PDA

View Full Version : What did you do for your ZHP/BMW today?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

danewilson77
08-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Yup. ME works wonders....err...magic.

nike001
08-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Just got a free bottle of Silver Grey touch up and a wet sand and buff of a scratch I got last week. Woo!

Window regulator appointment tomorrow.. I don't have the time to DIY it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JupiterBMW
08-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Ohh, awesome ZHP day for me today!!! So first things first, I got my maps DVD in the mail today. I paid $30 shipped from eBay for a 2012 Maps disc. Awesome I thought, hoping it works... Well, it does! Check my before and after pics. I drove around a bit and then swapped discs with the car pulled over. What a difference! The first set of shots is in my neighborhood, which wasn't even completely mapped in my 2002 disc apparently... The second set of shots shows a whole neighborhood that didn't even exist in 2002! Pretty cool. I'm happy... :)

derbo
08-14-2012, 09:25 PM
That's awesome! Roads change like 3% annually let alone 10 years!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JupiterBMW
08-15-2012, 03:22 AM
Ooooh, even better news this morning. I got an email from UPS that a package has shipped. I figured it was my new iPhone screen. On second look, I see the package weighs 8 lbs... WTF? I thought... Then I notice that the package is from Turner Motorsport... Oh shiz, my RCR tails finally shipped! :biggrin Of course, I forgot to ask them to include the stealth bulbs... Dammit! Calling Andy this morning. :)

Crestwood1001
08-15-2012, 05:06 AM
Another package from ecs shows up today ;)

elric
08-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Ooooh, even better news this morning. I got an email from UPS that a package has shipped. I figured it was my new iPhone screen. On second look, I see the package weighs 8 lbs... WTF? I thought... Then I notice that the package is from Turner Motorsport... Oh shiz, my RCR tails finally shipped! :biggrin Of course, I forgot to ask them to include the stealth bulbs... Dammit! Calling Andy this morning. :)

The RCR tails will look really good with the Alpine.

cakM3
08-15-2012, 07:36 AM
RCRs going to look really nice on your ZHP Jon! :thumbsup

JupiterBMW
08-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Thanks guy, I can't wait.

Crestwood1001
08-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Little upgrades today. My ecs box came with a brand new license plate frame, the PO had used the wrong size screws to hold on the plate so the holes were all stripped out and only two held (with two big bolts I had to dig up that would go in).
New next to old....
I also bought four of the correct size screws. So now my plate is attached properly.
Other thing in the box was the BMW Velcro oil bag and a quart of oil. I'm sick of having a quart of oil sliding around in the trunk so for 5$ it's worth it for a nice bag that came with some paper funnels, gloves and hand wipes.
Sits nicely above the battery and sticks to the fabric, I had to hold the fabric to pull it off, strong Velcro!
Friday my angle eyes, interior led's and black carbon fiber steering wheel roundel come!

Ryans323i
08-15-2012, 11:29 AM
^Looks great!

webster
08-15-2012, 11:35 AM
bought this today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180952454494?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

OEM Alpine Sirius Satellite Receiver w/ Antenna. I have been missing my satellite subscription since I bought the car a year ago. I want to maintain all functionality thru the stereo and steering wheel, and this seemed like a good price for the unit.

Crestwood1001
08-15-2012, 12:04 PM
^Looks great!

Thank you sir! Sometimes its the little things lol

Ryans323i
08-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Ma'am. lol

Crestwood1001
08-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Ma'am. lol

Lmfao! My bad not paying attention today :)
On a side note, who can tell me what that little green tab is near the taillight on the passenger side of the trunk?

Hornung418
08-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Gas tank emergency open.

Horney...via TT.

Johal E32
08-15-2012, 12:26 PM
not sure where to post this.. But.. :(

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3201749462.html

It's kind of sad to see this, I'm not even sure if it's a real zhp, it lacks the wheels, bumpers, facelift stuff, and window trim.

Hornung418
08-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Ugh...that's not even worth sharing.

Horney...via TT.

Crestwood1001
08-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Gas tank emergency open.

Horney...via TT.

My spring thing does not work, I have to push on the hinged side to crack the other side enough to open it.

danewilson77
08-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Little upgrades today. My ecs box came with a brand new license plate frame, the PO had used the wrong size screws to hold on the plate so the holes were all stripped out and only two held (with two big bolts I had to dig up that would go in).
New next to old....
I also bought four of the correct size screws. So now my plate is attached properly.
Other thing in the box was the BMW Velcro oil bag and a quart of oil. I'm sick of having a quart of oil sliding around in the trunk so for 5$ it's worth it for a nice bag that came with some paper funnels, gloves and hand wipes.
Sits nicely above the battery and sticks to the fabric, I had to hold the fabric to pull it off, strong Velcro!
Friday my angle eyes, interior led's and black carbon fiber steering wheel roundel come!

Nice job. Love the plate holder refurb.

It escapes me why people carry a quart of oil in the car, vice at home. When would one need 1 quart on the road? Other than a very long trip where oil wasn't checked prior to leaving.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

Crestwood1001
08-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Nice job. Love the plate holder refurb.

It escapes me why people carry a quart of oil in the car, vice at home. When would one need 1 quart on the road? Other than a very long trip where oil wasn't checked prior to leaving.

Well I had that vcg leak so now I'm paranoid, I bought 10 quarts of oil and only needed 7.5 to get it perfect after I changed it, so with an extra in the garage and one in the car I'm happy, and I think that's a classy way to carry it. Better safe then sorry I guess

midlandtech
08-15-2012, 03:32 PM
not sure where to post this.. But.. :(

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3201749462.html

It's kind of sad to see this, I'm not even sure if it's a real zhp, it lacks the wheels, bumpers, facelift stuff, and window trim.

Looks fake to me... I wouldn't give 1000 for that turd

~Steve

nike001
08-15-2012, 03:37 PM
New window regulator & mounted rear michelin pilot sport II's

danewilson77
08-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Well I had that vcg leak so now I'm paranoid, I bought 10 quarts of oil and only needed 7.5 to get it perfect after I changed it, so with an extra in the garage and one in the car I'm happy, and I think that's a classy way to carry it. Better safe then sorry I guess

It no longer escapes me. Sounds good.

JupiterBMW
08-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Well, my car is quite the garage queen as some of you may have noticed... I haven't driven her in a few days, and the wife was out with the girls tonight, so I just felt like going for a drive. I did just that. Had a little quality time with the car. It was sunset time, cool enough to open the sunroof and windows, and just enjoy the evening. No money spent, didn't go fast, just enjoyed owning the car.

A few pics were taken, in the alpine white photo thread. :)

danewilson77
08-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Well, my car is quite the garage queen as some of you may have noticed... I haven't driven her in a few days, and the wife was out with the girls tonight, so I just felt like going for a drive. I did just that. Had a little quality time with the car. It was sunset time, cool enough to open the sunroof and windows, and just enjoy the evening. No money spent, didn't go fast, just enjoyed owning the car.

A few pics were taken, in the alpine white photo thread. :)

Perfection. Bliss in fact.

Hermes
08-15-2012, 10:22 PM
after taking the old lady out for a spin today I think the diff might be having issues. Looks like its time to start looking for an E21 LSD.

in the meantime I'm attempting to win an auction for one of these bad boys:
http://www.thelolaregistry.com/DIY/Weber%20Pics/1580.jpg

Hornung418
08-15-2012, 10:39 PM
38/30 Dual Weber sidedraft?? Looks like sexy time with you and your old lady ;)

Hermes
08-15-2012, 11:05 PM
32/36... and we have a winner

UdubBadger
08-16-2012, 05:48 AM
Ok so I'm pretty sure my tie rods are going (or something down there) I'm getting vibration in my steering wheel when I drive, especially at hwy speeds. If I'm going to have to refresh my suspension what all should I consider doing? I know Eli had put in the powerflex FCABs but thats all I remember.

Things I should consider?
Control Arms? Aftermarket/OEM?
RTABs?
End Links? (I assume this is the same as Right/Left "stabilizers" or am I wrong?)
While I'm down there should I consider stiffer sway bars? It was a bitch on the E90's cuz you gotta drop the subframe. Anyone know how hard it is on E46?
Anything else I'm missing?

If I'm gonna do this, I wanna do it once and right.

M3TA5IN
08-16-2012, 06:20 AM
Ok so I'm pretty sure my tie rods are going (or something down there) I'm getting vibration in my steering wheel when I drive, especially at hwy speeds. If I'm going to have to refresh my suspension what all should I consider doing? I know Eli had put in the powerflex FCABs but thats all I remember.

Things I should consider?
Control Arms? Aftermarket/OEM?
RTABs?
End Links? (I assume this is the same as Right/Left "stabilizers" or am I wrong?)
While I'm down there should I consider stiffer sway bars? It was a bitch on the E90's cuz you gotta drop the subframe. Anyone know how hard it is on E46?
Anything else I'm missing?

If I'm gonna do this, I wanna do it once and right.

FYI. I just got done researching the crap out of FCABs for the M. I read a lot of really bad things on the power flex FCABs failing very fast.

I am going with treehouse racing housing/FCABs with delrin self lubercating bushings.

Disclaimer: I'm searching for track purpose and not street purpose. I did see a lot of street guys complain about power flex though too.

UdubBadger
08-16-2012, 06:21 AM
Ok well if I'm doing all that stuff anyway redoing FCAB's isn't too big a deal. Thanks for the heads up.

danewilson77
08-16-2012, 06:35 AM
Meyle HD FCABs

Meyle HD CABs

Lemfedor Endlinks.

OEM RTABS

Could change out Front Strut Bushing as well.

I am a little confused though......You were saying you thought tie rods were going but you wanna just change it all out. Preventative maintenance?

There's a lot more if that's the case, suspension wise.

UdubBadger
08-16-2012, 06:46 AM
yes sir... give me the list.

Crestwood1001
08-16-2012, 06:50 AM
I was just gonna post asking about suspension parts, looks like I timed it right!
Dane, few questions, on a rough road I get a thunk from the drivers side from wheel well when going over real rough ground. I'm think sway bar end links, but I'm uneducated in this.
Also I KNOW iv read what bushings need to be replaced when I occasionally get a slight jerk of the wheel when I press the brakes.
I'm saving up for a suspension refresh so I'm making a list now, planning on a sport cup kit, would like to do it right without spending a ton of money.

JupiterBMW
08-16-2012, 07:15 AM
I was just gonna post asking about suspension parts, looks like I timed it right!
Dane, few questions, on a rough road I get a thunk from the drivers side from wheel well when going over real rough ground. I'm think sway bar end links, but I'm uneducated in this.
Also I KNOW iv read what bushings need to be replaced when I occasionally get a slight jerk of the wheel when I press the brakes.
I'm saving up for a suspension refresh so I'm making a list now, planning on a sport cup kit, would like to do it right without spending a ton of money.

A thud sound when going over bumps could also be wheel bearings. Easiest way to check those is to jack up the car, and then grab the wheel at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions... Try to wobble it side to side. If you get a lot of play, wheel bearings are most likely shot...

webster
08-16-2012, 07:21 AM
i have the slightest vibration in the steering wheel at ~60mph, and a steady pull to the left at all speeds. just had alignment done. the shop said they noticed some "radial play" ie, tire wear, that could be causing the pull, but the tires don't even have 5k miles on them. hankook v12s. wondering if it's something else to do with the suspension, or maybe i need the "roadforce balancing" after my new wheels??

Crestwood1001
08-16-2012, 07:30 AM
A thud sound when going over bumps could also be wheel bearings. Easiest way to check those is to jack up the car, and then grab the wheel at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions... Try to wobble it side to side. If you get a lot of play, wheel bearings are most likely shot...

Good tip. I'll check it out, but I'm relatively sure they were recently replaced

nike001
08-16-2012, 07:40 AM
i have the slightest vibration in the steering wheel at ~60mph, and a steady pull to the left at all speeds. just had alignment done. the shop said they noticed some "radial play" ie, tire wear, that could be causing the pull, but the tires don't even have 5k miles on them. hankook v12s. wondering if it's something else to do with the suspension, or maybe i need the "roadforce balancing" after my new wheels??

I have the SAME THING with my hankook v12s. I had a tech sped almost 2.5hrs on the alignment rack at BMW and he couldn't figure it out and diagnosed it as tire pull. I don't have the vibration though.. Just always pulls to the left

webster
08-16-2012, 07:45 AM
that's interesting. they suggested swapping front tires to see if the pull would follow the tire, i might try that just to pinpoint if that is in fact the culprit.

M3TA5IN
08-16-2012, 07:50 AM
I have V12s and ver very slightly drift to the left, but also know I need an alignment.

UdubBadger
08-16-2012, 08:01 AM

Same thing and I know it's not my Conti's. I really think its suspension related.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

danewilson77
08-16-2012, 08:11 AM

Typically thud could be severally worn CAB's or endlinks. Wheel bearing would have to be FUBAR to make a "thud". Wheel bearing wear is typically characterized by a whooshing sound.....like a sandy bearing.

webster
08-16-2012, 08:35 AM
so after googling, it seems the Hankook V12s are notorious for tire pull to left. corroboration:

"Car pulling to left hard" http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717693

"Hankook V12 tire pull" http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61881

"car is pulling hard to left" http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/364717-is350-pulls-to-the-right-2.html#post6585129

"pulling hard to left" http://my.is/forums/f158/alignment-help-please-hankook-v12-tires-443732/

now, there you have lexus, BMW and Mitsu owners all saying the same thing. i'm thinking maybe it is tire wear after all...

Crestwood1001
08-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Typically thud could be severally worn CAB's or endlinks. Wheel bearing would have to be FUBAR to make a "thud". Wheel bearing wear is typically characterized by a whooshing sound.....like a sandy bearing.

Dane, might you be a gentleman and link me to some good diy's for both those parts? Many thanks

Gordo_GT
08-16-2012, 08:57 AM

My car pulls to whichever direction it feels like. Somedays it pulls to the left and other days to the right, and other days it drives perfectly straight. I blame tramlining as the alignment shop took a look at it 2x and they stated everything was good.

Edit: I don't have the Hancook's. I have the OEM Pilot Sports.

cakM3
08-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Today I picked up a new rain sensor plastic surround cover (for future project), a new GUIBO w/ bolts and nuts for the ZHP.

I'm planning to install the new GUIBO with bolts/nuts when I install my SSK at Chad's house...:thumbsup

Sockethead
08-16-2012, 11:30 AM
so after googling, it seems the Hankook V12s are notorious for tire pull to left. corroboration:

"Car pulling to left hard" http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717693

"Hankook V12 tire pull" http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61881

"car is pulling hard to left" http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/364717-is350-pulls-to-the-right-2.html#post6585129

"pulling hard to left" http://my.is/forums/f158/alignment-help-please-hankook-v12-tires-443732/

now, there you have lexus, BMW and Mitsu owners all saying the same thing. i'm thinking maybe it is tire wear after all...

My car pulls to whichever direction it feels like. Somedays it pulls to the left and other days to the right, and other days it drives perfectly straight. I blame tramlining as the alignment shop took a look at it 2x and they stated everything was good.

Edit: I don't have the Hancook's. I have the OEM Pilot Sports.

This is what I've noticed over the years...
I had two sets of Hankooks on my ZHP and Kpro had a set on her 325 we didn't have any issues other than when my tires started getting worn, I got some noise and tramlining. I did note that when I swapped them out that the front left inner tread was worn more than the right.
Also, since my tires are staggard setup and the Hankooks are a directional tire, the tires can't be rotated... that can kill one tire while the rest are ok...

When I put the Dunlops on my car, it tramlines like a mofo

When I had Bridgestones on it the front left tire started chopping. After I swapped out the shocks, it went away

I have noticed on high performance street tires, be it Bridgestone, Dunlop, Hankook or even the Michelins on the X5, they all seem to get noisy and tranline bad once the tread starts wearing out

Gordo_GT
08-16-2012, 06:50 PM
This is what I've noticed over the years...
I had two sets of Hankooks on my ZHP and Kpro had a set on her 325 we didn't have any issues other than when my tires started getting worn, I got some noise and tramlining. I did note that when I swapped them out that the front left inner tread was worn more than the right.
Also, since my tires are staggard setup and the Hankooks are a directional tire, the tires can't be rotated... that can kill one tire while the rest are ok...

When I put the Dunlops on my car, it tramlines like a mofo

When I had Bridgestones on it the front left tire started chopping. After I swapped out the shocks, it went away

I have noticed on high performance street tires, be it Bridgestone, Dunlop, Hankook or even the Michelins on the X5, they all seem to get noisy and tranline bad once the tread starts wearing out

Sounds right. I have a staggered set up and the tires can't be rotated. The inside of the front tires are wearing faster than the outside. I bought the car with 58k, I replaced the FCAB's and rear tires at 72k. I am at 79k now; so 21k+ miles on the front tires (car had them already when I bought them).

It is pretty bad on imperfect roads (almost all roads) to the point it feels like someone grabs the wheel and turns it. I'm cheap so I'm waiting for them to wear some more. They are noisy as hell between 25 and 45mph.

UdubBadger
08-16-2012, 07:29 PM
just jacked the car up, front drivers side was not moving anywhere with a 3/9 oclock push-pull or a 12/6 oclock for that matter. Passenger side I could push in and out a tiny bit though. I assume this is where my steering wheel play is coming from at high speeds?

Sound like a tie rod adjustment/replacement needed or is it most likely my CAB failing?

Sockethead
08-17-2012, 03:46 AM
To test FLCAB, roll along at 5 mph. Have someone looking at the front wheel. Slam on the brakes. If the wheel moves towards the back of the car when you hit the brakes, you need new bushings. FYI, the OEM bushings last about 40k.

danewilson77
08-17-2012, 04:11 AM
just jacked the car up, front drivers side was not moving anywhere with a 3/9 oclock push-pull or a 12/6 oclock for that matter. Passenger side I could push in and out a tiny bit though. I assume this is where my steering wheel play is coming from at high speeds?

Sound like a tie rod adjustment/replacement needed or is it most likely my CAB failing?

Did you look at CAB when moving tire?

Stu
08-17-2012, 05:13 AM
I've got my steering guibo and Meyle HDs, putting them on this weekend. Then getting an alignment the following week. :fistpump tight steering is gonna be back!

Crestwood1001
08-17-2012, 05:29 AM
I'm gonna be ordering CAB's and new sway bar endlinks, I'd put money on them never having been replaced.
Angle eyes and other good stuff comes today! Hoping to get it all installed before I have to work a DUI checkpoint 730-1am, love seeing the drunks whipping it around in people's driveways to get away from the check point.
Meeting up with Terra tomorrow morning so he can code my drl's off for me

UdubBadger
08-17-2012, 05:42 AM
Did you look at CAB when moving tire?

No cuz it was like 10pm when I checked.

Maybe I'll just replace FCABs (they are powerflex right now) and do a TMS end link/swaybar upgrade at the same time.

I just wanna make sure it's not the actual CA or tie rod that needs replacing.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

UdubBadger
08-17-2012, 05:44 AM

Just to clarify, the movement I felt was not right to left or vise versa, it was inward outward

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

Hornung418
08-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Seth that sounds like tie rod inner ball joint or CA inner ball joint. Would leave the FCABs alone til you confirm failure.

Horney...via TT.

Crestwood1001
08-17-2012, 06:02 AM
Guys what's the best source/brand for all these parts?

danewilson77
08-17-2012, 06:15 AM

Guys what's the best source/brand for all these parts?

Our affiliates are FCPeuro and AutohausAZ.

If they don't have what you're looking for....hit up ECSTuning or TMS.

Crestwood1001
08-17-2012, 06:30 AM
I'll check them out, only ever used bmaparts, ecs, and khoalty

UdubBadger
08-17-2012, 06:38 AM
Seth that sounds like tie rod inner ball joint or CA inner ball joint. Would heave the FCABs alone til you confirm failure.

Horney...via TT.

Thanks Justin I'll have my guy at iND check it out.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

UdubBadger
08-17-2012, 06:40 AM
I'll check them out, only ever used bmaparts, ecs, and khoalty

If u need struts springs coils or sways I can help you out. PM me on the Eurocharged acct.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

danewilson77
08-17-2012, 06:53 AM
The multi quote, above, is driving me batty....

Crestwood1001
08-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Teaser....... More to come

midlandtech
08-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Washed, clayed, waxed, back to black.... Now for a cigar and then tackle the interior

~Steve

Hornung418
08-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Just ordered some Shadowline Trim for my sedan. Hope it gets here before BFest East. Need to strip the black paint off the chrome and prepare it for wrapping. Probably going to debadge her too.

Crestwood1001
08-17-2012, 12:16 PM
My angel eyes came, interior led kit and steering wheel emblem, good day!
Now the only non-led bulb on my car are my tails (soon to change) headlights and side markers! Pics of AE's and interior lights to come once it's dark

static667
08-17-2012, 12:35 PM
My angel eyes came, interior led kit and steering wheel emblem, good day!
Now the only non-led bulb on my car are my tails (soon to change) headlights and side markers! Pics of AE's and interior lights to come once it's dark

Nice! I like the AEs I got from Khoalty. Those things are bright.

Sent via Tapatalk 2 on my hacked Fascinate.

danewilson77
08-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Teaser....... More to come

Skimmies tight.

cakM3
08-17-2012, 12:52 PM
I stopped by INSKIP BMW this afternoon in Warwick, RI to check on some X5s for a friend of mine and several sales reps went out to my ZHP to check it out and ask me questions about it...of course my ZHP enjoyed all the attention :thumbsup ;)

Even some of the customers were looking at the beauty of Imola...:drool

Crestwood1001
08-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Yea they are bright, fitment is almost spot on!

UdubBadger
08-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Skimmies tight.

:rofl

nike001
08-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Stalled her this morning.. first time in well over 6 months. Sister made fun of me.

Went to UPS to mail my faulty CBI bulb to MotiveMods for them to check it out (FTW) and after getting out of my car, some lady in a Pruis on her cell phone pointed back at my car. I then turned around to see my car just creepin away. By the time I got to it, I had one foot in it and was skipping to get balance to hop in. Good thing there were no other cars around! haha

I guess it must have slipped my mind to put the car in gear or to use at least the e-brake. Agh.. today just wasn't my/our day.

Crestwood1001
08-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Stalled her this morning.. first time in well over 6 months. Sister made fun of me.

Went to UPS to mail my faulty CBI bulb to MotiveMods for them to check it out (FTW) and after getting out of my car, some lady in a Pruis on her cell phone pointed back at my car. I then turned around to see my car just creepin away. By the time I got to it, I had one foot in it and was skipping to get balance to hop in. Good thing there were no other cars around! haha

I guess it must have slipped my mind to put the car in gear or to use at least the e-brake. Agh.. today just wasn't my/our day.

Wow! Good thing u caught it. I saw your step dad roll through the DUI check point, love the new car

Crestwood1001
08-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Angel eyes are BRIGHT at night, I had to squint walking up to it haha. This is the light just from them, about 15 feet behind my sisters Volvo, they are very nice

HokieZHP
08-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah I could drive off of my predator v2's if I needed. They are very bright

Crestwood1001
08-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Yea I ran a section of road for a few seconds with just them and was able to see, they are as bright as my fogs.
First day review is good, impressed with the fit and they are incredibly bright. Remote function is cool to. Very happy with the buy.
Here's some pics of the interior lights. CAN NOT beat every interior light and the trunk lights in led for 30$

Perfect amount of light, didn't like the LED bulbs I installed in my old jeep cause they literally blinded you at night, it was overkill. These are great! I have khoaltys plate bulbs to, 12$ well spent

Crestwood1001
08-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Terra just programmed my drl's off and enabled double impulse hazards, win!

MrMaico
08-18-2012, 11:30 AM
I stopped by INSKIP BMW this afternoon in Warwick, RI to check on some X5s for a friend of mine and several sales reps went out to my ZHP to check it out and ask me questions about it...of course my ZHP enjoyed all the attention :thumbsup ;)

Even some of the customers were looking at the beauty of Imola...:drool

Nice Charlie! It's always nice to have someone admire your car. I was at a rest area yesterday and a girl walked by and said to me "that's a beautiful color". :-)

Gordo_GT
08-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Nice Charlie! It's always nice to have someone admire your car. I was at a rest area yesterday and a girl walked by and said to me "that's a beautiful color". :-)

Was she good looking?

Rovert
08-18-2012, 02:47 PM
I want to be Terra's friend! :( My friend drove in out of town and is learning how to program E46's. He said he could do it to my car but everything is modified through a text file he says and everything is supposed to be perfect so the LCM doesn't get screwed up.

Today I just did a good clear coat clay bar clean and wax with interior vacuum for two car shows this weekend. :D

cakM3
08-18-2012, 03:07 PM

Thanks! Yeah, it was pretty cool to chat with a few sales reps as they were the ones who had asked me if my sedan was a ZHP...they said they rarely see one of these as a few customers walked by.

It's always good when someone walks by and makes a positive comment on your ride :)

Crestwood1001
08-18-2012, 03:13 PM
I want to be Terra's friend! :( My friend drove in out of town and is learning how to program E46's. He said he could do it to my car but everything is modified through a text file he says and everything is supposed to be perfect so the LCM doesn't get screwed up.

Today I just did a good clear coat clay bar clean and wax with interior vacuum for two car shows this weekend. :D

Yea he does it through a text file lol, glad he can do it and not me

echo46
08-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Oil and filter change. Mobile 0W40 with a Mann Filter. Washed her really good. Then started Dr. Colorchip. Looks good so far but I got a long way to go and a lot of road rash and chips to fix..

MrMaico
08-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Was she good looking?

Oh absolutely! :biggrin

There were also two cuties that passed me on the way home today.....the passenger was staring as they went by and the driver was checking me.....errrr I mean my car, out through the passenger side rear window.

bullfrogs_M3
08-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Just rolled the fenders (and another member's fenders plus a sweet, clean Hellrot E36 M3) with the ZHPMafia Fender Roller!!! No more rub, time for some spacers!! :P

nike001
08-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Just rolled the fenders (and another member's fenders plus a sweet, clean Hellrot E36 M3) with the ZHPMafia Fender Roller!!! No more rub, time for some spacers!! :P

Hopefully that same fender roller will be doing mine at Cody's this weekend! :D

bullfrogs_M3
08-18-2012, 04:41 PM

I will get with DW and figure out the shipping and how we want to move this thing around. DW owns it primarily so we'll have to coordinate all of this through him.

danewilson77
08-18-2012, 05:24 PM

I'm not on the list to go now Dalton. Maybe Bruce can take it....he's been in my area lately, due to soccer in VaBeach.

johnrando
08-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Again was traveling and am catching up on this thread. Cresty and Jon, you two have been on a roll... Good stuff. I'll update my project thread with some good news for a change a little later.

Crestwood1001
08-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Dalton if that does not work I think my cousin has a fender roller

Crestwood1001
08-18-2012, 05:47 PM
:d

johnrando
08-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Looks great!

Johnmadd
08-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Nice! What brand, I know I remember you told us but I don't remember now. Lol

Crestwood1001
08-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Khoalty! Believe it or not they look and fit great! Here's a fitment pic
http://img.tapatalk.com/462c9a7f-4b91-f1e8.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/462c9a7f-4bab-f069.jpg

Johnmadd
08-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Khoalty! Believe it or not they look and fit great!

Wow, nice. :thumbsup

I put a new fpr on the e30, hopefully it will cure a problem I've been having.

M3TA5IN
08-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Bruce isn't coming, I believe he has to take son to college.

I'll see if I can get my hands on one for BF. let you know tomorrow.

Ryans323i
08-19-2012, 05:58 AM
:d

Looks great! Man how I love the pre-facelift. Sorry ZHP'ers.

BCS_ZHP
08-19-2012, 06:55 AM
[QUOTE=M3TA5IN;197849]Bruce isn't coming, I believe he has to take son to college.

I'll see if I can get my hands on one for BF. let you know tomorrow.[/QUOTE

That's correct, I can't make it to BF-East this year. Taking my oldest son to college on Friday, driving my daughter to/from her soccer tourney in Leesburg, VA all Sat & Sun because the wife will be off playing in her state tennis tournament. My other son's soccerteam won their 3rd game this morning so are playing in the champIonship game for U16 in VA Beach at 1330 today. Athletically-oriented family, I'm pretty accomplished in the 12 oz curl competition.

johnrando
08-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Looks great! Man how I love the pre-facelift. Sorry ZHP'ers.

We won't take it personally and we still love you anyway. :biggrin

Ryans323i
08-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Lol. :)

Go Horns!
08-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Changed the air cabin filter and the performance air filter. Used Napa filters for both. Also topped off the coolant and gave it a bath.

Changing the performance air filter has to be the most complex air filter change I've ever dealt with.

Crestwood1001
08-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Didn't enter my car in our car show, I helped plan our fire departments first annual car show and it was a huge success! Can't explain how happy I am it worked out great. There was another show going on down the road and they only had about 20 cars, we had close to 80!
Mostly classics but a few newer cars. Next year I'll have to post details here and other forums and maybe have some local members try and make it, Dalton stopped by later in the day.
Here's a few of my favorites

johnrando
08-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Great pics. Love the Vette. Those might be better suited for our Gallery Section.

Crestwood1001
08-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Just sharing a few quick, when I get the pics from the photographer I'll make a thread

johnrando
08-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Yesterday, we installed William's awesome work with the sprint booster button integrated into a "sport" button (I bought an M3 Vert panel for this). The details are in the "Projects" thread. Pardon the dust on the Nav screen. If you look to the left, you'll see the SB switch wire right in front of the accelerator pedal.. this was before I tucked the wire away.

EDIT: Added the thread detail in case you're interested.
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?7679-SprintBooster-button-gt-gt-M3-SPORT-Button-mod&p=197937#post197937

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc481/johnrando/2012-08-18121627.jpg

sna77
08-19-2012, 02:56 PM
finally got around to cleaning the engine... At DaneWilson's advice, I applied Silkolene to it:
http://www.amazon.com/Silkolene-80149400477-80076500477-PREP-12-5-OZ/dp/B006B224B4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_1

Also, the Dinan dealership threw in a pair of floor mats for me with the Dinan badge... Apparently, when you hit stage 3, they give you some free mats. The mats are really thick--super plush. Wasn't sure how I was going to feel about them, but they're really nice... ;)

cakM3
08-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Yesterday, we installed William's awesome work with the sprint booster button integrated into a "sport" button (I bought an M3 Vert panel for this). The details are in the "Projects" thread. Pardon the dust on the Nav screen. If you look to the left, you'll see the SB switch wire right in front of the accelerator pedal.. this was before I tucked the wire away.

EDIT: Added the thread detail in case you're interested.
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?7679-SprintBooster-button-gt-gt-M3-SPORT-Button-mod&p=197937#post197937

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc481/johnrando/2012-08-18121627.jpg

Congrats John!!! :thumbsup This will now be one of my future projects for the ZHP ;)

finally got around to cleaning the engine... At DaneWilson's advice, I applied Silkolene to it:
http://www.amazon.com/Silkolene-80149400477-80076500477-PREP-12-5-OZ/dp/B006B224B4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_1

Also, the Dinan dealership threw in a pair of floor mats for me with the Dinan badge... Apparently, when you hit stage 3, they give you some free mats. The mats are really thick--super plush. Wasn't sure how I was going to feel about them, but they're really nice... ;)

Steve, your ZHP looks so clean throughout!!! Looks awesome :thumbsup

Crestwood1001
08-19-2012, 03:29 PM

Is that some type of umbrella holder in your passenger footwell? Details please

sna77
08-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Is that some type of umbrella holder in your passenger footwell? Details please

BMW OEM Part # 51470306529.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AN37&mospid=47720&btnr=51_5738&hg=51&fg=95&hl=1

ryankokesh
08-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Got it all clean, and then I added some LED's. I'm going for a subtle red glow, which is a setting, but I inadvertently created a "ZHP Party Mode".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxRVlT_OTlU

Hornung418
08-19-2012, 04:04 PM
:like

Horney...via TT.

JupiterBMW
08-19-2012, 04:30 PM

:drool

johnrando
08-19-2012, 06:24 PM
LOVE the ZHP party mode.

Crestwood1001
08-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Really upset that no YouTube links work on tapa talk on this site

danewilson77
08-19-2012, 06:41 PM

Just go to webview.

328ioc
08-19-2012, 07:05 PM
To day was a productive day. Took a day trip to Jupiter and painted my kidneys black, removed my CDV, detailed the engine bay. Then painted Jon's kidneys and put in his RCR tails.

nike001
08-19-2012, 07:16 PM
To day was a productive day. Took a day trip to Jupiter and painted my kidneys black, removed my CDV, detailed the engine bay. Then painted Jon's kidneys and put in his RCR tails.

Wanna inform the rest of the Mafia on how you somehow accomplished a day trip to Jupiter?

ryankokesh
08-19-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm guessing Jupiter, FL.

ryankokesh
08-19-2012, 07:24 PM
LOVE the ZHP party mode.

Yeah, can't wait to try it during my next acid trip.

I'm joking! (I don't drive on that stuff!! :p )

Hornung418
08-19-2012, 07:28 PM
I've found that if it's just posted as a link and not embedded in the post, it will show up in TT and work fine. However if you try to open the link in TT it will not launch automatically. To launch it from TT click the link and from the semi colon that magically appears enter ".com/watch?v=" and delete the semicolon. This will then prompt you if you want to watch in browser or use the YouTube application.

It's definitely weird how TT interprets embedded links as untagged links, but embeds untagged links. Believe me I feel your pain. I just want to click and watch. My browser takes forever if I'm not in 3G coverage, so TT is much faster to launch links and pics.

JupiterBMW
08-19-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm guessing Jupiter, FL.

Yes. Devlin came down today and we knocked out a lot of little items that needed doing on both cars. I was really impressed at how easy swapping my tails was. In the midst of BSing and stopping to look at them a million times, it only took about 45 minutes or so.

Devlin, you've got to post a picture of your clean engine bay, I don't have any...

328ioc
08-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Devlin, you've got to post a picture of your clean engine bay, I don't have any...

Will do it tomorrow. It was dark and raining by the time I got home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HokieZHP
08-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Well the other day I washed it quickly and met up with Jeff (elric) in Raleigh at his shop, Bimmer Performance Center for a little while. Great shop with a SWEET e30 project!!

Hornung418
08-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Wait...Jeff has a shop?? Bee to the Aye!

sna77
08-20-2012, 03:30 AM
Yes. Devlin came down today and we knocked out a lot of little items that needed doing on both cars. I was really impressed at how easy swapping my tails was. In the midst of BSing and stopping to look at them a million times, it only took about 45 minutes or so.

The OEM tails came in? Did you get everything sorted with the silver bulbs? What are you running all around now?

JupiterBMW
08-20-2012, 03:53 AM
The OEM tails came in? Did you get everything sorted with the silver bulbs? What are you running all around now?

Yeah, RCR tails are in. I still have the regular amber bulbs out back because they shipped them separately. Honestly, it would've been nice if when you order the FULL set of Euro lights, they give you an option of HOW MANY stealth bulbs you want. It never said whether it was just one set for the corners, or 4 of the large bulbs for all 4 corners, or all 6 bulbs (larger corner bulbs and the little ones for the side markers)... Eventually, I'll get all the lights switched over. The little amber bulbs in the sidemarkers don't bother me that much, but I definitely want the rears to have stealth bulbs to match the fronts.

HokieZHP
08-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Wait...Jeff has a shop?? Bee to the Aye!

The shop he works at

cakM3
08-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Today I installed my water pump thread cap :) After seeing Rob's ZHP with this cap installed I had to have this for my ZHP. Cleans up the engine bay that much more...:thumbsup

nike001
08-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Decided I need an OEM alarm...

If anyone knows anyone selling please lmk

echo46
08-20-2012, 04:55 PM
More dr. Colorchip today. Lot of work, but it is turning out really nice. I had a lot of road rash and small chips on the hood. I am going to hit every white spot on the body.

cakM3
08-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Dalton,

Here's a link for an alarm kit for sale...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-M3-OEM-ALARM-325Ci-330Ci-325-330-323i-325i-330d-/350321463567#ht_1515wt_1140 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-M3-OEM-ALARM-325Ci-330Ci-325-330-323i-325i-330d-/350321463567#ht_1515wt_1140)

says there are 7 available kits

Crestwood1001
08-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Dalton what happened

nike001
08-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks charlie! I already have someone on e46f offering theirs for 160.. so if that falls through I go through your provided link

webster
08-21-2012, 06:56 AM
over the weekend i installed the OEM Alpine Sirius radio in the ZHP. relatively simple DIY. i ran the antenna from the cd changer tray under the liner thingy up thru the center of the backseat, and then mounted it on the metal thingy right above the center of the rear seats. reception has been fine, no problems so far. so nice to have satellite functionality restored, and thru the stock receiver unit taboot! i can cycle thru pre-set stations with the steering wheel!

also gave her a good wash yesterday and cleaned the wheels. these damn OEM brake pads and their dust...

S85FTW
08-21-2012, 07:01 AM
At BMW of Bridgeport right now, getting pdc unit replaced and brake light reset.

UdubBadger
08-21-2012, 07:39 AM
I'm at iND. they said my suspension looks pristine... No tie rod play.

Strange. Could it just be really bad roads?

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

jayjay_dee
08-21-2012, 08:07 AM
Today I installed my water pump thread cap :) After seeing Rob's ZHP with this cap installed I had to have this for my ZHP. Cleans up the engine bay that much more...:thumbsup

Really Charlie? I mean how many times do you even look down on that area? lol... having said that, please share with us the link, i might buy one too, lol...

I hope you sort it out Seth... my ZHP has been on jack stands since last weekend... original belt tensioner went kaput and the new belt i just installed is getting shredded, good thing it became a habit of mine to check the engine bay every other day... could have been a disaster.

New parts should be here today and I should have my ZHP back on the road... I should also be able test my navi again.

danewilson77
08-21-2012, 08:20 AM

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

No. They don't know....

cakM3
08-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Really Charlie? I mean how many times do you even look down on that area? lol... having said that, please share with us the link, i might buy one too, lol...

jayjay....you're killing me with your sarcasm...:)

Anyway here is the link where I got mine: http://www.understeer.com/onlinestore-engine.shtml (http://www.understeer.com/onlinestore-engine.shtml)

Crestwood1001
08-21-2012, 01:56 PM
I has not been touched all day. Just spent 8 hours staining the deck, can't wait to go pick up dinner so I can drive it

MrMaico
08-21-2012, 02:29 PM
jayjay....you're killing me with your sarcasm...:)

Anyway here is the link where I got mine: http://www.understeer.com/onlinestore-engine.shtml (http://www.understeer.com/onlinestore-engine.shtml)

I've been meaning to order one of those myself. That bit of rust on those threads bugs me. lol

I replaced the original pump about 2 1/2 years ago and I just looked at the old one I kept......still no rust on it. And the one I installed was an OEM from Tischer but it rusted right away. I guess they just don't make 'em like they used to.

cakM3
08-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks charlie! I already have someone on e46f offering theirs for 160.. so if that falls through I go through your provided link

Not a problem Dalton! GL :thumbsup

sna77
08-21-2012, 03:28 PM
over the weekend i installed the OEM Alpine Sirius radio in the ZHP. relatively simple DIY. i ran the antenna from the cd changer tray under the liner thingy up thru the center of the backseat, and then mounted it on the metal thingy right above the center of the rear seats. reception has been fine, no problems so far. so nice to have satellite functionality restored, and thru the stock receiver unit taboot! i can cycle thru pre-set stations with the steering wheel!

also gave her a good wash yesterday and cleaned the wheels. these damn OEM brake pads and their dust...

Did you order the refurbished model with 1 year activation I found for $250?
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=912513

az3579
08-21-2012, 04:49 PM
I has not been touched all day. Just spent 8 hours staining the deck, can't wait to go pick up dinner so I can drive it

Since when did the Mafia need an excuse to go for a drive? :shifty

Crestwood1001
08-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Since when did the Mafia need an excuse to go for a drive? :shifty

Haha, it still has not been started today. Gonna let it sleep till tomorrow, no need to go anywhere right now

johnrando
08-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Haha, it still has not been started today. Gonna let it sleep till tomorrow, no need to go anywhere right now

I'll drive it for you! :biggrin

Crestwood1001
08-21-2012, 05:55 PM
I'll drive it for you! :biggrin

Only if I can drive yours lol

UdubBadger
08-21-2012, 05:59 PM
No. They don't know....

I hope they would check everything. I mean I don't know what else to tell them to look at. :dunno

Hermes
08-21-2012, 07:05 PM
I took my rear headrests off yesterday, I kinda like driving without them

Johal E32
08-21-2012, 09:34 PM
mounted the Style 135's on the 323 wagon today!

The tires look kind of funny, the fronts are 18x8 with 245-40's and the rear is 18x8.5 with 255-35.

ryankokesh
08-22-2012, 04:34 AM
Pics!

danewilson77
08-22-2012, 04:44 AM
mounted the Style 135's on the 323 wagon today!

The tires look kind of funny, the fronts are 18x8 with 245-40's and the rear is 18x8.5 with 255-35.

Funny how?

M3TA5IN
08-22-2012, 04:46 AM
Funny like a clown? Do I amuse you?

Sorry, had to say it

Sent from my fancy city machine.

UdubBadger
08-22-2012, 05:37 AM
245/40 is a big tire for the front - might be too tall. I run a 235/40 and 265/35 set up and I know I sit a little taller from rubber (I just drop the car lower though ;))

Johal E32
08-22-2012, 06:31 AM
Funny how?

Not sure, the previous owner did it.. The car drives fine though, no rubbing, the sidewall is tall but it really fills the wheel wells. I would rather have oem sizing but the front 245's are like new. The steering is surprisingly still pretty good, my cousin says it will be improved a great deal if I slap some 225's in the front.

245/40 is a big tire for the front - might be too tall. I run a 235/40 and 265/35 set up and I know I sit a little taller from rubber (I just drop the car lower though ;))

Yep, it's tall.

Here we go :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8298/7839532794_a66f8e09bb_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8303/7839527272_c89acd7d02_b.jpg

^ You can see the matte black roof that I added to the car. To save weight, I deleted/removed the roof rails :shifty

az3579
08-22-2012, 12:41 PM
^ Looks boss.

Crestwood1001
08-22-2012, 12:42 PM
I <3 wagons! I washed and waxed my car today. My sister actually drive a Volvo wagon, a V70, it's a good car.

az3579
08-22-2012, 12:43 PM
I see CT tags.... hmm.... hint.

danewilson77
08-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Replaced some interior trim door clips.

I know....I'm all into big news.

cakM3
08-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Finally got around to installing my BMW Performance SSK today. A big thank you to Chad for his help :thumbsup

Crestwood1001
08-22-2012, 01:56 PM
I see CT tags.... hmm.... hint.

She lived there, just moved here for college

gammagoblin
08-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Put in my aux input finally. Mostly easy, but whoever designed the dash trip red clip things can go straight to hell. Replaced all the clips and my dash trim still does not sit perfectly flush (it never has). God damn.

JupiterBMW
08-22-2012, 03:52 PM
I washed both cars this morning, thunderstorm this afternoon. The ZHP was tucked nicely into the garage, the X3 is dirty again. *sigh* :foottap

Crestwood1001
08-22-2012, 04:18 PM
I can't believe how much better my previously neglected black paint looks after a coat of wax. Can say enough about Chemical Guys XXX. Stuffs done nothing but impress me. Thatll hold me over till I can order a buffer

sna77
08-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Put in my aux input finally. Mostly easy, but whoever designed the dash trip red clip things can go straight to hell. Replaced all the clips and my dash trim still does not sit perfectly flush (it never has). God damn.

There's a trick to those--because they drive me EFFING INSANE not sitting flush also.

Besides replacing all the orange clips, do not reattach 1 of the metal male pieces--the piece over the radio, all the way to the left near the key. It will sit flush with that one not in.

Gordo_GT
08-22-2012, 05:47 PM

Where did you install the AUX? I'm waiting for mines and I feel like installing like this:

Crestwood1001
08-22-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm gonna make an aux input tomorrow

nike001
08-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Where did you install the AUX? I'm waiting for mines and I feel like installing like this:

Sunglass tray FTW. Can put iphone/ipod in there and shut the door and it'll look like nothing is even different. I don't like how they are in the pic you posted.. you're stuck putting your music device somewhere

sna77
08-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Where did you install the AUX?

I like the coin tray best. The MP3 player is going to rest in the cup holder, so you might as well shorten the cable run. Here's my OEM AUX (I also ran a separate USB charging station to it):

http://bigpatsfans.com/zhpusb/6.JPG

http://bigpatsfans.com/zhpusb/finished.JPG

Crestwood1001
08-22-2012, 06:40 PM
That setup is sweet

sna77
08-22-2012, 06:49 PM
That setup is sweet

Thanks! Here's my install!
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?7643-OEM-Aux-USB-charging-kit-I-put-together-for-lt-100

gammagoblin
08-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the tip on the left-most pin on the center trim... that is the one that seems to not sit right!

I put mine in sunglasses tray. Out of sight when I don't need it.

For my stupid problems with the trim, I have to give BMW credit for making the radio straightforward to remove/install. No weird 2 pronged tools or coat hangers to get the thing out.

Last tip: take out whatever piece you're going to drill first and drill it with the cable handy to check fit, instead of running the wire first like me and having to walk back and forth to make sure it fit.

Gordo_GT
08-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks! Here's my install!
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?7643-OEM-Aux-USB-charging-kit-I-put-together-for-lt-100

Great stuff. I might just have to copy you. Thanks.

Crickett
08-23-2012, 05:49 AM
I finally got my baby out of storage! After being away for six months, it sure was good to wrench on her again! She got a brake bleed* & oil change last night. After six months of co-driving the wife's X5, it'll be so good to drive my Zebra Horse Powered 3er again! I can't wait! :roundel

*(I ordered some ATE Super Blue to do a full flush, but it won't get here until Monday; I couldn't wait that long! :foottap)

Crestwood1001
08-23-2012, 07:38 AM
^thats gotta be a great feeling after being away from it for that long!
I woke up pissed off so I went out and cleaned the car and gave it another coat of wax, that's three on the roof hood and trunk lid and two everywhere else

Crestwood1001
08-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Just made a working aux input! As you know my preface car is not compatible with the OEM kit, so I tapped the cd changer wiring with an RCA to 3.5mm head phone jack cable I have and it works! You just hit the cd button to get to it. On my way to radio shack to get a male/female 16 foot extender to run it into the cabin

johnrando
08-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Nice on both counts.

Crestwood1001
08-23-2012, 11:09 AM
I just got back from radio shack. I have to say, the kid tried SO hard to sell me a friggin 3 year warranty on an 8$ headphone extender lol he was determined

cakM3
08-23-2012, 11:43 AM
My wonderful co-workers were kind enough to inform me that my ZHP got hit in the parking lot this afternoon.

They obviously got the reaction they were looking for but weren't expecting what I would do next......

I took my ZHP home for the day :) It's such a lovely day outside....I couldn't resist going home ;)

johnrando
08-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Glad it was a joke.

cakM3
08-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah John I'm glad too but they know how to push my 'BMW' button :)

Crestwood1001
08-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Well got the aux ran into the cabin, works great, watched half an episode of rescue me while my dad was in the store haha love Netflix. Does anyone know of a 3.5mm jack that can be flush mounted? I'd like to do that somewhere in the dash and then get another short cable to plug into that for a cleaner install.
Another VERY pleasant surprise in the mail today, I can't speak highly enough of otterboxes warranty system. About a week ago I put in my third claim, first two were broken belt clips for my iPhone 4s defender case, which they replaced no questions asked. This time was for the rubber case that goes around the plastic shell, the rubber was tearing. Box showed up today, they sent the an entire new case! Including a belt clip, just like you would by it from the store, made my day. I know the 50$ cost is a lot but the warranty has been more then worth it.

Johnmadd
08-23-2012, 03:30 PM
New thermostat and some oem blue coolant, easy job!

nike001
08-23-2012, 03:46 PM
picked up a quart of oil in case it's needed for the weekend, picked up 2 bottles of techron fuel injector cleaner for $10, added one, and topped my car off in preparation for the weekend and then checked my oil - was on the high side but I'm OK with that! My car usually burns 1qt about every 1,000 miles and I'm at a little over 800 miles now since I last topped off.:fingerscrossed

CERF04ZHP
08-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Replaced my secondary air check valve. Took 20 minutes. Getting my engine light cleared Saturday morning. Whew, 'bout time!

Sent from my PDA with a 1.5 GHz brain.

Stu
08-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Getting my windshield replaced tomorrow.

Again. :(

They better be bringing Pilkington with the rain sensor attached like I asked for...otherwise I'm going to be having an issue with Safelite.

Saturday or Sunday, haven't decided yet, gonna do FCABs and steering guibo, then next week an alignment and 4-wheel balance.

Oh and I got my new plate the other day.

http://i.imgur.com/di4Uyl.jpg (http://imgur.com/di4Uy)

S85FTW
08-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Installed new 19" lmr reps on my wife's e90.

UdubBadger
08-23-2012, 08:56 PM
I hate that your wife has a cool car. My wife won't even let me WASH her car let alone get her some rims or stuff like that.

DDub88
08-23-2012, 09:02 PM
I had my a/c repaired, there was aleak in the system by the evaporator core. Cost around 2k to fix. I also swapped out the chrome kidneys for some gloss black ones. It has a nice way of subduing the front end a bit instead of having that "HEY LOOK AT ME!!!" chrome snout look. Oil change and tuneup in the near future. Cheers

Nomar06
08-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Just about ready to put in some work....missing 2 washers, lol. Prob will tackle the job on Sat.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/Nomar006/CIMG3804.jpg

Meric
08-24-2012, 01:48 AM
Guys I have a question. Today I made a 360 turn in the rain and engine stalled at the end would that cause any problems?

static667
08-24-2012, 02:07 AM
Just about ready to put in some work....missing 2 washers, lol. Prob will tackle the job on Sat.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/Nomar006/CIMG3804.jpg

Let me know what you think of those Koni shocks. I have some H&R sport springs sitting here and I was considering pairing them with those exact shocks...when the money becomes available, that is.

Guys I have a question. Today I made a 360 turn in the rain and engine stalled at the end would that cause any problems?

I don't think you should have any issues arise from that. Were there any odd circumstances to the stall? Or was is just like if you had botched a take off in first gear?

sna77
08-24-2012, 03:17 AM
I've had tthe worst luck with Konis rusting and blowing. This was my 3rd e46, and the stock ZHP suspension is the best combination of comfort and performance IMO. When is replaced my suspension at 100k, I actually went all OEM for this.

cakM3
08-24-2012, 06:14 AM
Steve,

New England roads historically are worse on our cars.... pot holes, the amount of salt on the roads in the winter......

johnrando
08-24-2012, 06:15 AM
Getting my windshield replaced tomorrow.

Again. :(

They better be bringing Pilkington with the rain sensor attached like I asked for...otherwise I'm going to be having an issue with Safelite.

Saturday or Sunday, haven't decided yet, gonna do FCABs and steering guibo, then next week an alignment and 4-wheel balance.

Oh and I got my new plate the other day.

http://i.imgur.com/di4Uyl.jpg (http://imgur.com/di4Uy)

Like the plate! BTW, check out my post on the Windshield thread, just a word of caution re: the install.

Nomar, GL with the install.

Nomar06
08-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Let me know what you think of those Koni shocks. I have some H&R sport springs sitting here and I was considering pairing them with those exact shocks...when the money becomes available, that is.

There isn't too much info on them but I PM'd a couple people on the fanatics site and those people loved them. Just keep your eyes open for different places online, I eneded up geting a great deal to sway me off stock stuff. Credit card rewars points helped too, lol.

I've had tthe worst luck with Konis rusting and blowing. This was my 3rd e46, and the stock ZHP suspension is the best combination of comfort and performance IMO. When is replaced my suspension at 100k, I actually went all OEM for this.

Steve,

New England roads historically are worse on our cars.... pot holes, the amount of salt on the roads in the winter......

Yeah, roads are pretty nice in Charlotte except the 200 yards in front of my place and the car may see 1 weeks worth of snow/salt all year.

S85FTW
08-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Daytime shots!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/krisgt30/45890C02-9C68-4CB3-ADA7-A39CC0AAFD41-3699-0000022E68CD172A.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/krisgt30/AFFFF8AA-9360-4E33-A5B0-3D7997C85150-3699-0000022E6ECFB08E.jpg

@ Seth, having a wife into cars is both a gift and a curse, now that I have my car, I have been hearing about how her 328xi is so slow and she wants her Panamera. This is the same woman that drove and was happy with a 4cyl camry for 7 years. I think I corrupted her....

M3TA5IN
08-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Daytime shots!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/krisgt30/45890C02-9C68-4CB3-ADA7-A39CC0AAFD41-3699-0000022E68CD172A.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/krisgt30/AFFFF8AA-9360-4E33-A5B0-3D7997C85150-3699-0000022E6ECFB08E.jpg

@ Seth, having a wife into cars is both a gift and a curse, now that I have my car, I have been hearing about how her 328xi is so slow and she wants her Panamera. This is the same woman that drove and was happy with a 4cyl camry for 7 years. I think I corrupted her....

Lol that's funny, Katie wants a Panamera. I think they are ugly as sin.

Sent from my fancy city machine.

cakM3
08-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Cody,

I think most people think that the Panamera is ugly....not Porsche-like...

@ Kris, yes... you corrupted Gina......now you will have to deal with that...:biggrin

Crestwood1001
08-24-2012, 09:08 AM
That's because they are ugly lol

Stu
08-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Like the plate! BTW, check out my post on the Windshield thread, just a word of caution re: the install.

Nomar, GL with the install.

Just read it, I hope they prime it and such. They supposed to. I will be very meticulous about the install. Any increased wind noise or glue coming over the edges and I will be telling them to re-do it. He supposed to come today either before 2:30 or after 3:45.

Hornung418
08-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Driver rear regulator went...replacing tomorrow at 9am before Bimmerfest whoopee.

Horney...via TT.

sna77
08-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Steve,

Agreed... But my Konis lasted less than 2 years in these crummy roads. thats just flat out bad.

Hermes
08-24-2012, 06:17 PM
parts are in, now the work begins

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jhermes/2002/F8847529-7F10-4644-A325-6AE4A3EFF143-750-000000CA749CA558.jpg

Hornung418
08-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Nice!

Horney...via TT.

alexandre
08-24-2012, 07:07 PM
I had a very productive ZHP day! I hit another cool milestone (336699 km):

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/605/img0910vf.jpg

I also took apart my rear bumper in preparation for my rear-end repair:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6901/img0911f.jpg

And while the car is out of service, I did a few epoxy jobs - glanschwarz window trim, business CD knob (didn't work for power on/off), and a small clip that fell off my black cube trim when taking it out.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3453/img0915cb.jpg

I also went to the dealer to get a new oil filter housing gasket - my driveway was soiled this morning and this was the culprit. I'll do that before sending the car to the body shop. Paid $12 for a $4 part. The joys of owning a bimmer in Quebec!

PS: people who are going to BimmerFest - have an awesome weekend!

danewilson77
08-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Sounds great A.

Meric
08-24-2012, 11:32 PM
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6526/30491410151142729333738.jpg

Euro plate Fellas! Support from CANADA! :D

static667
08-25-2012, 03:31 AM
Driver rear regulator went...replacing tomorrow at 9am before Bimmerfest whoopee.

Horney...via TT.

:facepalm I feel for you, man.

nike001
08-25-2012, 05:28 PM
I just stumbled upon a UUC TSE3 "light" exhaust for cheap.

I'd like the Light version anyhow.. since the full cat-back would probably be too loud for me. I've recently been on an exhaust kick too so..

MAFIA. WHAT DO?!

derbo
08-25-2012, 05:37 PM
I just stumbled upon a UUC TSE3 "light" exhaust for cheap.

I'd like the Light version anyhow.. since the full cat-back would probably be too loud for me. I've recently been on an exhaust kick too so..

MAFIA. WHAT DO?!

Do it!!!! I wanted that exhaust

Hornung418
08-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Replaced the regulator. Got to Bimmerfest at 11:20...right behind the caravan :P

Horney...via TT.

nike001
08-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Do it!!!! I wanted that exhaust

I'm thinking it just sounds the same as a muffler delete though. I kinda think the muffler delete sounds better anyways since it's deeper. Am I on something or...?

Crestwood1001
08-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Dalton how cheap are you talking? If the muffler delete sounds better and you can have it done properly for less why don't you just go that route? But on the other hand an aftermarket exhaust is cool to.
Im considering doing the muffler delete at sigfest 2.5 in October

Crestwood1001
08-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Just ordered 120$ worth of detailing supply's to restock my shelves and ordered a new alcantara shift book and a new knob off ecs

UdubBadger
08-25-2012, 08:58 PM
I say you pass and let me buy it Dalton. Then I'll discount your tune ;)

derbo
08-25-2012, 11:15 PM

This sounds like a deal ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jon D
08-26-2012, 04:56 AM
Gave it a quick wash so I could get the cover on before Isaac hit

cakM3
08-26-2012, 05:05 AM
Everyone in Isaac's way be safe out there!

Crestwood1001
08-26-2012, 06:25 AM

I see what you did there.... Lol

nike001
08-26-2012, 06:58 AM

Haha, well that's pretty much what it's between... Tune or Exhaust.

EDIT: I've decided that it's too loud for my liking

Hap at it, Seth
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=939992

UdubBadger
08-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Thanks buddy. I'll make good on my word as well when you're ready.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

Johal E32
08-26-2012, 08:30 AM
tse-3 sounds good, but a bit too rich for my blood (If I buy it new).. I'd rather rather delete a muffler or two :)

UdubBadger
08-26-2012, 09:10 AM
well with the headers planned I think the light tse3 will be perfect with stock resonators.

Johal E32
08-26-2012, 09:15 AM
well with the headers planned I think the light tse3 will be perfect with stock resonators.

promise me you will post some videos of the set-up :)

nike001
08-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks buddy. I'll make good on my word as well when you're ready.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

Glad I could help :)

328ioc
08-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Just gave the ZHP a bath, had a little help from the rain too.

I guess Isaac is getting closer.......

Crestwood1001
08-26-2012, 12:01 PM
So close to pulling the trigger....

danewilson77
08-26-2012, 12:13 PM
^Damn. Nice haul.

Crestwood1001
08-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Have not done it yet, second guessing dropping so much $ right now

derbo
08-26-2012, 12:32 PM
that is one nice cart lol. That sounds pretty expensive for the first aid kit. Is that including the contents of the first aid kit too?

Crestwood1001
08-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Yea that's the bin, bracket and contents. I may just buy the bin and bracket and stock it off the stuff we have at the fire hall.

derbo
08-26-2012, 12:51 PM
don't forget the screws!

Crestwood1001
08-26-2012, 01:08 PM
For the bin? I would hope they are included! Didn't order yet, not sure if I'm gonna do it right now

derbo
08-26-2012, 01:19 PM
if you order the bracket and box seperately, it does not have the screws. I posted it in the DIY somewhere..

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?6266-DIY-OEM-Underseat-First-Aid-Compartment

cakM3
08-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Today I purchased the button control panel to do my "Sport" button mod for the ZHP
http://img.tapatalk.com/64280191-98b2-9be9.jpg

and got rear door cards in very near perfect condition for my ///M :) Now to apply Leatherique cleaner and restorer to the leather parts...:thumbsup
http://img.tapatalk.com/64280191-98dd-8a4b.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/64280191-98e8-8a1e.jpg

I also went up to Steve's house in Brookline, Ma to get the side mirrors from his ZHP (spares) and left him something to "play" with ;)

TT + iPhone4

Crestwood1001
08-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Very nice!

nike001
08-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Stuck between a hard and a hard place

Eurocharged tune or highline tuning exhaust?

derbo
08-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Stuck between a hard and a hard place

Eurocharged tune or highline tuning exhaust?

Highline Tuning Exhaust then get the eurocharge later on to accommodate the ehxaust :)

Crestwood1001
08-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I second that

nike001
08-26-2012, 05:21 PM
I wish the exhaust wasn't so expensive. Even the highline tuning muffler is $400!

BCS_ZHP
08-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Dalton,
You gotta rationalize this stuff with your enthusiast hat on instead of your bean counter hat. Is $400 really all that much? It's about half what you paid for your cup kit. About the same as your BMW Performance intake? About two Coby wheel rewraps So are you second guessing any of those upgrades? If not, then go for it and don't look back.

nike001
08-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I've compared it to the prices of other things.. but even so, a Magnaflow muffler is what? $150-200+ only? For pretty much the same stuff.

Exhaust stuff has always been one of those things I never understood the price on. Like hundreds to thousands of dollars on piping. Wat?

derbo
08-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I've compared it to the prices of other things.. but even so, a Magnaflow muffler is what? $150-200+ only? For pretty much the same stuff.

Exhaust stuff has always been one of those things I never understood the price on. Like hundreds to thousands of dollars on piping. Wat?

The magnaflow is probably only the muffler canister. My HKS exhaust is a full cat back and it was the cheaper of the bunch at $800. The TSE light is $80 and it's an axle back only! $1400 for a full cat back UUC tse3 is reason why I didn't go that route.

I will pay for an exhaust that won't drone and will free up some power while not breaking the bank. Magnaflows full catback is around 800 too I believe.

BCS_ZHP
08-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Dalton,
Figure out what you want and buy the parts before the Oct get together down here. My high school buddy, Marty, will hang whatever muffler you choose and custom bend any pipes that are needed. His labor is cheap and he's just damn good people, you'll enjoy chatting with him while he does an exhaust to your specs.

BCS_ZHP
08-26-2012, 06:04 PM
And your other comment, the pricing variable. These guys are trying to recoup R&D costs of designing & testing their exhaust systems. It's not just the piping but where they place the mixing points to create back pressure. I've had discussions on this subject with Bimmerworld, they believe in duals back to about mid point on the car then they combine the pipesinto a single which creates back pressure and continue that single all the way to the rear. My friend Marty has schooled me several times that you have to have the right amount of back pressure or you risk actually losing power and torque. He's been doing custom exhaust systems since his early 20's and he turns 50 this year, his 30 years of experience on custom exhausts just makes it obvious to him where those mixing points need to be.

nike001
08-26-2012, 06:08 PM
I agree, Derek. I think I'm going to hold off on getting an exhaust for now. I can go back and forth with myself all day but I think I should keep thinking about it.

Dalton,
Figure out what you want and buy the parts before the Oct get together down here. My high school buddy, Marty, will hang whatever muffler you choose and custom bend any pipes that are needed. His labor is cheap and he's just damn good people, you'll enjoy chatting with him while he does an exhaust to your specs.

Can he do resonator deletes?

derbo
08-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Resonator deletes sound too stock. I have a coworker with both resonators deleted and it sounds the same as stock to me. He wants my Hks exhaust so bad. LOL

nike001
08-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Haha well I guess I'll wait until I can afford a full cat-back from highline then