Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Have you guys been just making them as tight as possible or actually going with the specs ?

UUCs specs are wrong. Go with the OEM specs from the Bentley.

From a GS3, this was sent.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Torque specs from the Bimmertools guide shows 15.5 Ft/lb for both the crossmember to body and trans to rubber mount.

This weekend I decided to try the black version of the uuc trans mounts with the enforcer cups. Much less noise and vibration however imo still too much for a bone stock daily driver. So I removed them and put the OEM mounts back in.

Btw this time I torqued them to factory specs.

Any other options out there that are an improvement over stock but also don't provide extra vibration and noise ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    This weekend I decided to try the black version of the uuc trans mounts with the enforcer cups. Much less noise and vibration however imo still too much for a bone stock daily driver. So I removed them and put the OEM mounts back in.

Any other options out there that are an improvement over stock but also don't provide extra vibration and noise ?
    What are you trying to achieve and why is oem not good enough?

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

The OEM trans mounts are way to squishy even though they are brand new.

Basically trying to achieve the nice crisp feeling from the shifter that you get with the poly mounts without any added noise or vibrations.

Are the rogue mounts rubber or poly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post

You have to sacrafice a little NVH for performance. Don't see the point in your complaining. You haven't driven on any mount long enough to break them in. Hope you know what you're doing.

From a GS3, this was sent.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

A little nvh is one thing. But when you feel it through the seat especially at 2000rpm, IMO that's a bit too much.

Any poly is not going to become softer. And will be harder during the colder climates.

Autozone.com
    Try the E46 M3 transmission mounts. They're significantly stiffer than the mounts found on all other BMWs, but still rubber so they'll have some degree of isolation.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910