Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DI Kit and results of pre winter treatment

This is my initial contribution. Definetely NOT a DI pro....but I am learning, and it really isn't that hard, if you're willing to spend the time, and make the effort.

So...with winter approaching, and only a couple of months till winter....I wanted to paint correct my car, and get it ready. I purchased the below kit at Detailedimage.com for around $200....

....But....was directed by the pro's that doing this prior to winter may be a bit of a waste, due to the harsh winter conditions.

I will use the above kit in the Spring for my paint correction, and post results and how I did it, and anything I learned.

What I did do though, was buy some Wolfgangs paint sealant, and Dodo Juice hard candy wax. I was instructed that this would be very good paint protection for the winter.

To use the above, I simply....

1. Washed the car.
    2. Ensured it was dry.
    3. Pulled it into garage, outta the sun.
    4. Clayed car.
    5. Applied the Paint sealant in accordnace with the directions using the yellow foam applicator pad.
    6. I did the entire car....and allowed it to haze.
    7. Buffed out using a MF towel.
    8. Then applied the wax....but only did this one panel at a time.
    9. Final buff with nice clean MF towel.

Thats what I did.....

Last edited by danewilson77; 11-08-2010 at 05:25 AM.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Looks great. Nice post. Please Let us know how those products hold up after a few weeks.
    -ADAM

Finished the DI, on horizontal piece of trunk lid, and hood.

All the swirls came out. I will post better pics tonight...

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Nice, want to come to California?
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Nice Dane! How's the rest of your car (in relation to swirl marks)?
    - Derek

Quote Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
    Nice Dane! How's the rest of your car (in relation to swirl marks)?
    Bad

I will be spending 2-3 hours on each panel.

I'm tempted to do this, but I think I might spend the $200 and have it done by a pro

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
    -Alex

You won't get a good paint correction for 200 bux. If you do....tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by adb1028 View Post
    I'm tempted to do this, but I think I might spend the $200 and have it done by a pro
    Dude, how close are you to Detailers Domain? Talk to Phil. See how much they charge. They are awesome.

"Professional" detailers are sometimes good, and sometimes screw up more than they fix. I'd say it's a 50/50 shot unless you have feedback on the shop.
    - Derek

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast