Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Amazon Link for ZHPMafia ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stablemate

Nice acquisition

Beautiful pick up, Todd. I'm jealous of your super clean e30.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Beautiful acquisition! What's slick top? No moon roof?

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Wow. Beautiful

-Sent via iPhone 4S

Quote Originally Posted by toddness View Post
    Well, since you asked There's a laundry list of things we'd like to do with it:

--Teach my daughter to drive.
    --All three of us would like to attend driving schools, perhaps leading to autoX or track style events.
    --I want something 'simple' to get my wrenching fix on, and be okay with modifying. This also allows me to refit my 2002 back to the original configuration and truly make her the garage queen.

Throughout this process I'd like to add the mods that are appropriate. Something is up with the exhaust, which will likely be first. Brakes and suspension will likely be next to be analyzed/redone. A flywheel/clutch swap and a chip are tempting, and if we go that far maybe an LSD swap. Of course other maintenance of other wear parts are going to creep in here which will have to be dealt with as they are identified.

Fortunately none of our BMW's are our daily drivers - unless we want them to be

This one is almost too pretty. Hopefully we can achieve this without ruining it. Though better to find out on this than on either of the other two.

The e30 318is already has a 4:10 LSD. The e30 325is and 318is were the last non-m cars to receive LSD's from the factory. The 325is has a lower ratio 3:73 if i remember correctly. Best cars ever made.

Unfortunately, the US 1991 318is only came equipped with LSD an an option. I knew this one was missing LSD before I bought the car. I have been unsuccessful finding one this in this condition with factory equipped LSD. It's unfortunate, but I can deal with it. With the intended use of the car I don't require LSD in the short term, if ever, though I will always have my eyes open.

1971 2002 - 1980 528i -
    1986 535is
    2002 M5 - 2006 330ci - 2006 X3 M-Sport 6MT
    Sort of gave my ZHP to my wife, which enabled me to buy an e39 M5. I won, twice.

this car looks familiar!

(you bought this car off my relative )

He was telling me about you and said the car is going to a good home!

I remember seeing this car the first night he got it.. Boy, this baby has come a LONG way.

He did a marvelous job of getting the car into this condition.

He mentioned you in our discussions - I knew I recognized your name from somewhere.
    Last edited by toddness; 05-29-2012 at 04:15 PM.

1971 2002 - 1980 528i -
    1986 535is
    2002 M5 - 2006 330ci - 2006 X3 M-Sport 6MT
    Sort of gave my ZHP to my wife, which enabled me to buy an e39 M5. I won, twice.

Quote Originally Posted by toddness View Post
    He did a marvelous job of getting the car into this condition.

He mentioned you in our discussions - I knew I recognized your name from somewhere.
    Haha, he told me you were a zhp nut and were on the mafia site!

I know he was very meticulous with his (old) car. As i recall, he spent two whole weeks buffing this car to perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by Hochspannung View Post
    The e30 318is already has a 4:10 LSD. The e30 325is and 318is were the last non-m cars to receive LSD's from the factory. The 325is has a lower ratio 3:73 if i remember correctly. Best cars ever made.
    3.73 in the manual 325i/is and 4.10 in the autos. LSD was also available as an option in the early E36s up to 95... mostly 93-94 325is.

Very nice E30! I wish you were closer. I have a 4.10 LSD from a wrecked 318is that I would sell to you very cheap. It's been sitting in my garage for years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast