really helpful! I'm going to run outside work and check it right now since I'm all finished for the day.

Appreciating all the help fellas!