Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 100 of 126 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1251
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeckel View Post
    +1 real manual transmission is where it's at, it's the way driving is meant to be
    I agree with this. Just alot of people go with smg because they are cheaper in the used market.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    SMG failure rate is highly overrated. Mostly hyped by 6MT fanboys who only offer anectodal evidence including but not limited to:

"My buddy had an SMG and didn't like it."

"My Indy said they are problematic."

"I want total control of the car." (Lmao at this one)

"Only girls get SMG."

"I don't want a computer shifting for me." Aw, mad it does it twice as good and three times as fast?

Or any other variant where a person wants to make them self feel like more of a man because they drive a true manual.
    Dang man! If you want a SMG, I won't stop you, I just prefer 6MT over everything else. I strongly feel I get the best driving "experience" with driving MT. But if you want the SMG, that's great, I just hope you don't regret not waiting for a 6MT car if that's what you really want.

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Dang man! If you want a SMG, I won't stop you, I just prefer 6MT over everything else. I strongly feel I get the best driving "experience" with driving MT. But if you want the SMG, that's great, I just hope you don't regret not waiting for a 6MT car if that's what you really want.
    It's all the sameone is just electronically actuated. If it breaks, swap it with Manual parts. No biggie.

But I've been doing a shit load of reading on the Porsche 951 Turbo S and it's performance capability...now I really want one. 247hp/243tq, the best part is that the car weighs 2990 lbs.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    It's all the sameone is just electronically actuated. If it breaks, swap it with Manual parts. No biggie.

But I've been doing a shit load of reading on the Porsche 951 Turbo S and it's performance capability...now I really want one. 247hp/243tq, the best part is that the car weighs 2990 lbs.

Sent from my GS3.
    No offense, not my favorite Porsche, but my dad had a 944 turbo and said I quote "that little bastard was pretty fast". This coming from a guy that's owned the who's who of muscle cars. You name it, he's likely had it. That's good praise on an 80's looked down upon Porsche. Go for whatever you prefer bud.

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

None taken. It's as 80s as it gets lol. No one really loved the 944s I don't get it, just because the engine was up front and had a radiator it got no respect from the Porsche crowd. Would love to own one again, but still waiting on numbers from insurance.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

None taken. It's as 80s as it gets lol. No one really loved the 944s I don't get it, just because the engine was up front and had a radiator it got no respect from the Porsche crowd. Would love to own one again, but still waiting on numbers from insurance.

Sent from my GS3.
    I wouldn't do anything til the finances are figured out, and would wait a little after that, take your time and make the right choice.

My 7 year itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    SMG failure rate is highly overrated. Mostly hyped by 6MT fanboys who only offer anectodal evidence including but not limited to:

"My buddy had an SMG and didn't like it."

"My Indy said they are problematic."

"I want total control of the car." (Lmao at this one)

"Only girls get SMG."

"I don't want a computer shifting for me." Aw, mad it does it twice as good and three times as fast?

Or any other variant where a person wants to make them self feel like more of a man because they drive a true manual.
    Being a true man who drives manual, I would never consider SMG. Firstly, I don't need a computer to do things for me. I regularly check e-mail with my own brain by tapping into the matrix like Neo himself. Secondly, I want to have total, pure control of the car, though park assist would be epic. Thirdly, complicated parts mean complicated fixes; I'd rather worry myself with simple fixes like welding the subframe, reconfiguring the cooling system, and adjusting valves with my eyes closed every 7 miles. Fourthly, all of my friends who use the internet say SMG is terrible, and I believe everything my friends say they read on the internet.

In sum, no SMG for me.

Joking aside -- I've never driven it. How's the experience?
    - Marc

I wouldn't do anything til the finances are figured out, and would wait a little after that, take your time and make the right choice.
    Yeah got a week and a half of vacation coming up. Going to let it all sink in and make an educated decision.

My thoughts are this: buy back ZHP and part it out. Pay off my loan with the CU with the funds from the pay out. That will put me in good standing with them. Apply for a new auto loan. Possibly a CPO'd BMW or similar. Or if I find a car for a better deal, take another personal loan out.

Both financing options will provide an extremely low interest rate. Best part is, my ZHP will still be around and making some cash from the part out. When it's fixed it will be a track car, eventually making my way into the Spec racing series.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

Lol, Marc, I thought you would have driven at least one SMG BMW! When I test the one I'm looking at I will report back.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

Yeah got a week and a half of vacation coming up. Going to let it all sink in and make an educated decision.

My thoughts are this: buy back ZHP and part it out. Pay off my loan with the CU with the funds from the pay out. That will put me in good standing with them. Apply for a new auto loan. Possibly a CPO'd BMW or similar. Or if I find a car for a better deal, take another personal loan out.

Both financing options will provide an extremely low interest rate. Best part is, my ZHP will still be around and making some cash from the part out. When it's fixed it will be a track car, eventually making my way into the Spec racing series.

Sent from my GS3.
    You got it figured out. I like your thinking with your zhp

My 7 year itch.

Page 100 of 126 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast