Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    On the 2nd and 4th from left I see a little bit of oil but IMO those plugs look about what I would expect from a car with 112K miles.

William.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    Yeah, I think we all (myself included) shot from the hip with perhaps not a perfect idea of what was going on. Apologies if I've offended anyone.

nike001: Exactly what was on the plugs? Did only two plugs have oil on them and the rest had carbon buildup? Are you sure it was burnt oil and not just carbon?

If we've got liquid oil on 2 plugs only and carbon buildup on the other 4, I suspect valve seals on cylinders 3 and 4.

If we've got burnt oil on all 6 plugs with liquid oil on 2 plugs, I'd suspect oil in the intake charge....CCV or related components.
    Take a look at my pictures on page 2 and see what you think. Like I said before though, CCV was replaced last month with all new hoses & VCG was replaced about last november.

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    On the 2nd and 4th from left I see a little bit of oil but IMO those plugs look about what I would expect from a car with 112K miles.

William.
    I noticed this as well. I think those are plugs 3 & 4

What's the oil loss like? Are we talking about a lot of burned oil or is there a leak somewhere in the system. I'd check the oil pan and the OFHG...everything else looks to be Valve Seal related.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

yeah, i dont know that i see anything totally unacceptable there. maybe a little bit of valve stem seepage on 2/4 from left, but the rest look fine to my amateur eye.

I would maybe try running slightly thicker oil....why are you not using 5w-30?

You could also yank your new plugs out really quick and see what you see.

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    What's the oil loss like? Are we talking about a lot of burned oil or is there a leak somewhere in the system. I'd check the oil pan and the OFHG...everything else looks to be Valve Seal related.
    Seems to me like 1qt every ~1000 miles. No visable leaks anywhere. Me, Terra, and my buddy looked over a lot of it when we were doing vanos. Maybe I'll have a tech put it in the air at work and look around a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    yeah, i dont know that i see anything totally unacceptable there. maybe a little bit of valve stem seepage on 2/4 from left, but the rest look fine to my amateur eye.

I would maybe try running slightly thicker oil....why are you not using 5w-30?

You could also yank your new plugs out really quick and see what you see.
    I'm running Castrol 0w30 as per Terra's recommendation. He also suggested to try running even thicker oil.

I also thought about yanking out some plugs really quick to see what I can find. Maybe I'll do that later today If I have time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123