Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    ^this

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Guys, got a differential oil question. Car 68,000. I changed the gear oil last weekend, using about 1/2 Redline 75/90 and the rest was 80/90 Valvoline. I t seemed the oil drained did not look that dark. Drained it again today to go with all Redline 75/90. The oil was noticeably dark after just about 200 miles. I saved a sample to send to Blackstone, but curious if this is normal? It also seemed to need a bit more than a qt, but obviously some gets wasted in the transfer pump.

thanks Ed

Welcome to the site Ed!!! I drive up to Ch-Town at least once a month with my ZHP so I'll wave or high-beam ya if I see you in your IR...huge metro area but you'll never know!

Wish I can help you with your diff oil question, going to exchange mine out next month.

2005 MysticBlau Metallic / Premium Package II / BMW Performance Gloss Black Grills / DEPO L.E.D. Smoked Lighting Package / European Aspherical Side Mirrors / Blitzsafe XM Satellite Radio w/AUX Bluetooth Audio Input / Valentine One Hardwired w/Custom Concealed Display / Homelink Control / OEM Rear Passenger Sunshades / Powdercoated Chrome Shadowed Style 135Ms

Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    Guys, got a differential oil question. Car 68,000. I changed the gear oil last weekend, using about 1/2 Redline 75/90 and the rest was 80/90 Valvoline. I t seemed the oil drained did not look that dark. Drained it again today to go with all Redline 75/90. The oil was noticeably dark after just about 200 miles. I saved a sample to send to Blackstone, but curious if this is normal? It also seemed to need a bit more than a qt, but obviously some gets wasted in the transfer pump.

thanks Ed
    No idea, but mine was pretty dark by 50k miles. Someone else that knows more can weigh in.

IKe, what is the Homelink control you have listed? Is it add on? That is one feature I miss form my other car. I'll check the diff fluid after another week of driving.

IKe, what is the Homelink control you have listed? Is it add on? That is one feature I miss form my other car. I'll check the diff fluid after another week of driving.
    Do a search on Homelink on here, several DYIs on how to do it. Great mod for around $30....

Frank W.

Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic

plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years

Or if you don't have auto-dim in your rearview mirror you can buy an E90 mirror that has homelink, auto-dim, and a compass and swap that out. I did it for around $160 total and really like it.

This forum is paying off!. Read the write up and found a nice Homelink on Ebay. Should get it this week. Need to research what the phone mike is for, can't imagine BMW still had a phone in 2004 and hoping it is for Blutooth
    Last edited by Edo; 03-14-2016 at 05:29 PM.

This forum is paying off!. So the write up and found a nice Homelink on Ebay. Should get it this week. Need to research what the phone mike is for, can't imagine BMW still had a phone in 2004 and hoping it is for Blutooth
    That's awesome Ed, glad you saw my signature spec list that I just uploaded yesterday!!! The mic is indeed for the Bluetooth option but as a pre-install along with the Bluetooth steering wheel buttons on most US-Spec E46s.

2005 MysticBlau Metallic / Premium Package II / BMW Performance Gloss Black Grills / DEPO L.E.D. Smoked Lighting Package / European Aspherical Side Mirrors / Blitzsafe XM Satellite Radio w/AUX Bluetooth Audio Input / Valentine One Hardwired w/Custom Concealed Display / Homelink Control / OEM Rear Passenger Sunshades / Powdercoated Chrome Shadowed Style 135Ms

Home link arrived and installed today. Programming was more time consuming than install. Diff oil appears to be yellow again after a week of driving. Not sure what was up with it previously. Perhaps it was old oil that was open to atmosphere.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast