Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Getting after it...nice progress! Should be a very nice difference for the next track event
    RD Sport Tornado Aero Kit|RD Sport Sway Bars|Bilstein PSS9|OE M3 Strut Bar|Bimmerbrakes Gen3 Headers (Swain Sprayed)|Supersprint x-pipe, section 2 resonator & muffler|Dinan Stage II Tune|Dinan LT Intake|Dinan TB|UUC UD Pulleys|E60 SSK

Nice to you see your car getting a lot of love. Especially one that was destined for the boneyard.
    Should be pretty damn solid after all the upgrades
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by ///Mvious View Post
    Getting after it...nice progress! Should be a very nice difference for the next track event
    Yes, lots of work needed to make her perfect! Just trying to knock a few things out at a time.
    Next track event can't come soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Nice to you see your car getting a lot of love. Especially one that was destined for the boneyard.
    Should be pretty damn solid after all the upgrades
    Thank you! This car is a keeper. Every time we do something we find so much more that needs work. It's going to be a never ending list I think.

The back end is out!!

The first bushing we removed was in bad shape.
    Photos below are the rear diff bushing. All others are looking the same. At least the replacement polly bushings will hold up better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lorna.

While we have everything out of the car we are going to add some welds to the Rear Trailing Arm pocket.
    This bad accident (video link below) happened at VIR last weekend due to a serious failure. I was spotting at that turn when the accident happened and know the driver, thankfully he walked away with no serious injuries.
    Granted the car is a fully built race car that has taken a beating for a few years.. but it's enough to make me want to do a little something for peace of mind.

E46 Rear Trailing Arm Pocket Failure
    Lorna.

Wow, is that the subframe/racp completely getting ripped off?

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

That's typical for that bushing. Every rear diff bushing I've seen has been cracked. Not a very good design the way it twists on several different planes
    The poly should take some of the slop out of the drivetrain when your shifting hard
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBug View Post
    Holy shit.

Any cracks visible?

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBug View Post
    While we have everything out of the car we are going to add some welds to the Rear Trailing Arm pocket.
    This bad accident (video link below) happened at VIR last weekend due to a serious failure. I was spotting at that turn when the accident happened and know the driver, thankfully he walked away with no serious injuries.
    Granted the car is a fully built race car that has taken a beating for a few years.. but it's enough to make me want to do a little something for peace of mind.

E46 Rear Trailing Arm Pocket Failure
    well that was unexpected.. how scary is that.. on the flipside, its good to see how well that cage protected the driver. didnt even flex or flinch.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Wow, is that the subframe/racp completely getting ripped off?

The rcap ripped out.
    These photos are from the race car in the video:

Lorna.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast