Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
Questions are fine. That's how people learn.

If you're only going to get 2 polishes, there isn't a need to get more polishing pads than 2...especially if you're only working on your car. What are the purpose of other pads if you only are using 2 steps?

Meguiars M105/205 is the combo to beat IMO. I have half of the Menzerna line on my shelf and I rarely use it (besides PO85RD). Meguiars is much easier to work with, finishes down nicer, and doesn't dust as much.

I'd say, (if you're talking LLC Pads color) go at least 3 Orange (for M105) and 3 White (for M205). You need a couple pads of each for each step, because polish clogs up in the pad and need to be washed. Unless you feel like waiting a couple days to wash the pad, and let it dry...I'd suggest grabbing a couple more. Personally I use between 6-8 pads PER step. But I'm OCD and I like having fresh pads for each panel.

You'll be happy with what M105/205 can do.
if you do decide to pick up our kit and you do go with only 2 pads I would say uber yellow and uber green.

pick up an uber black for the wax or sealant (provided that you want to use the machine for your last step)

if you look at the link you will be able to pick out the pads you want.