Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In the sticks in Parker County Texas (WNW of Ft. Worth)

Not sure I'll be here for long....but hello. :)

Good to meet you, Rusty here. Looks like you have a good thing going on. Reminds me of the camaraderie I remember from my days with the local roadster bunch.

Anywho, for 20+ years now I've been doing the displaced geologist-passing-himself-off-as-a-software-developer thing. No, computers don't excite me. Bored silly to be honest. But knowing how to write a little code and build a few databases has at least provided a means to an end. And oh yea, I'm the proudest freekin UT Longhorn you're ever going to meet!

I've had my 2005 ZHP in Imola since I bought it new in March 2005, when I tired of the drop-top life and felt ready for something a little more practical. Has been an incredible car; never a problem (save for one unscheduled battery death a month ago). I've got the 6 speed manual (doesn't everybody?), and just love how smooth the shifts are in this thing. It's wearing ASA AR1's right now with new Michelin's. Also upgraded the steering wheel under warranty to the M3 leather wheel (alcantara didn't work for me on the steering). Other than that, it's bone stock and it's going to stay that way as long as I own it. I think I'm just now fixing to hit 48k miles, so it's not exactly been a daily driver. But it does get exercised enough to make sure no arthritis sets in.

Which brings me to...................I think I've decided I might be ready to sell it. One part of me certainly wants to keep the car. But that part of me can't keep it, the truck, the wife's car, and STILL buy that CPO'd Cayman/Cayman S (maybe even a Boxster S...just not sure I wanna go back to a droptop), MZ4 Coupe, or Boss 302 (I stay eternally confused on what I want). I'm sorta starting to look at S52 MZ3 Coupes again, thinking if I can find a good buy (i.e., cheap) I'll just keep the 330. But I really think it might be time to finally give the other side a few years of ownership and put a P-car in the garage. Just all depends, and depends on a lot of things. But if you know anyone that's looking for a pristine little 330i in a really hot red outfit, lemme know. I'm not about to just give it away, but I'd consider reasonable offers.

Until then, maybe I'll just become a little more active here. And if any of you are within shouting distance of Weatherford (Tx....~25 miles WNW of Ft. Worth), give me a shout. We're out in the country with all the critters, our dogs, and peace and quiet. Maybe even bring your axe by and we can have a few beers and pretend we're guitar heroes.

So anyway, good to meet you. Take care and if I don't make it by again before then, have a fun and safe 4th of July.

All my best,
    Rusty
    (btw, sorry if I missed a rule saying I'm not suppose to post a link to a pic. Even sorrier if my first attempt at posting a link 'fails'!)

Rusty, welcome to the site. If you are interested in selling your 330, be sure to include it in the classifieds section. People are always looking for 1-owner cars with lower mileage.

Welcome, Rusty. Great looking car! Love those rims.

Good to see another Texan around here. I was just in Weatherford a few weeks ago for a family reunion (tons of fam, living and dead, in the area). Sounds like we're getting a meeting together in Texas sometime, so hopefully we'll be able to meet you.

Jason | 2004 BMW 330i ZHP | 6 Speed Manual | Imola Red | Natural Brown | BBS Style 197s | Awesomeness

Welcome to the troop. Just hang out as much as you want. No pressure Amigo.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome Rusty!

Glad you stopped by. No need to leave if you sell the ZHP - we don't discriminate. There are a couple guys on here with the Z4 M coupes and loving it.

Look forward to getting updates on whichever direction you decide to go.

oh... and Hook 'em Horns!

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Welcome Rusty! Me thinks you will be sticking around
    -ADAM

Welcome to the Family.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Rusty...you still have that ZHP?? I tried to buy it from you a couple of years ago!! Really wanted a red one to match my original but wound up settling for a low-mileage AW car, not as nice as yours, I'm sure. That weekend was a total washout, what with the BYU/Sam Bradford injury disaster at Jerry world

Welcome to the family, Rusty. No matter what you do with the ZHP, you are welcome here.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by static667 View Post
    Welcome to the family, Rusty. No matter what you do with the ZHP, you are welcome here.
    No kidding!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast