Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Here is the Oak Green Metallic... Side note, this is almost the exact look I'm going for on my SC... RSR style Fuchs wheels, Ducktail, Euro headlight swap... Initially I wanted to go Fiber Glass RS style smooth bumpers, but now I'm thinking I may keep the impact bumpers (replace all the rubbers, as well as swap those nasty, fat US impact bumpers on the back to the slim Euro style).

Name:  0.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  56.4 KB

Name:  porsche-964-3-6-turbo-in-lhd.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  132.7 KB

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

That's going to look fantastic. The impact bumpers have really grown on me since I've purchased my car. I have the fiberglass IROC bumpers but can really appreciate a clean impact bumper car. There are some threads on Pelican about subtly tucking the bumpers in a bit that really cleans up the look. You might want to check it out! Also consider installing the front bumper/hood gasket from a 964. You can search for "964 bumper smile" for more information. It's much slimmer and more clean looking than the 2.7/SC/Carerra gasket.

I can't wait to paint mine but I know it will cost 5k+ for a really good job so it will have to wait for now. The green is a great choice.

One of the issues with all of these 911s is the increasing value.

Values for unrestored, clean pre-1973 cars have gone Ferrari-crazy; and the values for solid non-numbers-matching but well-restored cars have also skyrocketed. For me, it would not have made sense to have a $5K paint job done; to get the most bang-for-my buck I would have to have done a $20K body resto, which would have likely added more than that to the current value and even more to the future if trends continue (note that I had VERY little rust for an early car, but it's always there somewhere in the pre-galvanized machines). That was a big factor in my decision to pass it along to the next caretaker.

Although SCs haven't hit this point yet, it is conceivable that they could become "investment grade" in the next few years, in which case you may be kicking yourself about taking the economical way out on any repair/resto. Just a thought.
    orange260z

2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe PDK/Sport Chrono Plus - Porsche Racing Green / Sand Beige Full Leather
    1999 Miata - Brilliant Black/Tan Leather

Quote Originally Posted by orange260z View Post
    One of the issues with all of these 911s is the increasing value.

Values for unrestored, clean pre-1973 cars have gone Ferrari-crazy; and the values for solid non-numbers-matching but well-restored cars have also skyrocketed. For me, it would not have made sense to have a $5K paint job done; to get the most bang-for-my buck I would have to have done a $20K body resto, which would have likely added more than that to the current value and even more to the future if trends continue (note that I had VERY little rust for an early car, but it's always there somewhere in the pre-galvanized machines). That was a big factor in my decision to pass it along to the next caretaker.

Although SCs haven't hit this point yet, it is conceivable that they could become "investment grade" in the next few years, in which case you may be kicking yourself about taking the economical way out on any repair/resto. Just a thought.
    One hundred percent agreed!

This is the driving force with my 951. I want to mod the shit out of it, but since the values of these with low miles are skyrocketing. Currently these cars are worth 30k in Excellent condition. And the Air Cooled 911s are always going to increase.

But it's your car and you should do with it what you want!
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789