Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WTB: ZHP Sedan Mystic Blue 6sp

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Year(s):2003-2005
    Budget: $5k-$15k
    Desired location of vehicle:West Coast but open to nationwide for the right car
    Desired Mileage:<200k
    Transmission type: manual
    Desired number of Doors: 4
    Desired Color combos: Mystic Blue exterior, NOT gray interior
    Desired Packages: ZHP...
    Funds lined up? yes
    Have a car you need to sell first? no

Going for a long shot of a mystic blue ZHP to match my mystic blue touring. Not pining for garage queen investment condition, but please no rust. Prefer stock-ish. Clean title strongly desired, as is no or minor accidents. Not against project cars from a mechanical perspective.

Previous E46s besides the current touring (325iT 5sp w/sport pkg): Topaz Blue M3 coupe 6sp, and Black Euro 330iT 6sp w/m sport package. But never a ZHP! The time has come...
    '04 ZHP | '04 325iT | '20 M2C | '18 Tesla M3P | '84 Zender 318i

Name:  809322EF-1278-47AA-BDCB-DC0117A9A64D.jpeg
Views: 308
Size:  282.2 KBMission accomplished!

Congrats on the car! Looks amazing!

Not every day you see two Mystic Blue BMWs in the same garage with one being a touring . . . well done!

2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thanks for the comments. It’s a great chassis, and the difference between these two cars highlight their respective strengths, at least to me.

Also, a tip of the hat to this forum, glad it still survives…

Quote Originally Posted by Kappybmw View Post
    Thanks for the comments. It’s a great chassis, and the difference between these two cars highlight their respective strengths, at least to me.

Also, a tip of the hat to this forum, glad it still survives…
    I would enjoy hearing your perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I would enjoy hearing your perspective!
    Here goes...

When I bought the wagon, I though initially about ZHP-ifying it, including the powertrain. However, after driving a bit, I realized how much I liked an E46 that was practical AND comfortable, all the time. It's not fast, but it's ok and still has a silky smooth straight 6. Plus, leaving it stock meant all the parts would be cheaper, and I could be assured any future resale wouldn't be negatively impacted by mods. So I made the call to leave it stock, and just start refreshing it to keep it reliable. And once you know it's not trying to be something else, it can be quite enjoyable as it is (well, so long as everything rubber is replaced). I mean, it's a rwd manual wagon, and I may even throw a tow hitch on there. What's not to love?

Having owned an E46 M3, I'm familiar with that version of the chassis. So I could have pursued that, but I didn't actually want another M3, as I found it to be not super relaxing to enjoyably drive regularly. Basically, it sounds and feels great with some tasteful mods, but ultimately, it can be a bit taxing day in and day out, including the wear and tear on it. So that brings me to the ZHP. Here is an excellent daily driver, that is a blast to drive, even if not super fast by modern standards. It handles incredibly well, feels well put together, and always ready to throw into a corner. Yet it's not a $30k+ investment like an M3 (well, at least not yet...), so it's more approachable as a fun daily, and easier to maintain than an M3. And I don't feel bad putting miles on it, or lending it to friends/family. And each time I get out of the wagon and into the ZHP, it feels plenty powerful. Although some more induction/exhaust noise might be nice...

That's my $0.02.

So that brings me to the ZHP. Here is an excellent daily driver, that is a blast to drive, even if not super fast by modern standards. It handles incredibly well, feels well put together, and always ready to throw into a corner. Yet it's not a $30k+ investment like an M3 (well, at least not yet...), so it's more approachable as a fun daily, and easier to maintain than an M3. And I don't feel bad putting miles on it...
    Well said, how I feel which is why I got my second ZHP again...

Although some more induction/exhaust noise might be nice...
    The Gruppe M CAI sounds amazing and with the UUC Corsa TSE3 exhaust is the perfect match for the ZHP in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    The Gruppe M CAI sounds amazing and with the UUC Corsa TSE3 exhaust is the perfect match for the ZHP in my opinion.
    I've heard great things on that CAI, but is that the cat back or axle back on the TSE3? Asking for a friend (in case my wife sees this).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast