Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Phone holder/mount solution...

This is really not about audio/ICE, so I am just posting in general section...

So what do you guys use to mount/hold your phone?

I have heard good things about proclips, but was wondering what others have used/using...
    post a small review with pros/cons, price, and where you got your holder/mount.
    Pics would be GREAT, too...

Thanks a lot in advance
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Nothing fancy, just a standard iPhone mount from the Verizon store mounted as low as possible on the windshield (bottom of the unit touches the dash) so in case it loses suction, it doesn't go falling.

I will be moving to a dash mounted holder as soon as I find something stable and affordable.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks...

I was trying to avoid anything with suction cups...They don't 'suck' after a while, and fall off, which is really annoying and can be dangerous, too...
    I go through this with my Garmin GPS holders

you're right though...the Proclips are like $70 ! damn! but they work really well it seems:
    only showing mount - without holder:

http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionpa...ageid=1&dtype=

I am also trying to avoid vent-mounts, as they might damage the vents and are not very stable...
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I have this in my car right now. Works well and will rotate to landscape mode as well. Fits any phone on the market......or should, at least it works well with my iPhone:

http://www.bimmian.com/46/MDM/
    (lots of pic on the link above or if need be I can snap one in the car)

INSTALLATION DIFFICULTY: 2/5
    Basic Installation - Simple Tools, No Special Knowledge Required

What makes this the best mobile holder for your BMW? It's specifically designed to mount in the optimal location offering the driver the utmost in comfort, visibility and convenience of any mobile phone holder on the market.

Our custom vehicle mounts add convenience with a factory like appearance to your vehicles interior without obstruction instrumentation or modifying your dashboard in any way.

Our mobile holders are the easiest, cleanest and most secure way to mount your mobile devices! No gluing. No clipping to vents. No drilling. No suction cups. No permanent visible dash modification. This is what makes our mounts so desirable! The last thing you want to do is drill your dash! (On a few models, the bracket must be screwed to the dash under the dash trim. If the dash mount is removed and trim replaced, the holes are not visible.

The main concept of this product is to create a secure and accessible way to mount and operate a mobile phone, iPod/MP3 Player, satellite radio or GPS unit, much like they would the controls on a car radio. The device can now face the driver directly allowing better visibility of the display. Our mounts are made of a unique high-carbon mild steel, have a great strength-to-weight ratio and are finished with a black powder coat to look great in your vehicle's interior.

Once mounted, depending on the device, it can either be secured directly to our mount, or one of our optional device holder can be fitted to the mount. Our device holder features a spring loaded "quick-hold" system that opens up at the push of a finger, and hold any Phone/iPod/Blackberry/MP3 device securely. The phone holder adjusts to fit phones between 1 3/4" to 2 3/4", ideal for most mobile smartphones / MP3 players on the market today. The holder also features on-the-fly rotation for devices that you wish to see in a landscape position and in portrait.
    WIth the bimmian device holder you can rotate instantly and the holder locks into that position.
    Each holder had 4 soft & secure pads that protect and hold the device in place: one on each of the three arms holding the device and one large pad for the device to rest against.

Our mount provide the ability to plug cables into the top or bottom of your device, as well as access along the side at specific points.

The final install has the mobile unit angled at the drivers sight line without obstructing a single button on the dash, and within easy reach while leaving the glove box to open freely.

The following satellite radios may be attached directly to any of our mounts using hardware supplied with your radio without any other attachments from Bimmian: Delphi XM SKYFi, XM SKYFi 2, XM Roady, XM Roady 2, Myfi, Terk XM Commander, Audiovox S.R.S. SIR-PNP1, S.R.S. SIR-PNP2, S.R.S. SIR-PNP3, XR9; Brix Streamer SIR-STR PNP1, Radio Shack Orbiter SR4000, Clarion SIRPNP; JVC KT-SR2000, Sirius Starmate, Sirius Sportster, XACT XTR1 Stream Jockey, Sanyo CRSR-10, Kenwood KTC-H2EC

NOTE: This item is available for left hand drive vehicles only.

NOTE: This product is not intended to be used by the driver of the vehicle while driving.

I really have no idea what I am doing

That's also from Proclip? - I think it's the exact same thing.
    Thanks for the pics...looks great
    - i am leaning towards the left-mount for now (see my post above with pic)...but we'll see.

that one from bimmian always looked good. the Kuda mount is also nice but $
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

This. Clean look. Easy to use.

Imola Interior Bimmian PM by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Hmmm...idk why but I feel like the phone is very far from the driver...but perhaps that's how it looks due to the angle...
    I think I will feel better with a 'left' mount, as it's pretty close to my reach...

Your interior looks rather swell, I say!

I also have the bimmian mount. There are a few pics of it from different angles in my project thread. I like it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Thanks
    ...can't find your project thread...searched.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast