Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Juan, I think the jump from a 3.07 to a 3.62 is going to be difficult. According to TerraPhantm, if you can find an e39 M5 LSD and remove the ring and pinion and swap it into the M3 LSD, you will have a 3.15 LSD. Something to think about. But for $500 you should definitely buy this and just hold on to it and clean it up a bit. GL
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Justin did I miss something or what you're saying is kinda confusing me... Why would the jump be difficult for him if he is swapping the whole housing?
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Because the ratio is way to short for a non-M.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Because the ratio is way to short for a non-M.
    Ok gotcha, I wasn't pulling that from what you were saying

He will fly through first, that would be for sure lol.
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

First gear would be useless...
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

The M3 this has come off was in an accident that apparently something fell on its roof while parked at a shopping mall. Car could have been saved but the owner decided to part it since he was already thinking of getting a new car. Dont know if he had insurance or not, all I know is that he got to keep the car and sell me the parts cheap lol.

Yeah, first gear will be very short... Ill just use 2nd more.. haha But I think that with my driving style I should not have a problem with that. My work is 1/4 mile from home, so I use 1st gear very little. And when ever I drive past 4th gear I like to enjoy the car, so having a shorter 4th, 5th and 6th gear will be in my benefit. I also just bought my wife a 2012 Mini Cooper, so we are going to be using her car whenever we go out together.
    Last edited by Jlastor; 04-11-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    Juan Luis

2003 Imola Red Sedan

lol something fell on the roof in a garage..
    2004 330i Jet Black zhp
    :AA stage 1 supercharger:-:BimmerBrake Headers:-:UUC lightweight flywheel/organic clutch:-: VMR v710:-:more to come
    Merhaba

1st gear is changed from 38 to 32 mph max speed... Not really THAT bad. 2nd gear drops from 66 to 56. Its steep, but usable.

Sent from Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jlastor View Post
    Hornung - my car is manual.

mimalmo - i dont know if the m3 was smg or manual. But i had understood that that should not make a difference. How much for the subframe in case the person here does not have it?

Thanks guys, yeah the price is ridiculous! Basically I got that price because a friend of mine bought him the engine/ecu/harness and a couple other things, so my friend told him he would also buy the rear end for $500. The seller agreed and my friend is "selling" it to me for the same price. lol I hope everything goes smoothly.
    Actually, it does make a difference. If I remember correctly, the SMG driveshaft is a few mm shorter than the manual driveshaft.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Actually, it does make a difference. If I remember correctly, the SMG driveshaft is a few mm shorter than the manual driveshaft.
    I don't know for absolutely certain, but I believe you are wrong. The transmissions are exactly alike except the m3 transmission had mounting points for the hydraulic shift stuff, and the centering assembly for the shifter was removed. The drive shaft should be exactly the same.

***EDIT: I checked ETK, and there is no different part number for the SMG drive shaft... IE: They use the exact same one.***

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast