Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Amazon Link for ZHPMafia ZHP

Threaded View

1. Eonon GA6150 review

I posted this over at e46fanatics, figured I'd share it here.

I purchased a GA6150 for my ZHP sedan a while back, so here are my impressions

Installation
    • My trim pieces' metal pegs got jammed, and I broke off the peg socket on the inner piece.
    • I cracked and broke the heater vent, and managed to break a fork on one side of the installation tool doing it. The tabs just wouldn't release
    • I had to use pipe pliers to squeeze the adapter cable to lock into the wiring harness, but I think that's a problem with the harness, not the adapter cable (it did the same thing with the 5150 I had (and returned).
    • Once I got over that, the GA6150 fits flush, thanks to the change in the antenna mount. It didn't have the same issue as the 5150 I bought previously (and returned).

Appearance
    • The unit fits well, and looks like it belongs in the center console.
    • The icons and such are decent.

Operation
    • The radio is good, once you figure out the tuning buttons (not described anywhere I looked).
    • The brightness adjustment is better than the 5150 was (which was practically non-existent) and dims well enough, but I wish it would go darker.
    • The main screen looks nice, with a compressed version of whatever media is selected on the main screen.
    • The mode button and the steering wheel button below the volume controls both cycle through all the inputs, EXCEPT A2DP. Why? I don't know, but that really should be fixed in a software update.
    • The phone operation is good and bad. Overall it works well, but I can't figure out if it's using the external mic or the one on the head unit itself. Seems to be both, and I've done some testing. In any case, people sometimes tell me my volume's too low.
    • A2DP is good, but the volume is very low compared to the radio. This was true in my last car adapter, so I think it's the phone's fault.
      [*}Steering wheel controls do work as advertised, BUT, despite what Eonon says, you cannot alter their operation. The app to adjust the controls comes up blank, essentially. The 5150 also couldn't do this either, and they told me it wouldn't work. They really shouldn't advertise that you can alter the buttons if we can't.

I also purchased the forward and backup cameras, but I haven't installed either. I will when Spring comes around.

I considered buying the Dynavin N6, but it's overdue for an upgrade. I've been waiting for the Avin update, but got tired of waiting. IMO, the GA6150 is worth the price.
    Last edited by MrAdventure; 02-18-2017 at 09:06 AM.