Well, the weekend was a success. Cold and rainy had us all sliding all over the track on Saturday but on Sunday the rain stopped and the sun came out giving us a great track. The little ZHP did great!. The only issue is during the 2nd session on Sunday I thought I felt a misfire on the cool down lap and looking at the cluster showed the CEL is now illuminated. I ran faults on it and it had a misfire code stored for cyl#6. Thinking that I had a questionable coil and no spares I swapped the coil to cyl#2 and removed the coil over. When I went to start it for the 3rd session it bellowed blue smoke for a few seconds after start-up. I suspected the Crank Case Vent Valve was on it's way out and the misfire could have been caused by that. I continued up to the grid and with the engine running removed the oil fill cap, if it removes easily with no discernible change in engine operation the CCVV is usually in good shape. 3rd session went off without a hitch and no more drivability issues. I pulled into our "camp" and rechecked the oil fill cap, this time it had a fair bit of suction on it and the idle became erratic, confirming my suspicion about the CCVV being faulty. 4th session got the huge plume of oil smoke but otherwise again the ZHP did awesome.

I'm going to take a break for a week or two from the car and get caught up on some customer work. But future plans call for an interior swap from beige to black along with repairing the sunroof cassette. Then new front bumper and correcting any trim with clear coat issues. And then I'll probably post it for sale to fund a dedicated HPDE car. If it doesn't sell I'll continue to drive the hell out of it and maybe it'll get a S54 I have kicking around... who knows