Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You will have more fun in a boxster, trust me. Just entertain the idea of the two seater roadster. I used to drive them around all the time when I was working at the port. Super responsive and very firm .. granted they were new.. but try it out. I, personally wouldn't be caught driving one simply for the fact that they are pretty girly looking. A Cayman would do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse M View Post
    You will have more fun in a boxster, trust me. Just entertain the idea of the two seater roadster. I used to drive them around all the time when I was working at the port. Super responsive and very firm .. granted they were new.. but try it out. I, personally wouldn't be caught driving one simply for the fact that they are pretty girly looking. A Cayman would do it for me.
    That's the only thing. I don't really care about the fact that just about everybody craps on it being an "entry-level Porsche" or that it's "the cheapest one," but the looks really get me. I don't like verts much but if the right one does come along, I'd be willing to invest in some aesthetic mods.

An '03 S model at 60,000 miles is going for around $15,000 in the area. Probably sold already since it's been a while but there are a lot of new listings every week in SoCal.

I honestly don't see the point unless you're willing to really invest $30k or more TBH. A 10 yr old Porsche boxer isn't the same as like a vintage 911 or something along those lines.

If you want $15k bang for your buck I think there are other places to look. You're on the cusp of higher mileage e46 m3s there.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

JKO_ZHP- My dad has had an '02 Boxster S 6M since 2004, and he really enjoys the car for the superb handling, connection with the road, great engine sound, and wraparound cockpit feel. He is 5'8", and it fits him well (as he is used to airplane cockpits from years gone by). I think that the car is (as others have said) more connected to the road. For true "balls out" driving, I enjoy the Boxster over the ZHP. If you are looking for a vehicle for longer "touring" style driving, I think that the ZHP fits the bill better. However, you cannot beat the top-down driving of a roadster when the weather cooperates. We've heard the "entry-level" argument for the Boxster as well, but couldn't the same be said for the 3-Series? Incidentally, he may be moving and possibly looking to sell his Boxster in the near future. I realize I am on the wrong coast, but let me know if Speed Yellow over black interior w/ black top is at all of interest to you.

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    JKO_ZHP- My dad has had an '02 Boxster S 6M since 2004, and he really enjoys the car for the superb handling, connection with the road, great engine sound, and wraparound cockpit feel. He is 5'8", and it fits him well (as he is used to airplane cockpits from years gone by). I think that the car is (as others have said) more connected to the road. For true "balls out" driving, I enjoy the Boxster over the ZHP. If you are looking for a vehicle for longer "touring" style driving, I think that the ZHP fits the bill better. However, you cannot beat the top-down driving of a roadster when the weather cooperates. We've heard the "entry-level" argument for the Boxster as well, but couldn't the same be said for the 3-Series? Incidentally, he may be moving and possibly looking to sell his Boxster in the near future. I realize I am on the wrong coast, but let me know if Speed Yellow over black interior w/ black top is at all of interest to you.
    This is the nicest, most subtle, most intelligent thread jack ever...hehe.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Should've posted a photo for you above! Also, mileage is around 52,000-53,000 I believe.

Name:  Dcp_1700.2.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  1.26 MB

My neighbor had an early Bosxter, late 90's I think. He was borrowing my pickup one day and I had to take my son to a soccer game an hour away. The Boxster was an entirely well wrapped car but what I didn't like was the engine right behind me whining as I ran it up through the gears. Maybe some like that but we couldn't carry on a decent conversation if I was above 3K rpms.

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    This is the nicest, most subtle, most intelligent thread jack ever...hehe.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    LOL, thanks DW! Brettski was a'tryin', but just like my other work - no point in selling someone the wrong product for their needs, so it depends on what he is really after. The Boxster is fun, but the ZHP is a fun driver too, as everyone here already knows.

Any car in good shape will look good. Doesn't matter what year or generation it is. An early model boxster will still look great if it was taken care of.

I actually had a Porsche before my mini. Granted, it was a 944. But it was the most reliable car I've owned.(discounting the zhp as its too early) problems it had?
    waterpump went right when we bought it, a leaky head gasket, and a bushing that needed lubrication. This is an old 80's porsche that was purchased in 2007 and owned for 2 years by a 17-19 year old kid. it was pretty damn reliable considering the circumstances, if ya know what i mean

It was an immaculate purchase though. 68k miles when it was bought.

Porsches are very reliable cars is what I'm saying.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

15k bang for the buck that yeilds the same amount (if not more) fun, and much more reliable would put me in an S2K or a Z. Brother picked up a track/6spd/brembos for 17k w/tax that had 55k miles. And my very good friend has a White on red s2k that I want to just drool on every time I see it.

And they look 10x better than any entry level Porsche boxster I've ever seen.. IMO --

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast