Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    My guess would be to minimize the chance they're carrying around a shrapnel-flinging airbag?
    As far as I know the design of the airbags have not changed and they are still using this dangerous propellent. In fact news articles specifically pointed this out. What is ensuring the new airbags will not be suseptible to the same issue in a few years time?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    As far as I know the design of the airbags have not changed and they are still using this dangerous propellent. In fact news articles specifically pointed this out. What is ensuring the new airbags will not be suseptible to the same issue in a few years time?
    Good to know. Why don't they use a different propellant? Or am I expecting too much of a recall...

Interesting. So then no recall outside of Production year 2002 and FL, HI?
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Hah, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFinanceGuy View Post
    Interesting. So then no recall outside of Production year 2002 and FL, HI?
    I think they're addressing these "high risk" cars with an interim solution while they're working on making parts available for the overall recall.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JFern View Post
    I think they're addressing these "high risk" cars with an interim solution while they're working on making parts available for the overall recall.

That would make more sense to me. I can read the bulletin both ways.
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Quote Originally Posted by JFern View Post

that's how I read it.....

Kind of confirms my earlier concerns about the new modules having the same issue as the old one. Everyone who rushed to have theirs done is going to need to have it done again once the "improved" part is made.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

I think the interim solution BMW is talking about is in regards to the Driver's side airbag... not the passenger's side. I know the passenger's side airbags on both my BMWs were done in accordance with the official recall notice so those were with the "improved" parts but only time will tell....

Based on the notice I posted for everyone, I don't think BMW has the parts necessary to do the official recall notice in regards to the Driver's side air bag recall so they are doing the interim (meaning they will use existing inventory) to replace airbags for cars in Florida and Hawaii only, then when parts are made available for the official Driver's side airbag recall (whenever that will be), all cars (including Florida and Hawaii) will be called in to have their airbags replaced....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast