Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Amazon Link for ZHPMafia ZHP
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Would over fill by half a quart for events. Then suck a half quart back out with a power bleeder. Install a baffle when it truly is necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post

Overfilling doesn't always help. My E46 does that as well after hard runs on a twisty autox course and it still ticks, even being overfilled.
    I'll run it a few times overfilled and see how it plays out. I'll install a baffle if it's pretty persistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    Nice build thread!

255s on 9.5 with 15mm spacers? Wow that must be a tight fit. My 255s were rubbing on 9" SSR Comps with no spacer. I had to get 245s and put the 255s on the back of the old RX-7. I didn't want to mess with rolling the fender lips.

The ticking is a non-issue really. It only happens for me after autocross runs and goes away on the way home after around 5-7 miles of normal driving. The extra half-quart thing has never worked for me in the many S50's and S52's I've autocrossed over the years. My current M3 sedan has 202k miles, so it doesn't seem to affect longevity much. I don't autocross that car anymore though. Strangely enough, my 99 M Coupe is always silent at the autox. It might be mileage-related, since it only has 59,xxx miles on it or maybe I'm not driving fast enough. Ha!

Enjoying your build thread. Keep the updates coming!
    Thanks! Yeah, it's pretty tight. At least a 12mm spacer is needed to clear the suspension. Right now the car is probably a little over -3.5 degrees in the front. I haven't driven it hard enough to get a front rubbing in hard corners. At full lock, they do rub the fender liners slightly. I've been trying to solve the rubbing in the rear, which I think was being caused by excessive toe in. I did a self alignment to see if reducing the toe would help, but since I managed to break the rear glass, I haven't been able to drive it. Next week I'll be rolling all of the fenders and backing off the camber.

That's interesting to hear. I guess the only way to find out is to run this car.
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3
    Recaro - Ground Control - Macht Schnell - AP - Mashaw - UUC - Schroth - Apex - TMS

Forgot to ad this. A few days ago while re-mounting the wing to seal it from water, an accident happened. I thought my buddy had a hold of it, so I took a hand off to thread a bolt. The wing slid down the trunk lid and manage to break the rear glass. Still trying to figure out how this piece of carbon fiber managed to do that...
    Good to know that next time I need to break a window that the perfect tool is bolted to my trunk.

Name:  FB_IMG_1441561407000_zpslmk5k3yq.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  59.8 KB
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3
    Recaro - Ground Control - Macht Schnell - AP - Mashaw - UUC - Schroth - Apex - TMS

I saw that earlier on instagram or FB. Sorry to hear about that and hopefully you'll be able to get it replaced shortly. Wouldn't want to be without the ///M at school.
    From my Surface Pro 3

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    I saw that earlier on instagram or FB. Sorry to hear about that and hopefully you'll be able to get it replaced shortly. Wouldn't want to be without the ///M at school.
    From my Surface Pro 3
    It's getting a mobile replacement tomorrow morning thankfully. I'll be bringing it over to the Napa Valley as soon as it's finished!
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3

Any updates on this? Just bought one myself. Going LS/T56.

-Dave

2004 330i ZHP sedan- 6 speed swapped, Corsa exhaust
    1997 AW 328i- S52 swapped
    2004 IR 330i ZHP 6MT- aFe Stage 1, Shark Injector, RE Underdrives, Dforce LTWs- SOLD
    1997 Technoviolet M3/2/5- LS1/T56 swapped- SOLD

Nice! Is it me or does the grille look uneven?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Nice! Is it me or does the grille look uneven?
    It's uneven.
    -Dave

2004 330i ZHP sedan- 6 speed swapped, Corsa exhaust
    1997 AW 328i- S52 swapped
    2004 IR 330i ZHP 6MT- aFe Stage 1, Shark Injector, RE Underdrives, Dforce LTWs- SOLD
    1997 Technoviolet M3/2/5- LS1/T56 swapped- SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
    Any updates on this? Just bought one myself. Going LS/T56.

Excellent! I love that color. As for updates, I received my Motorsport Hardware extended lug nuts; the quality is fantastic and the machining is beautiful. I also got the car aligned. The specs are -3.5 degrees and 0 toe in the front. -2.5 degrees and a 16th of an inch of toe in the rear. I'm hopefully going to do my rtabs and fcabs this weekend. I signed up for my first autox, November 21st in Sonoma. Sorry for the lack of updates, school has kept me busy.
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3

It's been a while, but I've made some fair progress recently. In the last month I've added an oem x-brace, some new CF BMW roundels, Powerflex Rtabs and Fcabs, and TMS OEM motor mounts. I also recently flushed the power steering fluid and gave the car some much needed love with the rotary buffer and the random orbital. The car looks and feels like a million bucks now. I'll add some photos when I get home this weekend.

I've been working a lot lately and I managed to round up the funds necessary to buy a used supercharger kit. I'm hoping to find a VF kit and piece together my own intercooler. If anyone knows of anybody selling a used SC kit (AA, Dinan, VF, RMS, doesn't matter a whole lot), please let me know. First things first though, the car needs a compression and leak down test to make sure it's ready for it. My end goal is 325+ whp at 7 psi or less.
    Last edited by NorCal-Dimitri; 12-29-2015 at 08:16 PM.
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3

Wow

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast