Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Anyone ever send a diff fluid sample to Blackstone?
    I've sent in three samples, the results are all posted at BobIsTheOilGuy -
    The first sample is the factory fill with 38,000 miles, the second was taken at the time I had the Quaife diff installed, the third is after 27,000 miles with the Quaife unit. I'll probably do another one when I reach about 110,000 miles.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...79#Post1748579

Quote Originally Posted by shanneba View Post
    The first sample is the factory fill with 38,000 miles, the second was taken at the time I had the Quaife diff installed, the third is after 27,000 miles with the Quaife unit. I'll probably do another one when I reach about 110,000 miles.

Good read. Thanks
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by shanneba View Post

Appreciate the info. Thanks.

Sent from my outdated Droid X
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I emailed Blackstone. They said my aluminum and lead levels, while higher than normal, were not super high, and could be a result of tracking the car and the longer oil change interval. Because higher RPMs would mean more wear per mile than low RPM driving. They were not familiar with the Total INEO Quartz MC3 oil so could not say if it has sodium additives, but said most Valvoline synthetic oils do use sodium additives (most Penzoil synthetics do not). The oil I used 2 changes ago was Valvoline SYNpower 5w-30, then Penzoil Platinum, then the Total Quartz (which got sent to Blackstone). Apparently enough sodium could have been leftover from the Valvoline to elevate the sodium level in the Total Quartz.

I'm sending them a virgin sample of the Total Quartz MC3 to see if it contains sodium, and what kinds of TBNs it has when fresh. Then change my oil at 5,000 or 6,000 miles as you suggested. If the sodium isn't coming from the Total oil or leftover from the SYNpower, that could only mean head gasket issues!
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    So....the miles on the oil sample was 8,473....they say that the Al and Pb (Piston and bearing wear), could be caused by extended use of oil from beyond 6k miles....yet he recommends running this sample for 9k miles?

Does.not.compute.

Bumpin the Blackstone thread. I got excellent news today.

Now that's what I'm talkin about! Nice findings there DW. Can't wait to get my kits and do see what comes back..It's like your car's report card!!

Edit: oops my bad this report is a tad bit old..but still good.

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrad View Post
    Now that's what I'm talkin about! Nice findings there DW. Can't wait to get my kits and do see what comes back..It's like your car's report card!!

Edit: oops my bad this report is a tad bit old..but still good.
    Kinda pissed it doesn't have mileage. This was done about 30k ago?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Kinda pissed it doesn't have mileage. This was done about 30k ago?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    The report notes 127,000 miles...Isn't that the mileage on the car at the time of sample??

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

The report notes 127,000 miles...Isn't that the mileage on the car at the time of sample??
    Got it. Missed it on phone. 23k miles old.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Got it. Missed it on phone. 23k miles old.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Got it. Dane, since your report yields positive results, when do you do a follow up test? Or do you?

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

Autozone.com
    Got it. Dane, since your report yields positive results, when do you do a follow up test? Or do you?
    Whenever... Really. Maybe I will do a 50K test.... At around 173k miles.

I'm still doing 7500 miles changes, so I think I'm good, and will check then.
    HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast