Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: 2016 Family Reunion Maintenance Day discussion

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    1,854

    2016 Family Reunion Maintenance Day discussion

    What are everyone's maintenance day plans?

    I'm hoping to do the following (at least the first two):
    -Front swaybar links
    -Underdrive pulleys, belts, and other pulley replacement
    -GAS DISA repair kit

    I will need major guidance, so any help will be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    4,199
    Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    What are everyone's maintenance day plans?

    I'm hoping to do the following (at least the first two):
    -Front swaybar links
    -Underdrive pulleys, belts, and other pulley replacement
    -GAS DISA repair kit

    I will need major guidance, so any help will be much appreciated.
    That should be doable! Pulleys aren't to bad except the PITA alternator. I know we had a hard time with BP's sway bar end links but, that was related to tools and compressor capacity, that I don't think we'll encounter.


    Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

    Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

    The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

    The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

    Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Helena, AL
    Posts
    633
    I really only have a few things on my list I'd love to get done:

    CDV Delete
    New halogen headlight bulbs (Can't get my fat fingers in there to do it)
    Coolant Temp Coding

    I'll be bring my Porter Cable with all my polishing supplies and detail supplies....

    Frank W.

    Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

    Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic


    plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,890
    Hoping to do my front window regulators. Ordered the URO Premium ones, so I'll be the guinea pig. The old ones work fine, but I'm tired of hearing them creak and move slowly the past few years.

    Frank,
    I can do whatever coding you need.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    That should be doable! Pulleys aren't to bad except the PITA alternator. I know we had a hard time with BP's sway bar end links but, that was related to tools and compressor capacity, that I don't think we'll encounter.


    Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
    I'm bringing my impact and socket sets as well. This Milwaukee is a monster cordless wrench so we will have that as well as the air.

    Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 40th Anniversary Edition
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 5MT - Restoration/Project Thread on T4R.org
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

  6. #6
    I don't have anything lined up for maintenance but il be there to lend a hand... and il also bring my tools...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    4,199
    Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    I'm bringing my impact and socket sets as well. This Milwaukee is a monster cordless wrench so we will have that as well as the air.
    I've got an old SnapOn 3/8 drive air impact, 2) 1/2 drive air impacts, 1) 1/4 & 2) 3/8 drive air ratchets, an air chisel, air grinder and the Milwaukee M12 impact and drill. Also have metric sockets in 1/4, 3/8 shallow & Deep & 1/2 shallow impact. The compressor is an old school 5 HP that seams to do the job.

    Don't leave yours home because of that. We may need more.

    Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

    The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

    The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

    Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

  8. #8
    Looking to paint my brakes gloss black with silver rattle clips. Maybe clean up the front rotor hats. That's basically it.

    Anyone happen to have black and silver caliper paint? If not, I can get some.

    I will be bringing ramps, jack stands, coding laptop, electric impact, hand tools, and a jack with me. Does anyone need a power bleeder? I can bring that too.


    Stu, if you and I met in an earlier life, we'd probably be dead. - Dane

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    I've got an old SnapOn 3/8 drive air impact, 2) 1/2 drive air impacts, 1) 1/4 & 2) 3/8 drive air ratchets, an air chisel, air grinder and the Milwaukee M12 impact and drill. Also have metric sockets in 1/4, 3/8 shallow & Deep & 1/2 shallow impact. The compressor is an old school 5 HP that seams to do the job.

    Don't leave yours home because of that. We may need more.
    Oh I knew you were fully stocked Guy...I'm just looking for excuses to use this thing.

    Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 40th Anniversary Edition
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 5MT - Restoration/Project Thread on T4R.org
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by fw_fw View Post
    I really only have a few things on my list I'd love to get done:

    CDV Delete
    New halogen headlight bulbs (Can't get my fat fingers in there to do it)
    Coolant Temp Coding

    I'll be bring my Porter Cable with all my polishing supplies and detail supplies....
    Frank, you have a coupe correct? So you planning to bake your headlights and change the bulbs at the reunion?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ZHPMafia.com Family Reunion 2016 Official Signup Thread
    By 3ZHPGUY in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 376
    Last Post: 08-03-2017, 08:53 AM
  2. 2016 Family Reunion Road Rally
    By 3ZHPGUY in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-26-2016, 03:56 PM
  3. 2016 ZHPMafia Family Reunion Directions
    By 3ZHPGUY in forum Individual Travelogues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 03:25 AM
  4. 2016 ZHPMafia.com Family Reunion, Donation Thread
    By 3ZHPGUY in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-28-2016, 01:35 AM
  5. ZHPMAFIA Family Reunion 2016 September 30th Drawing
    By 3ZHPGUY in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 07:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •