Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Amazon Link for ZHPMafia ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Central locking failing

I attempted a search but found nothing. My central locking button has decided not to work any more. I vaguely remember a post or thread where someone tore theirs apart cleaned it and put it back together but I may just be making that up. Anyone have any ideas other than just replacing the switch itself?

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Is that circuit on a fuse? Could just be dirty too. Some people claim the bottom of the switch assembly needs to be glued back in place here.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Thanks I thought there was something else out there for it. I am going to tear it apart tomorrow and take a look. and hope for the best

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

The general module controls the central locking system. If your remote doesn't work either, there is a relay in it that goes bad. You can replace it yourself or there is a guy that can do it for you... I forget what his website is at the moment...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Interesting. The remote has be touchy lately and here recently quit working all together. I assumed the key was no longer holding a charge but now you have me thinking. Would they quit working at the same time or is it possible for the remote to quit working with the central locking failing several days later?

I recently had the exact same problem, include the hazard switch acting up also. Once I troubleshot down to the switch in the console, I went about replacing it. The surprising part was, when removing the switch out of the console, the plastic was so brittle it literally fell apart in my hands. No chance glueing was going to save this one. So, 35 dollars to the dealer, and a new combo switch, both central locking and hazard lights are working perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2004 330i ZHP ESS TS2 supercharged
    Silver Grey/Black leather, Xenons, factory Nav, 19" VMR V710 & 18" ZHP wheels for summer, Turner Motorsports rear sub-frame kit

GM5 module it sounds like.

It controls the windshield wipes, windows and other things too if you want to troubleshoot.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Ok I found the website: http://www.bmwgm5.com/

This is good reading for anyone that wants to learn more about this system...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Meric Guest
    GM5 is the worst.. That moment when your girlfriend expects you to unlock the doors but GM5 doesnt work properly and she thinks your an a^!hole for making her wait in the cold.. -.-

Midland, two things, the fuse: I think it's 65 or 67, albeit, Your symptoms really don't sound like a fuse, usually they just go out and it's dead.
    Next: when you open the door does the car give you the alarm for leaving a key in the ignition? When I bought my ZHP it was always like this I had no idea I replaced the fuse for the central locking system and it fixed this and my central locks came back to life with an old key and a new key.
    If neither of those hit it I would suggest the GM. I did read the website about the GM 5 and it looks like that relay that everyone is talking about in this thread is the most heavily used and most poorly designed relay in the whole GM5. Good luck :-)
    Sold- But not forgotten
    04 Silbergrau/6MT/Silver Cube
    Silbergrau Uberlegen Ist!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast