Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Refinish or buy new?

So my 135's are pretty beat up and it bothers me. I am also not a fan of the color and would like something more of a gunmetal. I talked to one place who quoted me for $125 a wheel. So $500 to redo them. To my knowledge there are no bends or cracks. I don't really want to take on the work myself since a few are deeper and I would rather it be done by a professional.
    I would kind of like to get new wheels though so I can have a bigger set up. I'm thinking apex ps-7 18x8.5 fronts 18x9.5 rears. This would probably run about $700 more than getting my wheels redone. Maybe I could sell my 135's for a few hundred in current condition?

What do y'all think? New wheels? Refinish 135's?
    Could I get some money for my rashed wheels (this is a big factor to me)?

They are stock staggered.

Sent from my 90's flip phone

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12563
    Wheel Refinishing Simplified doityourself

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Quote Originally Posted by mbeckel View Post
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12563
    Wheel Refinishing Simplified doityourself

Sent from in the bushes
    I read this awhile back. I thought you did a great job on the right up, and a great job with your wheels. I'm just not sure if I want to tackle that job, and if I trust myself.
    Also, I would kind of like to go bigger so new wheels would be nice
    Any idea what my wheels are worth in current shape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hcbeck2689 View Post
    I read this awhile back. I thought you did a great job on the right up, and a great job with your wheels. I'm just not sure if I want to tackle that job, and if I trust myself.
    Also, I would kind of like to go bigger so new wheels would be nice
    Any idea what my wheels are worth in current shape?

With decent tires maybe 600-700 plus shipping

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Your wheels are actually in pretty good shape. $125/wheel sounds steep to me, especially with what I see (or lack thereof) in regards to damage.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I think you might be right. One of them has only slight surface damage. 2 are in between.
    This is the worst of it

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Your wheels are actually in pretty good shape. $125/wheel sounds steep to me, especially with what I see (or lack thereof) in regards to damage.
    That's cheap as hell, IMO. In my area, the CHEAPEST I could find is $150 a wheel. Let's not forget that one of the places that does $600 for the set ($150 a wheel) is the DEALER!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

or you can have Botond refinish the wheel for you for a fee..... he does a great job refinishing the style 135 wheels... I will take a pic of the wheel he refinished last season (wheel is in my garage)

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    or you can have Botond refinish the wheel for you for a fee..... he does a great job refinishing the style 135 wheels... I will take a pic of the wheel he refinished last season (wheel is in my garage)
    Sorry Charlie, people wouldn't be able to pay me enough to do that. lol
    It's is extremely time consuming and I don't have the equipment to do the job 100% properly.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Sorry Charlie, people wouldn't be able to pay me enough to do that. lol
    It's is extremely time consuming and I don't have the equipment to do the job 100% properly.
    awwwwwww! You're being way too modest Botond! You did an awesome job on my wheel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast