Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Take this one for example

That kind of dyno graph is one that will be definitely felt as a hesitation or miss on the street. and look at the lack luster power.

Great thread guys. I haven't spent much time noticing if I have much hesitation around that rpm, but if I do I'll be following the outcome of this debate closely.

Is the pulling of timing around 4k due to a faulty disa valve and old tune common among zhps? Like all of them? Like i said, I haven't noticed a hesitation, but I've also never driven another 330 that doesn't have the problem so just might not be aware it's there.

Fantastic discussion you guys.
    2004 Alpinweiss 330Ci ZHP 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by VA330CI View Post
    wait what? why so much? does that also include a VCG?
    Yeah, VCG and grommets plus a few probably-should-have-in-case-I-break-it parts.

Awesome discussion, gents! So where does this leave me with a 328i with a B30 intake manifold and DISA?
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Awesome discussion, gents! So where does this leave me with a 328i with a B30 intake manifold and DISA?
    "Special"

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I have a similar issue but my car only has 21k miles and it does it exactly at 4000 rpm. Mike Miller from Bimmer Mag told me its the DME update. The one and only dealer in Hawaii sucks!!! I'm waiting to remap the DME with the DINAN upgrade and hope that it'll solve the issue.

I wanted to provide an update for anyone looking to resolve the 3200 RPM hesitation which is typically attirubuted to the VANOS seals. I rebuilt my VANOS and replaced the oxygen sensors but still had the hesitation. A recent DME update completely resolved the probelm.

Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    i wanted to provide an update for anyone looking to resolve the 3200 rpm hesitation which is typically attirubuted to the vanos seals. I rebuilt my vanos and replaced the oxygen sensors but still had the hesitation. A recent dme update completely resolved the probelm.
    dme update at the dealer correct?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Hey guys, I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere; looked but didn't find.

What was your process/experience sending the DME (aside from Dane w/ Shark)?

Specifically, I'm interested in how much $$ damage and time I'll be without my ride.

Thanks in advance.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast