Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Sorry if I'm missing something but why can't you go to the NC DMV and pick up the temp tags when you get the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Sorry if I'm missing something but why can't you go to the NC DMV and pick up the temp tags when you get the car?

Well depending on the DMV - who wants to stand or sit in line for 1-4 hours?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post

Don't know about NC, but here in AL you can drive a car 20 days after purchase without having gotten a tag for it. There are no temp tags in AL. All you need is the salespaperwork........

Frank W.

Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic

plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Well depending on the DMV - who wants to stand or sit in line for 1-4 hours?
    I mean I get that but if I'm driving a new to me car through multiple states in a day I would make sure I have all the relevant paperwork so that I don't get into trouble with the cops. I'm sure most of us wouldn't take a chance but if I need to go to the DMV and wait in line for a couple of hours then that's what I would do. For me the stress of most likely not having the right paperwork while driving would be more than the stress of waiting in line at the DMV

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by fw_fw View Post
    Don't know about NC, but here in AL you can drive a car 20 days after purchase without having gotten a tag for it. There are no temp tags in AL. All you need is the salespaperwork........
    I heard something similar for Michigan but I think it's a couple of days instead of the 20 days...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyd330 View Post
    That is what a cop told me in Florida. Not sure how other states view it. There are some laws around using plates from another car that could get you into trouble.
    I actually spoke with the seller and he's letting me use his tags so feel better about that.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    I actually spoke with the seller and he's letting me use his tags so feel better about that.
    It's extremely nice of him to do that for you. We may be a "family" here, but I would only do that for an actual family member. Not being a jerk - just world-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    It's extremely nice of him to do that for you. We may be a "family" here, but I would only do that for an actual family member. Not being a jerk - just world-wise.
    Yep. I guess he trust you to mail them back. Temp trip permit would be my preference.

NY Ranger did you find a place to stay in VA/DC/MD?

Temp / trip permit would mean i have to go to the dmv so it'd take too long. It's either his plates or mine from another car.

We're staying in Baltimore fri night. Hotel is booked and ready to go.

Flying down to NC to get my zhp on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    Temp / trip permit would mean i have to go to the dmv so it'd take too long. It's either his plates or mine from another car.

We're staying in Baltimore fri night. Hotel is booked and ready to go.

Ok. VA let's you pay online and print it...

Wave as you go by I-95 Exit 140 in VA!

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast