Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jeff & Heather's ZHP Project

Heather and I took ownership of our ZHP in Sept 2011, after the demise of our heavily modded E36 that we called "Lil Red".

As we were looking for the replacement for Lil Red, we decided that we wanted to have a sedan, as the kids are getting older and it would afford us more room. Heather was insistent about getting another BMW. And so the search for a ZHP began. After some time, we found a black 04 ZHP in Morehead City, NC that we were going to buy. I finally got the PO to send me the VIN (on the morning that we were to drive down) and found out that the car had a salvage title. We dropped that like 'hot potato', and Heather luckily found our current 03 IR ZHP in Charlottesville, VA. We called ... made a verbal offer ... and began our 4.5hr drive to pick it up. Here are several pics right after we signed the papers.

The ZHP at time of purchase:

2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    6-Speed Manual Transmission
    Imola Red with Alcantara Interior
    ZKW Bi-Xenon Headlights (slightly burnt bowls)
    Silver Cube Trim
    ASA GT1 wheels (staggered set F=18x8 / R=18x9)
    107,494 miles

I was the lucky one that got to drive it home to NC. Little did I know at the time that I would only be able to drive it on weekends after this .... . This is Heather's daily driver, which only makes sense seeing that I work from home. And our 04 Ford Expedition is not the most economical on gas.

I took the ZHP to the indy shop that I work with (on weekends) to have it looked over. The list of issues ....

Left Front Wheel bearing (replaced)
    Driver front window regulator (replaced)
    Windshield Washer Pump (replaced)
    Cooling System Overhaul (no issues but done as proactive measure)
    'half dollar' size tear in the Driver's bolster (Heather repaired that herself )

In the last 8 months ....

2 Oil changes
    Diff Fluid changed
    Tranny Fluid changed
    PlastiDip'd the Kidney Grills
    Replaced VCG / Vanos Seals / Spark Plugs
    Had 35% window tint installed
    Installed the Aux Input
    Added the Bimmian 'Mobile' mount
    Installed Umnitza Orion V2 Angel Eyes
    AFE Intake
    Installed additional power sockets .. http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-USB-charging..

By far the largest undertaking was the detailing done prior to SIGfest ....
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...nd-Cleanup-...

Current mileage = 126K

Future Mods ....

ESS Twin Screw Supercharger
    BMW Performance BBK
    OEM ///M3 Bi-Xenon Retrofit
    H&R Sport Cup Suspension Kit
    Headers
    MagnaFlow Exhaust
    ~Jeff

2003 330i / Orion V2 AEs / ASA GT1 Wheels / CDV Delete / OEM Aux / AFE Pro5 Intake

Jeff,

Heather's ZHP is looking great so far! Looking at your future mods....can't believe how similar our ZHP's will end up being (except that I have OEM M3 side mirrors)... Looking forward to seeing how you guys progress

Jeff....I sure am glad you are so handy!! And that you work so cheap! Seriously though, Jeff is the reason I am even in a BMW, and my wife refers to him as my "Chief Enabler".

His car is immaculate, and I am glad that I get to be his "BMW apprentice"....
    2003 325i JAPANROT with some engine mods...currently undergoing an unscheduled front end rebuild

~Jeff

2003 330i / Orion V2 AEs / ASA GT1 Wheels / CDV Delete / OEM Aux / AFE Pro5 Intake

Looks great Heather/Jeff.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Definitely a fine looking automobile in person. Very clean. Interested to see how the supercharger goes.

As for the bolster, I saw Heather fixing a few others' as well. Mad skills!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Subscrizzled my nizzle.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Sweet list. GL with the work, car's looking good!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Just ordered a new steering wheel from Coby Wheel. Will get pics up as soon as I get the wheel.
    ~Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast