PDA

View Full Version : Charrie's ZHP project

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

cakM3
10-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Still loving it Charlie?

Let me know when you need a price on snow tires :)

Am I still loving it??? Of course I am :biggrin I still have a big grin when driving my "new" ZHP :)

I will call you when I'm ready for snows....will be soon...

Johnmadd
10-17-2013, 02:48 PM
I need to drive your zhp next time we meet up, I do believe that it is the best way to feel more power.

cakM3
10-17-2013, 03:01 PM
No problem John!

PirateZHP
10-17-2013, 04:56 PM
And you need to come to Raleigh so I can drive it! New diff is definitely something I'd like to do... eventually.

cakM3
10-18-2013, 03:26 AM
And you need to come to Raleigh so I can drive it! New diff is definitely something I'd like to do... eventually.

Matt, I plan to come to Raleigh sometime next summer! Be ready!!! It will either be my ZHP or the ///M....either way you're in for a treat! ;)

Sockethead
10-18-2013, 10:15 AM
With the prices dropping and the ease of installation, an LSD is now becoming an easy affordable mod.
The installation is really easy and strait forward, wouldn't you agree Charlie?

On Turner's site, you can get a basic LSD with 3.46 gears for around $1900 and your old diff. (they are having a sale on 3.46 for $0 upgrade)

The one Charlie has is a modified 3 clutch and Z4 diff cover and he kept his old diff so it's a little pricier but if you don't plan to SC then it can be had for cheap! Go ahead and check it out.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2053-e46-e39-z4-differential-upgrade-custom-options.aspx

http://diffsonline.com/custom-performance-differentials/

derbo
10-18-2013, 10:16 AM
DAMN! thats cheap. I wish I went this route.. :(

cakM3
10-18-2013, 10:18 AM
With the prices dropping and the ease of installation, an LSD is now becoming an easy affordable mod.
The installation is really easy and strait forward, wouldn't you agree Charlie?

Rob, you made it look very easy for sure! Having the Bently book for torque specs was also very helpful!

PirateZHP
10-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Geezus... I may get into some trouble...

Sockethead
10-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Rob, you made it look very easy for sure! Having the Bently book for torque specs was also very helpful!
And air tools make a big difference....

PirateZHP
10-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Rob, I just posted a question in another thread about Diffs... maybe you can help with an answer?

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?11105-Gear-ratio-change/page4

I know Charlie doesn't like people clogging up his project threads.

cakM3
10-18-2013, 11:31 AM
And air tools make a big difference....

Oh yes!!!! You must have air tools....will make the job so much easier for sure!

@ Derrick.....thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

spoonerDee
10-19-2013, 08:34 AM
All this talk of LSD is giving me flashbacks of my 20's :)

derbo
10-19-2013, 10:00 AM
all this talk of lsd is giving me flashbacks of my 20's :)

iseewhatyoudidthere

cakM3
10-24-2013, 05:42 PM
I've had my new TMS 3.46 LSD installed about a week now and wanted to say that my ZHP has been a blast to drive since Rob installed this!!! It pulls so much harder with the new gearing - 2nd and 3rd gears are so much easier to shift into and the car pulls real hard through those gears. It makes going off the line and highway merges so much more fun. :) Funny thing is that once in 6th gear and cruising on the highway, you can just apply some gas (like Rob said) and the car continues to pull and before you know it you can get yourself into trouble speeding....the car pulls that well!

All I can say is that this car feels completely refreshed with the new LSD gearing. It's hard to imagine that my ZHP could feel more alive with everything I have already put into her before this! :thumbsup I have to say at this point, my ZHP is just as much fun to drive as my ///M is and since my ///M is now in hibernation status (stored in the garage), driving my ZHP doesn't feel like 2nd best anymore. It's not the reserved mistress it used to be but rather, the "woman in red" standing out proudly saying drive me like you stole me! :)

I am looking forward to the upcoming winter season where I can really enjoy driving in the snow with my new winter wheels w/ Blizzaks and LSD :biggrin

For those who are looking at other things to add to their cars, put an LSD into your "things to do" list. It's money well-spent in my opinion. :thumbsup

Lanister
10-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Glad to hear it, Charlie. I'll be living vicariously through you for now but never say never ;)

cakM3
10-25-2013, 03:43 AM
I recently looked over all the mods I have done to my ZHP in two years ownership....I am amazed by just how much work I had put into her :thumbsup

Of course credit has to go to many here who have helped me along the way starting with Dane/Kyle Q/Jeff/Rando (VANOS seals), Chad (FCABs & exhaust replacement), Botond (LCM/General E46 coding/OFHG replacement/and many other things), Tony (tnhl1989) for all that you have done for me, Steve -SNA77 (for helping me retrofit BMW Bluetooth and voice command), and to everyone else who I have not listed....my most sincere thanks for helping me to perfect my ZHP along the way!

My ZHP as it currently sits - October 2013:

- 3.46 TMS LSD
- TPMS (RPA) aktiv @ 138,888 miles
- BC Racing "BR-series" coilovers
- Coby alcantara wheel rewrap (black alcantara w/ red stitching)
- New ZKW headlight lens with laminate cover
- Eagle Eye LED smoked Tail Lights from JLevi SW
- Clear smoked corners
- Clear side markers
- Gominigo tow hook front license plate holder
- ZKW Bi-Xenon (w/ retrofitted OEM AL M3 Bi-Xenon projector assemblies) Headlights
- OEM BMW Performance Cross-Drilled Rotors @ 114,300 miles
- OEM BMW Performance BBK @ 114,300 miles
- OEM BMW Performance CF Strut Bar @ 118,700 miles
- OEM BMW Performance Grills
- OEM BMW ///M3 side mirror retrofit to sedan @ 120,824 miles
- OEM BMW Bluetooth retrofit
- OEM BMW Factory alarm retrofit
- OEM BMW "Improved" Homelink/Compass AutoDim (flush clown-nose) Mirror retrofit
- OEM BMW Aux Input retrofit
- OEM BMW Sharkfin retrofit
- OEM BMW ///M3 arm rest with black Nappa Leather
- OEM BMW Style 135's w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sports (225/255)
- OEM BMW lit ZHP shift knob retrofit - deadlysns special
- OEM BMW LCM s/w vers 4.0 recoded and installed; one touch-triple blink enabled @ 125,887 miles
- OEM BMW Silver Cube Trim (brand new) - for a total cost of $725.53 yeah, I'm crazy enough to do this
- OEM BMW Performance SSK @ 128,063 miles
- OEM BMW Euro LCM Faceplate swap w/ current installed LCM
- OEM BMW First Aid Kit retrofit
- OEM BMW - Style 68's (225/245) - current winter set in Blizzaks LM-60's
- MTec II Carbon Fiber rear diffuser (summer use only)
- SIRIUS Satellite Starmate 4 Radio integration
- Gruppe M carbon fiber CAI
- Shark Injector Tune
- 6000k D2S lighting
- HID fog retrofit w/ 6000k 9006 bulbs
- New FCABs
- UUC SS brake lines @ 114,300 miles
- Pinstripe delete. :biggrin (glad I erased those hideous pin stripes!!)
- Beltronics Sti Driver Radar Detector hardwire
- LED rear license plate lights
- LED 6000k Angel Eyes w/ remote
- Blacked out "glossy"rear badge
- Monochromed roundels (Black/Frozen Grey) and ///M badges
- Carbon Fiber Arqray front lip spoiler
- Navi Firmware s/w vers. 4-1/02 update w/ perspective view
- New DISA @ 116,518 miles
- New upper and lower intake boots @116,518 miles
- ///M oil cap
- ///M-deadpedal
- ///M aluminum pedals
- White LED sidemarkers
- Water Pump thread Cap
- Turner Motorsports 10mm Front / Macht Schnell 10mm Rear Spacers
- Carbon Fiber engine covers
- DICE Silverline Duo iPod integration (OE 6-disc CD changer deleted)
- Sprint Booster w/ Sport Button mod - I'd say the first one on the East Coast to do this
- UUC TSE3 Corsa exhaust
- Brake Force Display - Stage 3 activated @ 138,888 miles

146,888 miles

Future upgrades/mods/maintenance I'm looking to do sometime in the future:

- ESS TS2 (after my daughter graduates from college in 4 years)
- Factory front seat Lumbar Support (2014 season)
- Factory front driver's seat cover replacement (2014 season)
- CDV Delete at my next oil change
- Lightwerkz HID Projector retrofit (sometime in 2014 season)
- Front Driver's side fender and door replacement - removing dents/damage to the OE panels from previous owners
- new ZHP control arms/FCABs
- new RTABs, ///M motor mounts, and bushings
- Oh yes....the carbon fiber engine covers (2014 season)
- full Imola Red respray (sometime in the future)

As you can see there's still some more things to do to my awesome daily driver :) My list is getting much smaller compared to what it was when I first got my ZHP....it's well on it's way to being my perfect daily driver. :biggrin Now just to keep her in tip-top shape with all required maintenance....it never stops! :)

Pip
10-25-2013, 06:17 AM
Are you worried about getting too much horsepower in the ZHP that it won't be as effective as a daily? I'm all for you adding the supercharger because I think it would be great and add a smile to your face everyday but just not sure how it affects drivability. I guess it would only matter if you got on it.

Johal E32
10-25-2013, 06:23 AM
Thats the beauty of a supercharger. Its awesome with the foot down, but you can still DD it perfectly fine!

For a DD, supercharger > Turbo charger. Also, superchargers tend to be more reliable with these M5X motors

midlandtech
10-25-2013, 06:45 AM
You car is nuts Charlie. What did you not like about the AL swap in your headlights I've been wanting to do that swap to replace my crispy bowls.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Vas
10-25-2013, 06:57 AM
For a DD, supercharger > Turbo charger.

Not always the case actually. With a turbo, you are not always building boost and the car behaves normal under vacuum. With a supercharger, you are always building boost pressure even though the by-pass valve is open. The pressure is just not being forced into the engine and just recirculates.

As far as simplicity, yes a supercharger is ideal for a daily driver since there is less stuff to go wrong (less parts)

az3579
10-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Charlie doesn't care about gas mileage so a supercharger would suit his style very nicely. I can't wait to get one myself; hopefully he's able to get one before me so I could try it out and see if I really want to drop that kind of dough. :biggrin

cakM3
10-25-2013, 08:27 AM
Are you worried about getting too much horsepower in the ZHP that it won't be as effective as a daily? I'm all for you adding the supercharger because I think it would be great and add a smile to your face everyday but just not sure how it affects drivability. I guess it would only matter if you got on it.

Sean, absolutely not worried at all :biggrin I've driven Steve's (prowlerflyer) TS2 and it was an awesome experience! Steve was gracious enough to provide me a unique opportunity to drive his car and even left it with me over a weekend if I wanted to drive it. No, I didn't drive his car over the weekend I had it, but rather provided him with an awesome detail :thumbsup The TS2 is an incredible experience and has power on tap when you need it. It complements the ZHP perfectly if you ask me. Let's hear from others who has had the TS2 in their ZHP's :thumbsup

You car is nuts Charlie. What did you not like about the AL swap in your headlights I've been wanting to do that swap to replace my crispy bowls.

Thanks Steve! :thumbsup Not in a hurry to replace my retrofitted AL projectors. They are performing very well considering I did the retrofit and am not a professional. I guess it's my OCD taking over....for some reason I want the FX-Rs over the AL projectors and I know Lightwerks does an awesome job on their retrofits :)

Charlie doesn't care about gas mileage so a supercharger would suit his style very nicely. I can't wait to get one myself; hopefully he's able to get one before me so I could try it out and see if I really want to drop that kind of dough. :biggrin

Actually BP I do care about gas mileage but am willing to sacrifice gas mileage for the "WOW" factor my ZHP has been getting. I think since I've been taking the lead on modding up here....I will let you be the first to get the TS2 between us and then I can check out Wobz after you have installed it. Then I can decide if I "should get" a TS2 for my ZHP.....:p Seriously though....I think most of you know that I will end up getting the TS2...;)

static667
10-25-2013, 12:22 PM
What? No stereo upgrade? :-(

Sent from my TI-85 with Tapatalk 4

cakM3
10-25-2013, 12:27 PM
What? No stereo upgrade? :-(

Sent from my TI-85 with Tapatalk 4

Sorry Kyle....for the time being no. Obtaining OEM CSL items for the ///M derailed me concerning my ZHP's stereo upgrade....had to get parts that are on the most part impossible to source when the opportunity to do so presented itself...;) Hope you understand....I will eventually get this done but for the time being....it's all about paying off some bills now that all my major mods are done for the year...

derbo
10-25-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm loving the amount of OEM-ness! My favorite modifications.

static667
10-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Sorry Kyle....for the time being no. Obtaining OEM CSL items for the ///M derailed me concerning my ZHP's stereo upgrade....had to get parts that are on the most part impossible to source when the opportunity to do so presented itself...;) Hope you understand....I will eventually get this done but for the time being....it's all about paying off some bills now that all my major mods are done for the year...

It didn't even make the future list. That's why I asked.

cakM3
10-25-2013, 05:35 PM
It didn't even make the future list. That's why I asked.

Oversight on my part Kyle. It is one of the projects I still want to do when I have available funds saved....:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

echo46
10-26-2013, 01:30 AM
Damn, Charlie, just read through this build thread. Quite impressive.

cakM3
10-26-2013, 02:27 AM
Damn, Charlie, just read through this build thread. Quite impressive.

Thanks Derrick! Just trying to make my ZHP perfect for me :)

PirateZHP
10-26-2013, 04:33 AM
Thanks Derrick! Just trying to make my ZHP perfect for me :)

... or anyone else

cakM3
10-26-2013, 04:49 AM
... or anyone else

:)

echo46
10-26-2013, 05:15 AM
I would venture that your ZHP is nearing perfection.

cakM3
10-26-2013, 05:48 AM
I would venture that your ZHP is nearing perfection.

Again I appreciate all the kind words Derrick! :thumbsup My ZHP is a road warrior in that it is driven 95% of the time year long. It takes the majority of abuse waiting for it on the roads and has shown wear.... Eventually I will have to address some of the rust spots developing when I respray the car. I figure the respray will cost me in the neighborhood of $5k or more by the time I get it all done. What I will be going for is perfection in the respray....so yeah, I know it will cost me a pretty penny. If I time things out right, it will be done sometime in the future (spring time) so that when the ZHP is in the shop getting body work/respray, I can take the ///M out full-time while the ZHP is getting much needed TLC. Then after I take it home from the shop, I will continue driving the ///M while the paint cures. Afterwards, I will be applying clear bra on the ZHP once the paint has cured.

Anyway....that's the plan for my daily road warrior.... but that will be a few years down the road...one thing I have learned Derrick is that you're never done...;)

johnrando
10-26-2013, 06:10 AM
All hail the mafia mod king! :theman

cakM3
10-26-2013, 10:23 AM
All hail the mafia mod king! :theman

:chuck

Sockethead
10-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Damn Charlie, if I knew you still had the CDV in there, I would of taken it out for you when I put the Diff in.... takes about 10 minutes...

Pip
10-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Damn Charlie, if I knew you still had the CDV in there, I would of taken it out for you when I put the Diff in.... takes about 10 minutes...

Good to hear it is a quick fix. I'll be doing this soon.

JupiterBMW
10-26-2013, 06:59 PM

That's assuming you spend like 3 minutes farting around! :rofl

Rob is right, the CDV is so ridiculously quick and easy...

And in terms of the TS2. I drove a car equipped with one. I'm getting one. End of story. None of this "you get it and I'll try it out" BS. We all know that doesn't mean jack!

cakM3
10-27-2013, 03:08 AM
Jon, I've driven Steve's (prowlerflyer) TS2 ZHP a few times. I know how awesome this is. Since I'll be putting all major mods on hold for the next few years in favor of helping my daughter get thru college, this is the perfect opportunity for BP to get his before I get mine ;)

spoonerDee
10-30-2013, 03:38 AM
Post the pics Chuck. Share what you showed me or ban!

cakM3
10-30-2013, 04:08 AM
Post the pics Chuck. Share what you showed me or ban!

Keith, I posted these pics in the "What did you do for your ZHP/BMW/Mini today #2?" thread. Here are the pics I posted :thumbsup

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/27/egagume8.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/27/6apahere.jpg

Love how my Performance calipers fill these wheels!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/27/8enequta.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/27/be4are5u.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/27/ru7y3unu.jpg

Then Johal mentioned if I considered plati-dipping my wheels and at first I was thinking of getting black but after thinking things over decided not to since I'm refinishing these wheels back to factory OEM finish sometime in spring...I think having them refinished back to OEM is the way to go for these wheels...:)

For what I payed to have these wheels, I'm very pleased! Tony told me brand new, these wheels ran somewhere around $400 and change per wheel so I ended up with all four wheels for less than what one brand new wheel would cost! Not bad if you ask me ;)

Torxuvin
10-30-2013, 04:54 AM
Plastidip has a metallic silver now that is more OEM. May be worth a try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPVeeEzFQt8

cakM3
10-30-2013, 05:20 AM

problem is when I want to get my wheels properly refinished, then I have to deal with pealing off the plati-dip.....too much work.....

328ioc
10-30-2013, 05:37 AM
problem is when I want to get my wheels properly refinished, then I have to deal with pealing off the plati-dip.....too much work.....

Spray with WD-40 then hit with a power washer....... Should come right off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

echo46
10-30-2013, 05:46 AM
For the price, those Style 68s are incredible. I bought them for my first e46 and my first e36. I think I paid $400 both times with good rubber. Anyway, I never thought about putting them on the ZHP because I really loved the 135s. However, you have changed my opinion, Charlie.

cakM3
10-30-2013, 06:04 AM
For the price, those Style 68s are incredible. I bought them for my first e46 and my first e36. I think I paid $400 both times with good rubber. Anyway, I never thought about putting them on the ZHP because I really loved the 135s. However, you have changed my opinion, Charlie.

Thanks, actually....the credit goes to BP. He has been rocking on these since last winter and that's when I decided I wanted to get a similar setup but with Blizzak LM-60 tires. :)

midlandtech
10-30-2013, 07:37 AM
Spray with WD-40 then hit with a power washer....... Should come right off.

Yup wd40 let it sit then hit with a power washer

az3579
10-30-2013, 09:06 AM

If you're going with silver when the wheel is already silver, PlastiDip is a complete waste of time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

cakM3
10-30-2013, 09:28 AM
If you're going with silver when the wheel is already silver, PlastiDip is a complete waste of time.

+1

Torxuvin
10-30-2013, 09:37 AM
It's to fix/cover road rash and scratches or if your finish is damaged or discolored on any particular wheel(s)

cakM3
10-30-2013, 09:49 AM
It's to fix/cover road rash and scratches or if your finish is damaged or discolored on any particular wheel(s)

understand what you guys are trying to say....since I have just spent a lot of coin refinishing my BBS wheels, I'm inclined to leave my Style 68's just the way they are for the time being and when I take them off in spring, my plans are to get them refinished at that point. I'm not looking to plastidip these wheels but appreciate the suggestions from everyone. The road rash that are currently on these wheels do not bother me too much and if something were to happen such as debris hitting these wheels, I won't be irritated too much...;)

Currently, I have other priorities among the many projects going on at my garage.... just shelled out some coin to have my OEM CSL bootlid prepped and painted TiAg for the ///M.....then there's Christmas shopping to do.....ahhhhhh the holiday season is almost here.......again.........

330i ZHP
10-30-2013, 03:29 PM
nice stuff Charlie

cakM3
10-31-2013, 01:59 AM
nice stuff Charlie

Thanks Stuart!

spoonerDee
11-01-2013, 04:15 AM
Lookin good mang. By the way the price you paid, was just a rental fee, good for one year :shifty

:keith

cakM3
11-01-2013, 04:21 AM
Lookin good mang. By the way the price you paid, was just a rental fee, good for one year :shifty

:keith

ahhhhh.......yeah.......:shifty :p

cakM3
11-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Today I installed my carbon fiber engine covers. They have been patiently waiting in my closet for about a year now. After looking at them I should have done this when I got them......glad I did this :thumbsuphttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/03/ysubedym.jpg

330i ZHP
11-02-2013, 02:10 PM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd62/smoulton0204/sedan/000_0200.jpg

Johnmadd
11-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Today I installed my carbon fiber engine covers. They have been patiently waiting in my closet for about a year now. After looking at them I should have done this when I got them......glad I did this :thumbsuphttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/03/ysubedym.jpg

Looks awesome Charlie. What took so long to put them on, just curious because sometimes I have a habit of buying parts and waiting ridiculous amounts of time before I do it and ask myself why I waited so long lol.

derbo
11-02-2013, 02:50 PM
I say it looks good with a TS next to the cf parts ;)

sent from a Moto X

cakM3
11-02-2013, 04:28 PM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd62/smoulton0204/sedan/000_0200.jpg

Stuart.....when I grow up someday I wanna be just like you....."baller" ;)

Looks awesome Charlie. What took so long to put them on, just curious because sometimes I have a habit of buying parts and waiting ridiculous amounts of time before I do it and ask myself why I waited so long lol.

Hey John, pretty much the same thing happened to me this time. I was going to refinish the clear but decided that I have delayed putting them on for so long that I said **** it and went ahead and installed them. After doing so, the same thought "why I waited so long" went thru my head as I took these pictures... I can say I'm glad I did! :)

I say it looks good with a TS next to the cf parts ;)

sent from a Moto X

Yeah Derek, I agree that I'm still missing something in my engine bay..... that item will have to wait another 4 to 5 years until my daughter graduates from college though...

cakM3
11-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Here's a few more pics I took using my DSLR...

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/DSC_2119_zpse7caecac.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/DSC_2130_zps3a77de62.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/DSC_2147_zps72205af9.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/DSC_2146_zpsb073be3d.jpg

Neighbors giving me "the stare" because there's two identical ZHPs in the driveway with Style 68's mounted on them... ;)
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/DSC_2160_zpsd709e31c.jpg

danewilson77
11-02-2013, 05:52 PM
PT!

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH

Hornung418
11-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Serious twins right there. Right down to the LP placement! looks good Charlie. I just wish the grain on the fuel rail cover was in line with the strut bar and the valve cover beauty piece.

Sent from my GS3.

az3579
11-02-2013, 06:03 PM
PT!

Noooo, no more PT... I'm too lazy!

cakM3
Serious twins right there. Right down to the LP placement! looks good Charlie. I just wish the grain on the fuel rail cover was in line with the strut bar and the valve cover beauty piece.

Sent from my GS3.

I too wish this Justin but this is how I got the parts. Unfortunately, these aren't reproduced anymore otherwise I would be looking for another "complete" set. For now I will rock these...:)

danewilson77
Hehe... We all know what PT stands for in this case.

az3579
11-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Hehe... We all know what PT stands for in this case.

So not excercise?
Beats me then. :dunno

danewilson77
11-02-2013, 06:07 PM
So not excercise?
Beats me then. :dunno

No.

az3579
11-02-2013, 06:16 PM
No.

Well then??? What does it mean?

danewilson77
11-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Pants Tight

cakM3
11-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Pants Tight

I lol'd on this comment...

danewilson77
11-02-2013, 06:25 PM
I lol'd on this comment...

If I made you smile..... My job here is done.

az3579
11-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Pants Tight

:shifty

:biggrin

cakM3
11-02-2013, 06:29 PM
If I made you smile..... My job here is done.

I cried....I laughed so hard :biggrin

derbo
11-03-2013, 08:43 AM
:facepalm you guys.. LOL.

sent from a Moto X

johnrando
11-03-2013, 09:16 AM
C/F fairies dusting Charlie's car again. Looks great. Like the pics you took Charlie.

cakM3
11-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Luv my carbon fiber fairies ;)

Avetiso
11-03-2013, 10:17 AM
You've been busy, Chuck.

echo46
11-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Very very nice.

cakM3
11-04-2013, 10:19 AM
You've been busy, Chuck.

Very very nice.

thanks guys! :thumbsup

cakM3
12-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Well...it's about time I take Rando's carbon fiber rear MTec II diffuser out and put in my OE diffuser panel for the winter.....yesterday I did manage to get my ZHP's interior completely detailed and boy does it look brand new inside! Carpets were steam cleaned including my matts. My alcantara seats were vaccumed and cleaned and the alcantara looks sweet! All my windows are so clean again....It was like I gave my ZHP the "Spa treatment" yesterday and she's happy :)

The best part is the car also got a free hand wash including detailing the dirty wheels. I did manage to get some pics this morning before going to work so when I get home early today, I will process them and post pics....today while driving to work I couldn't help thinking how much I love driving my ZHP :biggrin The ///M is in full hibernation now......

johnrando
12-12-2013, 08:01 AM
:like

ELCID86
12-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Sounds amazing. Hope you can keep her clean(ish) throughout the winter.

cakM3
12-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Sounds amazing. Hope you can keep her clean(ish) throughout the winter.

This is not going to be a problem, right BP???

az3579
12-14-2013, 07:17 AM
This is not going to be a problem, right BP???

Clean is a relative term. :(
The northeast sucks! But you definitely have the facilities to take care of it! :thumbsup

cakM3
12-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Clean is a relative term. :(
The northeast sucks! But you definitely have the facilities to take care of it! :thumbsup

Yes I do BP :)

cakM3
12-24-2013, 07:01 AM
For Christmas I got my ZHP a 3.46 LSD and am loving it so far! With the shorter gearing, I'm finding myself having more fun driving my ZHP everywhere. There's not much left for me to do to my ZHP, that is until I boost her....that time will be after my daughter graduates from college in a few years....she will be the first to be boosted as part of my plan....

At this point all I have to do is keep her "properly maintained" since I have already done everything I want for the time being.....perhaps I should look at new headers but I have to deal with this darn emission thing over here......suggestions from the family on what to do next performance-wise?

johnrando
12-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Great news on the LSD. I'm not sure what's left to do.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

cakM3
12-24-2013, 07:51 AM
John, I'm sure if you guys/gals look at the first page on this project thread, you can see all that I have done to my ZHP and might have an idea but I myself, have run out of things I want to do so my attention has gone back over to my ///M for the time being ;)

Avetiso
12-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Throttle body? Tune? Pulleys?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

cakM3
12-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Throttle body? Tune? Pulleys?

I was thinking of getting the DINAN throttle bodies but with an ESS TS2 I was told it was unnecessary. I already have a Shark injector tune on the ZHP so maybe pulleys would be next in order for the ZHP :biggrin Thanks for the input Dario! :thumbsup

echo46
12-24-2013, 10:03 AM
How about silicon Stett upper and lower intake boots?

Hermes
12-24-2013, 10:25 AM
How about silicon Stett upper and lower intake boots?

Not necessary if he goes FI

echo46
12-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Ah, true. Don't think I would ever go forced induction but I completely get it.

cakM3
12-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Ah, true. Don't think I would ever go forced induction but I completely get it.

Echo, if you have ever been given the unique opportunity to drive a boosted ZHP, you might be whistling a different tune so to speak ;)

Steve (prowlerflyer) gave me this unique opportunity to drive his TS2 boosted ZHP and I got to compare it to my ///M. It was amazing!

All I'm saying is if you ever have the opportunity to do so...do it :thumbsup

I couldn't believe the drivability a boosted TS2 ZHP has compared to a non-boosted one. It was the perfect non-M car :)

echo46
12-24-2013, 11:51 AM
I certainly would love to give it a go.

cakM3
12-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Perhaps someday ;)

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

echo46
12-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Well, I'm hoping it will be your FI ZHP beast?

cakM3
12-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Well, I'm hoping it will be your FI ZHP beast?

It will be about 4-5 years before I do this though. Got to get someone thru college first ;)

echo46
12-24-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm very patient.

cakM3
12-24-2013, 01:07 PM
At least when you come to help out with my ///M interior swap project, you'll get to see both cars up close ;)

cakM3
01-24-2014, 10:09 AM
Bumping my ZHP project thread because I got it in the shop changing out my rear diff oil and belts. :)

derbo
01-24-2014, 11:40 AM
:drool: good luck!

QC_ZHP
01-26-2014, 08:35 PM
Charlie, I was just browsing through some random old threads on e46f and came across this pic of your car.

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-01-10at54819PM_zpsa6b7913f.png

:drool:drool:drool

cakM3
01-27-2014, 04:55 AM
Charlie, I was just browsing through some random old threads on e46f and came across this pic of your car.

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-01-10at54819PM_zpsa6b7913f.png

:drool:drool:drool

Thanks! This pic was taken the day I picked up my BBS CH wheels on my way home from the OBX meet Kyle hosted :) It was a nice trip :biggrin

cakM3
01-29-2014, 03:00 PM
ZHP ended up back at the shop again today because as I pulled in I noticed some steam coming out from my front grills. Once I shut the car down I opened the hood to see where the steam was coming from and noticed my radiator hoses with coolant on them and the radiator fan being wet (assuming some coolant on it). I had the car taken in to have it properly inspected but am planning for the worse....funny thing is that other than the occasional steam coming out from the grill, there were no other indications (temp in the normal range)...

Looks like I may be doing a complete (unplanned) cooling system overhaul to include (brand new pulleys, radiator, expansion tank, hoses, sensors, thermostat, and water pump)...

derbo
01-29-2014, 03:02 PM
radiator too?! Baller.

Avetiso
01-29-2014, 03:05 PM
radiator too?! Baller.

Charlie so fly

ELCID86
01-29-2014, 03:10 PM
Looks like I may be doing a complete (unplanned) cooling system overhaul to include (brand new pulleys, radiator, expansion tank, hoses, sensors, thermostat, and water pump)...

DIY or shop job?

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

fredo
01-29-2014, 03:13 PM
Sorry to hear the news. Any clue when was the last coolant system overhaul done ?

cakM3
01-29-2014, 03:14 PM
Out of convenience I will have my shop do the job. Just don't feel like tackling this job after working on the ///M recently...

Sorry to hear the news. Any clue when was the last coolant system overhaul done ?

Coolant system overhaul was done 5 months shy of two years now.

prowlerflyer
01-29-2014, 03:28 PM
2 years just doesn't seem like in the failure window yet Charlie. New England weather is also not exactly taxing on the cooling system either.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ELCID86
01-29-2014, 03:36 PM
Understand on the shop-do-it job. Sure you need the whole thing done? I guess why you have it torn down..

cakM3
01-29-2014, 04:33 PM
2 years just doesn't seem like in the failure window yet Charlie. New England weather is also not exactly taxing on the cooling system either.

Steve, I was thinking the same exact thing. I'll have to wait and see what my service advisor has to tell me tomorrow after they take a look...

Understand on the shop-do-it job. Sure you need the whole thing done? I guess why you have it torn down..

When I last worked on my cooling system I opted to keep the OE pulleys and OE radiator. I figured if I "had" to redo my cooling system then I might as well have everything replaced while the car is there...new pulleys, radiator and such....that way I know there's nothing that needs to be done later regarding my cooling system.

johnrando
01-30-2014, 11:59 AM
Bummer, but it will be new and ready to rock w/no worries. Gotta like that.

az3579
01-30-2014, 01:29 PM

It absolutely is. You got both extremes in weather; hot and cold. The part that causes wear on the cooling system's plastic parts is the constant heating and cooling of the parts. If the temperature stayed the same year round, that would be pretty easy on the cooling system, but that certainly is not the case here. Lots of short trips have the same effect on the system as well.

radiator too?! Baller.

You should technically do the radiator every time you do the cooling system... it has plastic parts as well. You can usually get away with doing it every other cooling refresh, however, depending on the type of driving you do and how much you drive.

cakM3
01-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Today I found out the culprit to my cooling issues turned out to be a bad thermostat and failing water pump. I purchased these items from Turner Motorsport back in May 2012 so I was understandably discouraged that these parts could fail so soon... The service manager at the dealer saw that something was bothering me and asked me what the problem was. I explained to him how I purchased these parts less than two years ago and that I was surprised to learn that they both had failed. After hearing me out he turned to my service advisor and told her to eat the costs of the part and just charge me labor for this job. Talk about awesome service! A big :thumbsup for BMW of Warwick RI :biggrin

On another note, when I walked up to my car in the bay I noticed the mechanic working on my car laid the plastic snorkel right on top of my BMW Performance carbon fiber strut bar. I told him to never lay anything on top of it again and had him remove the part from the strut bar. Then I mentioned this to my service advisor and explained to her the rarity of this part and that I did not need to have unnecessary scratches because the mechanic was careless. Problem solved...

It was a long day at work for me wondering exactly the extent of damages to be repaired.....come spring I intend to do a full cooling system overhaul which includes replacing the radiator and auxiliary fan.....

Hermes
01-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Sweet! That's great service

cakM3
01-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Sweet! That's great service

Yeah, I was thinking the same exact thing then I ran into the General Manager and thanked him for the awesome service I had just received from everyone there. :thumbsup

fredo
01-30-2014, 02:00 PM
Free thermostat and water pump ? That's amazing, Charlie !

cakM3
01-30-2014, 02:16 PM
Free thermostat and water pump ? That's amazing, Charlie !

Thanks Alfredo! :thumbsup

johnrando
01-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Very cool. Glad you caught the strut bar potential issue.

cakM3
01-30-2014, 03:16 PM
Very cool. Glad you caught the strut bar potential issue.

You would think when opening the hood and see a carbon fiber strut bar you "wouldn't" put anything on top of it :facepalm

I made it plainly clear to the mechanic never to put anything on top of it again...

derbo
01-30-2014, 04:13 PM
Glad that was sorta out Charlie.

prowlerflyer
01-30-2014, 04:17 PM
Hey Charlie, you didn't go all Senior Chief on that mechanic did you?

ELCID86
01-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Very nice of them indeed. Sorry you had the issue with the tech/bar, but glad you addressed it.

cakM3
01-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Thanks guys :)

@ Steve, I kinda did go into Senior Chief mode on that mechanic and he could immediately see I was displeased he placed "anything" over my carbon fiber parts. Once I saw how he reacted I didn't have to go any further.

Sockethead
01-31-2014, 01:44 PM
How many miles do you think you think you put on those parts? I'm on my second water pump in a couple of years but I also put about 70k on the car so I think that is acceptable.
Also, were those parts genuine BMW? BMW parts have a 2 year warranty

cakM3
01-31-2014, 02:00 PM
How many miles do you think you think you put on those parts? I'm on my second water pump in a couple of years but I also put about 70k on the car so I think that is acceptable.
Also, were those parts genuine BMW? BMW parts have a 2 year warranty

turns out Rob these parts weren't genuine BMW parts....no BMW logo on the parts. I did get them from TMS though....I guess lesson learned, I will source original BMW parts in the future.....I did get my ZHP back from the shop today....car running well but I will be looking to replace the radiator, pulleys, and hoses come spring. Then the whole cooling system will be refreshed for a few more years usage....

Sockethead
02-01-2014, 12:24 PM
That's pretty good that they honored those parts. My water pump was a Bosch with a metal impeller. The bearing failed. I replaced it with an OEM since Kris gets a good discount.

derbo
02-01-2014, 12:33 PM
turns out Rob these parts weren't genuine BMW parts....no BMW logo on the parts. I did get them from TMS though....I guess lesson learned, I will source original BMW parts in the future.....I did get my ZHP back from the shop today....car running well but I will be looking to replace the radiator, pulleys, and hoses come spring. Then the whole cooling system will be refreshed for a few more years usage....

Was the service advisor kind of mad that they werent "BMW" parts?

cakM3
02-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Was the service advisor kind of mad that they werent "BMW" parts?

Derek, the service advisor was actually pretty cool about the whole thing. Only problem though was she told me they couldn't comp me the parts because it wasn't purchased at the dealership. Even though I purchased those parts from TMS, they told me BMW wouldn't comp the part. Guess it's their policy....only issue I had from all of this is the mechanic working on my car over pressurized my cooling system to get bubbling from my radiator and then told my service advisor the radiator was also bad (second day).

When I called them on this I got this response: "It is not pouring out or even dripping, he could see it bubbling out slightly while pressure testing it." Based on this response I don't think there are any issues with my radiator...

First day they immediately told me the thermostat was the issue, then an hour before closing they told me the water pump was failing (I would have assumed that the mechanic would have identified both immediately).....then the next day around 10am they told me "Test drove and re-pressure tested in the shop and the radiator is now leaking." so I was led to believe the mechanic was stringing me along....

Only thing that I found irritating during this visit...:facepalm Looking at the parts, not sure if the thermostat was indeed bad but the water pump did show signs of going bad. This spring "I will be replacing" the OEM water pump for a Stewart water pump among other things in the ZHP...

derbo
02-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Did you end up doing the radiator too?

cakM3
02-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Did you end up doing the radiator too?

I didn't do the radiator because it wasn't leaking...

derbo
02-02-2014, 07:23 PM
I saw this and thought you might have.

First day they immediately told me the thermostat was the issue, then an hour before closing they told me the water pump was failing (I would have assumed that the mechanic would have identified both immediately).....then the next day around 10am they told me "Test drove and re-pressure tested in the shop and the radiator is now leaking." so I was led to believe the mechanic was stringing me along....

cakM3
02-03-2014, 04:27 AM
Over the weekend I looked at the area the mechanic pointed out to me regarding my "leaking radiator". I cleaned up this area so that it was cleaned - no coolant residue. This morning after driving 27 miles to work, I opened up my hood to inspect this area and it was still clean with no coolant splashes at all in that area....everything was normal regarding coolant temp and how the car ran while I was driving it. Seems to me what I suspected is what happened regarding my radiator....I hate it when people try to trick their customers into thinking there's more wrong with their car than what it actually is....:facepalm

Good thing I have a clue regarding cooling system maintenance....if it wasn't for my BMW friends, I would have most likely given the dealer a go ahead and replace my radiator....now I can plan to do this myself come spring when warmer weather arrives...:thumbsup

derbo
02-03-2014, 08:47 AM
The phantom leak. I wonder if it only shows up on a non-warmed radiator that is pressure-tested. A hairline crack that only leaks when pressure tested on a non-expanded radiator.

Either way, at least it's not leaking. Just monitor that sucker Charlie!

cakM3
02-03-2014, 09:30 AM
... Either way, at least it's not leaking. Just monitor that sucker Charlie!

Will do Derek! :thumbsup

yura
02-03-2014, 12:09 PM
I hate it when people try to trick their customers into thinking there's more wrong with their car than what it actually is....:facepalm

That's why mechanics have such a bad rep. A fella's wife on a local forum recently took in their Volvo for some routine service, and they told her it needed new brakes ASAP. The kicker is that he had replaced all brakes a couple weeks earlier. He showed up with his wife and forced the service manager to find the mechanic who made that estimate and show him the brakes. Bricks were shat, apologies made, and free parts given. Scumbags.

cakM3
02-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Not saying all mechanics are bad...on the contrary there are many who are awesome. The one I had assigned to my ZHP in this particular case didn't impress me one bit. It's a good thing I have been doing a lot more "hands-on" maintenance thru use of posted DIYs and help from other Mafia members. Over the past 5 years, I have learned a lot regarding E46 maintenance so it's good when I can easily figure out if a mechanic is trying to play on my ignorance. In this case the guy lost...

What I find just as irritating is when I walk up to my car while it's being worked on and find parts laid right on top of my carbon fiber Performance strut bar....it clearly shows the lack of respect the mechanic has for the car and owner as far as I'm concerned. Still irritated by this.....sorry for the rant...

yura
02-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Yup, totally agree. There are good and bad apples everywhere.

az3579
02-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Yup, totally agree. There are good and bad apples everywhere.

Yeah, unfortunately there are lots of techs that just don't give a shit anymore. They do the job so many times over and over again, they lose motivation to do a good job and just want to get it done very quickly.

BMW techs at one particular dealership I know of get paid by the job. Each job only pays a certain amount of hours. If they complete a job well ahead of the book time, that's money in their pockets because they can start the next job sooner. If they take that time and then some, they lose time, therefore money. I would imagine it's the same at all BMW dealerships...

If that's the case, they won't take the extra time to set things somewhere else where it won't damage the strut bar as that affects their pockets as well. It's a shame, really. I don't believe in "pay per job" or commission jobs because quality goes down the toilet (in general, depending on the job and the person).

yura
02-03-2014, 01:33 PM
I don't believe in "pay per job" or commission jobs because quality goes down the toilet (in general, depending on the job and the person).

For sure. Paying hourly is the only way to keep both parties honest (within reason). Paying by the job encourages exactly what you described, which is great for the business owners, but not the customer.

cakM3
02-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Been awhile since I have updated my ZHP's project thread. This Saturday I will be changing out my radiator, expansion tank and hoses to complete my entire cooling system refresh. JP was kind enough to send out his red Samco silicone cooling system hoses to help me out. A big shout out to JP for helping out :thumbsup

This evening, I started changing out my OEM hoses for the Red silicone Samco hoses in preparation... :biggrin Use of a Dremel cutting out the OE steel brackets proved very useful...

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-02-12at65741PM_zps6684d2bc.png
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-02-12at65758PM_zpscbb7d156.png
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-02-12at65818PM_zps15813699.png
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-02-12at65836PM_zpsac93517c.png

It's great knowing when you need help, there's always someone here in "our forum" to come through! This is what separates our forum from the others...what "family" is all about! :thumbsup

derbo
02-12-2014, 04:40 PM
whoooooo silicon. Pretty.

cakM3
02-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing Derek! :)

az3579
02-12-2014, 05:13 PM
I thought you couldn't get silicone hoses because they've been on backorder for months? Damn you got lucky with that one!

cakM3
02-12-2014, 05:31 PM
I thought you couldn't get silicone hoses because they've been on backorder for months? Damn you got lucky with that one!

I had help BP.....yes, I was very lucky on this :)

cakM3
02-16-2014, 10:53 AM
I replaced my expansion tank, hoses, and leaking radiator this morning with BP's help :thumbsup Seeing how this was my first attempt ever in replacing a radiator, I felt more comfortable having someone there to render any assist if need be.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/17/ahezaryr.jpg

Yes....I know my power steering reservoir is dirty. I'll get to it once it warms up around here...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/17/unapy7ub.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/17/zyzy9azu.jpg
New radiator always looks nice :)

A very big thank you to JP for sending out his red Samco silicon hoses and BP for providing assistance on this repair :thumbsup

BP also coded my instrument cluster for a more accurate speedo and temp gauge :)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/17/atagy8e7.jpg

gmurphy
02-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Awesome work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cakM3
02-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Awesome work!

Thanks! :biggrin

johnrando
02-16-2014, 06:13 PM
Great werk!

ELCID86
02-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Nice work by Charlie and the phantom in plaid!

derbo
02-16-2014, 09:34 PM
Great job fellas.

Pip
02-18-2014, 08:29 AM
I really like the red hoses in the imola!

danewilson77
02-18-2014, 08:39 AM
I really like the red hoses in the imola!

I do as well, but I just wish the red was a tad deeper.

cakM3
02-18-2014, 12:51 PM
I feel the same way Dane but this is the best I could do in a pinch :)

WOLFN8TR
02-18-2014, 06:56 PM
Looking Good Charlie!!

Lanister
02-18-2014, 08:49 PM
Top job, Charlie :)

Keep 'em comin'!

cakM3
02-19-2014, 02:32 AM
Thanks everyone!

cakM3
02-28-2014, 06:46 PM
I wasn't planning to do this but after Derek showed me that this is possible, I'm back to placing 135i rear calipers as one of my future mods for my ZHP :) Doing this will complete my Performance Brake BBK upgrade and I will now be closer to my perfect ZHP :thumbsup

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP%20BBK/DSC02370_zpsb78b238a.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP%20BBK/DSC02362_zpsc61af321.jpg

Things I will need to make this mod happen are:

-A set of BMW performance rear calipers (or 135i rear calipers) - will source from ECS Tuning
-A set of e46 M3 rear discs - will source BMW Performance rotors from ECS Tuning
-A set of brake lines that are slightly longer than the standard ones

Lanister
02-28-2014, 06:52 PM
Wow that's noice! :)

Avetiso
02-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Nice! Can't wait to see it.

cakM3
02-28-2014, 06:58 PM
Wow that's noice! :)

Rusty hub! Is it easy to replace? is it worth it?

Giya, this is someone else's DIy. I will be doing the same when I can fit this in my busy modding schedule but I will be sourcing brand new rotors for this diy :)

Nice! Can't wait to see it.

Same here Dario! Now that someone has taken the initiative and showed how it's done, I will be following suit. This should look sweet once done! :thumbsup

ELCID86
02-28-2014, 07:04 PM
I wasn't planning to do this but after Derek showed me that this is possible, I'm back to placing 135i rear calipers as one of my future mods for my ZHP :) Doing this will complete my Performance Brake BBK upgrade and I will now be closer to my perfect ZHP :thumbsup

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP%20BBK/DSC02370_zpsb78b238a.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP%20BBK/DSC02362_zpsc61af321.jpg

-A set of BMW performance rear calipers (or 135i rear calipers) - will source from ECS Tuning
-A set of e46 M3 rear discs - will source BMW Performance rotors from ECS Tuning
What? That's neat.

Lanister
02-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Giya, this is someone else's DIy. I will be doing the same when I can fit this in my busy modding schedule but I will be sourcing brand new rotors for this diy :)

Same here Dario! Now that someone has taken the initiative and showed how it's done, I will be following suit. This should look sweet once done! :thumbsup

Seems easy enough :) Just gotta string the parts together. I need another money tree and this can be a reality :)

cakM3
02-28-2014, 07:20 PM
What? That's neat.

Yeah, I have been thinking about this ever since I mounted my BMW Performance BBKs. I even discussed this with Chad and he was going to look into doing this but right now he's crazy busy with college work and barely has time to do BMW stuff...

Seems easy enough :) Just gotta string the parts together. I need another money tree and this can be a reality :)

Yeah Giya, sometimes I feel the same way…..

johnrando
02-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Def interested, sounds good!

cakM3
03-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Def interested, sounds good!

Yeah John! I'm interested in this as well. Got word from Chad....looks like we will seriously be looking into this option ;) :thumbsup

derbo
03-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Good luck Charlie! I knew you would want to do this. Hopefully you can fill in the details about milling 2mm that the DIY guy did. From the looks of it, you gotta flip the left and right calipers so the bleeder is facing upwards.

Those Rear calipers are mad expensive!

Hermes
03-01-2014, 08:49 PM

These are the ones I bought for my car about a year and a half ago and never got around to installing. These were actually from the initial group buy that was required for Samco to build the hoses, I think there were 50 of us that bought them. Ended up being pretty expensive as they were hand made in England, sent to the guy who setup the group buy in Australia, and then from there to me. It seems they are much cheaper now.

I do as well, but I just wish the red was a tad deeper.

These are actually the darker "viper red" which was a 15% addition to the cost. The regular red is much lighter

cakM3
03-02-2014, 04:02 AM
Good luck Charlie! I knew you would want to do this. Hopefully you can fill in the details about milling 2mm that the DIY guy did. From the looks of it, you gotta flip the left and right calipers so the bleeder is facing upwards.

Those Rear calipers are mad expensive!

I don't know Derek...I can get these for my summer project ;)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/02/avuruvu2.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/02/e2uby2ev.jpg

The pics above show where you can get them and how much....I wouldn't say they're mad expensive...

kakashi169
03-12-2014, 06:07 AM
Charlie

When I first saw this one E46F, I thought about your BBK setup and wanted to forward it to you too LOL. Good luck with this project, let me know how it goes. I want in on this if its a good price and an easy diy.

328ioc
03-12-2014, 06:20 AM
Hmmmm that is interesting......so are those for the rear to compliment the BMW performance fronts?

Or is this a set of 4 that is midway between OEM and BMW performance bbk.

328ioc
03-12-2014, 06:47 AM
Nvm answered my own question.

derbo
03-12-2014, 07:57 AM
Charlie

When I first saw this one E46F, I thought about your BBK setup and wanted to forward it to you too LOL. Good luck with this project, let me know how it goes. I want in on this if its a good price and an easy diy.

You should do it too Daniel. It looks like minor work to get it done.

328ioc
03-12-2014, 08:04 AM
I am considering this as well. Just from a quick look on eBay and prices for the Gray 135 brake calipers isn't bad. I saw one set (all 4) for 1000 and another for 950. Beats the 1600 for the BMW performance ones from ecs.

derbo
03-12-2014, 08:26 AM
I am considering this as well. Just from a quick look on eBay and prices for the Gray 135 brake calipers isn't bad. I saw one set (all 4) for 1000 and another for 950. Beats the 1600 for the BMW performance ones from ecs.

The front caliper brackets on the ECS is modified. I remember Chad here was fiddling with it and I believe there is a slight gap with the 135i caliper stock brackets. You have been forewarned :D Feel free to PM me if you like to chit chat about it

328ioc
03-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Lol I just came across that post on E46f about making these work. I am fully aware I will need brackets.

I think a pm to chad will be in order.

cakM3
03-12-2014, 03:29 PM
It feels like it's been awhile since I posted any potential or current mods for my beloved ZHP.....

This time it looks like I will be getting another mod.....I don't have it just yet but it should be something interesting :) Those of you who know my ///M won't be surprised when you see this mod....;)

Hermes
03-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Sweet, finally installing the flux capacitor!

cakM3
03-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Sweet, finally installing the flux capacitor!

Yeah....it's going to be something.....wonderful! :)

johnrando
03-12-2014, 05:34 PM
It usually is by The Mod King. :)

kakashi169
03-12-2014, 05:47 PM
You should do it too Daniel. It looks like minor work to get it done.

If you do it, I'll do it too Derek. ;) haha We can be the first group to do it.

Charlie:

Please list the parts and link to us where you got them. =)

cakM3
03-12-2014, 05:49 PM

Charlie:

Daniel....

This is going to happen Daniel....first I'm donating my OE rear ///M rotors to Chad so he can test fit to his ZHP, then I'm going to do this once Chad verifies this setup works :thumbsup

derbo
03-12-2014, 05:54 PM

Charlie:

I have no interest in this Daniel. I'm removing my BMW Performance brakes in the front..it would look awfully weird with just the rears.

cakM3
03-12-2014, 06:01 PM
The something wonderful is another mod that has potential to materialize and become a reality.....the deal for this is not complete but I did express serious interest in pursuing it and have a feeling it will happen :thumbsup Just when I'm looking to do something else, this happens....but first I got to finish packaging my Scorza CSL boot lid so I can ship it out to someone so that he can finish his mod project....right now he's patiently waiting on me to ship it out to him.....appreciate his patience :thumbsup I know the wait will be well worth it though...:)

kakashi169
03-12-2014, 06:34 PM
I have no interest in this Daniel. I'm removing my BMW Performance brakes in the front..it would look awfully weird with just the rears.

Getting a new setup?

The something wonderful is another mod that has potential to materialize and become a reality.....the deal for this is not complete but I did express serious interest in pursuing it and have a feeling it will happen :thumbsup Just when I'm looking to do something else, this happens....but first I got to finish packaging my Scorza CSL boot lid so I can ship it out to someone so that he can finish his mod project....right now he's patiently waiting on me to ship it out to him.....appreciate his patience :thumbsup I know the wait will be well worth it though...:)

Nice, I am sure the buyer will be happy with your CSL boot lid. I am still on the hunt for a CSL boot lid for sedan. Gonna be a while though.

cakM3
03-13-2014, 04:57 AM
Nice, I am sure the buyer will be happy with your CSL boot lid. I am still on the hunt for a CSL boot lid for sedan. Gonna be a while though.

Daniel, he will be. Sean is already happy with the CSL rear diffuser I sold to him. In fact he's already posted pictures of his new CSL diffuser on this forum :)

Regarding a CSL bootlid for sedan.....just take your time to find the right one... None of them will be a copy of the actual CSL bootlid (similar yes, but not an actual copy) regarding the licence plate area because they all reuse the trunk handle. The actual CSL bootlid does not have a trunk handle.

I think when you find a CSL bootlid and mount it on your car, it will look awesome :thumbsup

Pip
03-14-2014, 03:02 AM
Why do they only make sedan versions with trunk handles? I've seen some clean looking sedan trunks with handles used on sedans like the VCSL or the Seibon, but I never noticed they all had handles.

cakM3
03-14-2014, 03:10 AM
Why do they only make sedan versions with trunk handles? I've seen some clean looking sedan trunks with handles used on sedans like the VCSL or the Seibon, but I never noticed they all had handles.

Sean, I have seen CSL bootlids w/ handles mounted on coupes but those aren't actual reproductions of the OEM CSL bootlid like the one I now have on my ///M. Seems some people would prefer to keep their trunk handles. I myself, wanted the most accurate CSL bootlid for my ///M since the ///M3 CSL didn't have a trunk handle.

For sedans, I don't think the actual CSL reproduction is as critical so to speak since sedans did not come with CSL bootlids to begin with. I still think adding this styling makes for a good looking sedan (see Ryans323i car - Lucy). I think the Seibon bootlid is the best CSL reproduction bootlid for sedans and if executed correctly will add to the sedan look :thumbsup

cakM3
03-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Today a very good friend dropped off something wonderful for my ZHP....:)

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-03-16at74156PM_zpsf99f7b76.png

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/vusehutu_zps182520de.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-03-16at74139PM_zpsbe1109a4.png

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-03-16at74211PM_zps7cd63861.png

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-03-16at65117PM_zps8c93b2aa.png

This is now one of many mods to be put on my ZHP during this upcoming 2014 season. Got a killer price on this item! Thanks Tony!!! :thumbsup

Tnhl1989
03-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Messy messy Charlie

Can't wait to see that thing on your ZHP :)

Avetiso
03-16-2014, 11:45 AM

PirateZHP
03-16-2014, 11:53 AM
Jelly...

ELCID86
03-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Wow. How light (heavy) is it?

Hermes
03-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Dope

Lanister
03-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Sooo nai :)

Pip
03-16-2014, 02:22 PM
That lid is going to look awesome!

Which brand?

Torxuvin
03-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Love it Charlie. Hope all is going well buddy

cakM3
03-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Messy messy Charlie

Can't wait to see that thing on your ZHP :)

Spare bedroom.....used for parts storage and stuff ;)

cakM3
03-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Thanks Dario :)

Jelly...

Thanks Matt! ;)

Wow. How light (heavy) is it?

I would say the whole boot lid weighs about 10 lbs max...was not too heavy :thumbsup

Dope

Thanks JP!:biggrin

Sooo nai :)

Thanks Giya! :)

That lid is going to look awesome!

Which brand?

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-03-16at65117PM_zps8c93b2aa.png

Thanks Sean!!! It is VIS and the quality of this boot lid seems okay....good enough that I will try mounting it to my ZHP after I have it painted in the proper Imola shade ;)

Love it Charlie. Hope all is going well buddy

Cam!!!! Long time no see brother! Appreciate your feedback...if you looked over both project threads you can see I have been keeping myself quite busy over the winter ;) Doing good my friend!!! Thanks for asking :thumbsup

cakM3
03-31-2014, 02:54 AM
This past winter has been extremely brutal to my beloved ZHP and it looks like I will be removing my battered Arqray lip so I think I may be looking to change things out and install carbon fiber splitters instead....any recommendations from the family on which to get?

Right now I'm looking at AutoCarbon carbon fiber splitters for MTec II bumper... https://www.bimmian.com/AutoCarbon-Carbon-Fiber-Front-Bumper-Splitters-or-Flippers-for-BMW-E46-3-Series (https://www.bimmian.com/AutoCarbon-Carbon-Fiber-Front-Bumper-Splitters-or-Flippers-for-BMW-E46-3-Series)

Or a set from Khoalty... http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46-m-tech-splitters-m-tech-ii-bumper.html (http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46-m-tech-splitters-m-tech-ii-bumper.html)

I don't know.....what do you guys/gals think?

Avetiso
03-31-2014, 04:44 AM
Garbino

328ioc
03-31-2014, 04:53 AM
This past winter has been extremely brutal to my beloved ZHP and it looks like I will be removing my battered Arqray lip so I think I may be looking to change things out and install carbon fiber splitters instead....any recommendations from the family on which to get?

Right now I'm looking at AutoCarbon carbon fiber splitters for MTec II bumper... https://www.bimmian.com/AutoCarbon-Carbon-Fiber-Front-Bumper-Splitters-or-Flippers-for-BMW-E46-3-Series (https://www.bimmian.com/AutoCarbon-Carbon-Fiber-Front-Bumper-Splitters-or-Flippers-for-BMW-E46-3-Series)

Or a set from Khoalty... http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46-m-tech-splitters-m-tech-ii-bumper.html (http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46-m-tech-splitters-m-tech-ii-bumper.html)

I don't know.....what do you guys/gals think?

Go on E46f and get the euro ones.

Nothing looms better.

danewilson77
03-31-2014, 05:11 AM
I would like to see an updated pic of the Arquay on your car Charlie.

cakM3
03-31-2014, 07:03 AM
I would like to see an updated pic of the Arquay on your car Charlie.

I'll get it after work Dane, but it's really beat up from the ice this winter....not worth reusing...

johnrando
03-31-2014, 10:52 AM
Charlie, we are going in on a GB of c/f splitters on e46f.c, about $220 each, made from the OEM mold. The best I've seen out there, can't really tell the difference between them and OEM, except OEM has a hole in the bottom.

cakM3
03-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Charlie, we are going in on a GB of c/f splitters on e46f.c, about $220 each, made from the OEM mold. The best I've seen out there, can't really tell the difference between them and OEM, except OEM has a hole in the bottom.

got a link to that thread?

johnrando
03-31-2014, 11:14 AM
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=821594&highlight=ctd+splitters

QC_ZHP
03-31-2014, 12:41 PM
...tempting.

cakM3
03-31-2014, 03:19 PM
I had a lengthly discussion with a very trusted friend this evening and all I will be saying guys/gals is that there's more changes planned for my beloved ZHP in the upcoming years....;)

QC_ZHP
03-31-2014, 03:32 PM
I like that sound of that!

cakM3
03-31-2014, 03:41 PM

johnrando
03-31-2014, 03:48 PM
Can't wait to see what you have in store for us Charlie.

derbo
03-31-2014, 04:26 PM
spill the beans jack

danewilson77
03-31-2014, 04:58 PM
spill the beans Chuck

fixed

cakM3
03-31-2014, 05:38 PM
it will be something wonderful ;)

cakM3
03-31-2014, 05:44 PM
fixed

Texted you brother :thumbsup

derbo
03-31-2014, 05:49 PM
fixed

It was a reference to Jack and the beanstalk :)

cakM3
03-31-2014, 06:08 PM
More like I've gone into the rabbit hole....seeing just how deep it goes....

QC_ZHP
03-31-2014, 10:17 PM
Now you're just teasing us

PirateZHP
04-01-2014, 04:44 AM
... come on chuckles... we need to know!

cakM3
04-01-2014, 05:04 AM
... come on chuckles... we need to know!

Okay....here's the first of several mods I plan to do to my ZHP in the upcoming years leading to my daughter's graduation from college....;) This mod will be done sometime during the 2014 Summer season....:)

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/vusehutu_zps182520de.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-03-16at74156PM_zpsf99f7b76.png

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-03-16at74211PM_zps7cd63861.png

never thought I would be putting this boot lid on my ZHP but thanks to Tony this will be happening :thumbsup Right now my body shop guy is slammed with other projects/jobs so he won't get to my boot lid until sometime this summer which is fine by me...

Then I have this mod I'm looking at doing sometime during June/July time frame...I wasn't planning to do this but Derek showed me that this is possible. Now I'm back to placing 135i rear calipers as one of many mods I want to do for my ZHP :) Doing this will complete my Performance Brake BBK upgrade and I will now be that much closer to my perfect ZHP :thumbsup

Things that are needed to make this mod happen are:

-A set of OEM ///M3 dust covers to replace the 330i dust covers.

That's it for now my friends...;) Trust me....there are more in store for my trusty daily driver machine ;)

PirateZHP
04-01-2014, 06:42 AM
:drool

johnrando
04-01-2014, 06:46 AM
+1, in other words:
:drool :drool

cakM3
04-01-2014, 07:10 AM
Since I already love the E46 platform and my ZHP has been paid for in cash....I don't ever plan to get rid of her....so it makes perfect sense to continue with my evolutionary plans and continue to mod and improve on her :thumbsup Some of you already know what my ultimate plans are but rather than spilling the beans, so to speak, I have chosen to reveal part of my plans here as I get ready to do them...:) This way my project thread doesn't go into too many directions as I continue to document my progress here :thumbsup

All I can say is that this has been an amazing journey with my trusty ZHP.....and I'm loving every moment of it :)

Vas
04-01-2014, 07:27 AM
Ownership with a ZHP is a never ending story.

cakM3
04-01-2014, 07:45 AM

Very true Vas :thumbsup

kakashi169
04-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Awesome Charlie. Thumbs up!!!!!

Question: Where did you get your CSL boot lid? I am looking for one too.

QC_ZHP
04-01-2014, 11:22 AM

Heard that!

cakM3
04-06-2014, 05:08 AM
Awesome Charlie. Thumbs up!!!!!

Question: Where did you get your CSL boot lid? I am looking for one too.

Sorry Daniel! I didn't realize I had left you hanging like this. The boot lid I acquired is a VIS CSL boot lid. I got it from Tony (Tnhl1989) who got it from a friend of his. Tony sent me pictures of this boot lid installed and it looked good so I purchased it at a killer price. Couldn't pass up on the price for this item so here I am looking to mount this item once I have it painted in the "proper" Imola Red color :)

cakM3
04-08-2014, 08:08 AM
I'll be picking up a new batch of Imola touchup paint and then working on the ZHP over the weekend doing much needed detailing...;) I will also be cleaning my alcantara steering wheel to swap out over the weekend.....Rando's leather wheel will be going to storage for the summer soon...:) Love being able to switch out steering wheels on a seasonal basis :thumbsup

kakashi169
04-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Sorry Daniel! I didn't realize I had left you hanging like this. The boot lid I acquired is a VIS CSL boot lid. I got it from Tony (Tnhl1989) who got it from a friend of his. Tony sent me pictures of this boot lid installed and it looked good so I purchased it at a killer price. Couldn't pass up on the price for this item so here I am looking to mount this item once I have it painted in the "proper" Imola Red color :)

Nice! Was it a private sale or from a vendor? I am looking for one. PM me and let me know the details if theres another one for sale! Haha.

cakM3
04-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Nice! Was it a private sale or from a vendor? I am looking for one. PM me and let me know the details if theres another one for sale! Haha.

It was a private sale Daniel....I got lucky. :)

On another note... looks like my trusty ZHP will be getting a set of Orion V4's installed over the weekend thanks to the awesome guys at Umnitza. I got an incredible deal on them...always helps to be good to the people who are in the service department taking sales...;)

cakM3
04-14-2014, 05:24 PM
I cleaned my ZHP... just a little and got an awesome view of my 156k engine compartment....getting it cleaned a little at a time ;)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/15/qysepeza.jpg

Even refreshed the trim piece around my Gruppe M CAI. Thanks Bruce for showing me exactly what I needed for this! :thumbsup

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/15/uteva4az.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/15/uru5ybe4.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/15/7ahy3ahe.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/15/syvusu3e.jpg

A few good friends got to see some of these yesterday :)

brettbimmer
04-14-2014, 06:13 PM
She looks great Charlie!!

Sent from my pineapple under the sea.

cakM3
04-14-2014, 06:15 PM
She looks great Charlie!!

Sent from my pineapple under the sea.

Thanks Brett!

johnrando
04-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Beautiful.

QC_ZHP
04-14-2014, 08:40 PM
How is it so clean?! Looks great Charlie

cakM3
04-15-2014, 03:43 AM
Beautiful.

Thanks Rando! :)

How is it so clean?! Looks great Charlie

You know how Steve...;) Thanks!

cakM3
04-15-2014, 04:06 AM
It was time to swap out steering wheels last night and I installed my black alcantara/imola red stitching steering wheel. The perforated leather steering wheel I sourced from Rando has been taken off and is in the process of getting cleaned and reconditioned prior to being stored in the closet for the summer season. It will be reinstalled in November...:)

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/DSC_0099_zps0925b988.jpg

kakashi169
04-15-2014, 11:46 AM
I love it Charlie, I have to admit, this is one of the few projects that I follow in this forum.

Keep it up!

cakM3
04-15-2014, 04:27 PM
I love it Charlie, I have to admit, this is one of the few projects that I follow in this forum.

Keep it up!

Appreciate the kind words Daniel! :thumbsup

cakM3
04-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Looks like I finally located a sedan hood w/ power dome that will work with my ZHP :) Looks like I will be ordering this by June this year ;)

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-04-16at81756PM_zpsc7e3e902.png

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/ScreenShot2014-04-16at81808PM_zps930ea178.png

Price for this carbon fiber power dome hood $639.20

Dane......more carbon fiber goodness for my beloved ZHP ;)

danewilson77
04-16-2014, 04:47 PM
#becausecffairies

Samsung Galaxy S5...

cakM3
04-16-2014, 05:02 PM
#becausecffairies

Samsung Galaxy S5...

yes....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/17/dysa8ugy.jpg

Avetiso
04-16-2014, 05:46 PM
:drool

Pip
04-16-2014, 05:49 PM
I wish it had the facelift lines and grills, but still looks good.